Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #71
Camaro509

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimus prime View Post
I want to see stock cars. I want the cars designs to have advantages over one another. ISNT THAT THE POINT OF MAKING A BETTER CAR?

I dont give a ship if people getting paid millions of dollars ocassionally run into a wall and die. I really dont. It sucks for them, but they know the risk and reap the rewards. Put the saftey equipment in the car, not build the car around the safety equipment. Its like me being in the Marines, I know damn well the possible consequences of joining, but I dont care about them. You think these clowns dont know they can die at 200 mph?

Soon there wont even be drivers in the god damned cars because it will be too dangerous. They will be giant rc camrys running. These cars are an effing joke with all being the same hp and weight and build. BS. F'em. I want to see a race where 0 cars cross the finish line. 0. And if one makes it they hit it with an RPG for effect.

Put some obsticales out there or something. You ever watch that ship? Its boring. Same car, same left turn, same car, same left turn, caution flag, same car, same left turn.....over and over. I dont give a ratts ass about the drivers, I want to see cars that other companies cant catch so they in turn build better and faster cars (production mind you). AHHHHH I can go on for days.
This ^^^ is the only way I would watch NASCAR.

Fold for team 11108 to help find a cure!
Folding@home Stanford's Research DC Program.
Camaro509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:25 PM   #72
Ferrarimk13

Drives: Hopefully a Camaro in a year
lol Nascar, that would be great for the camaro's image. Very sophisticated.
Ferrarimk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:37 PM   #73
chevy dude

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
I would love to see Mustangs, Challengers, and Camaros racing in NASCAR but unfortunatly it would just be the same cars we have now with different stickers (cause god forbid we do anything to hinder aero dynamics on account of design)

Im more for a "trans am" style racing series, let NASCAR do its own thing the way it wants, lets have a new series that takes rear wheel touring cars (like Camaros, Mustangs, and Challengers) mods them with racing pars available from their own brand, turns them into race cars, and races them on circuit tracks...instead of having a race car with stickers to make it look like a Challenger or Mustang lets take the REAL cars and make race cars out of them, id love to see how people could mod the LS3 into a race engine, or the new Hemis (that'd be one stipulation id wanna keep, you can only use engines available in the car)
Yeah,what he said
Old 10-23-2009, 11:12 PM   #74
1fastdog

Drives: 2002 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick@Metco View Post
I understand the argument about not wanting to compromise the body lines of the Camaro to fit the Nationwide series, but also consider the message sent by the Camaro's absence in the race.
The Mustang and Challenger are committed to the series, and the Camaro is kept in the garage. How will this be interpreted by the fans or pony car buyers?
That will be NASCAR's problem.

Maybe they will fill the field with Toyota's pony car.

I would figure the field will still require COT Impalas and Camrys to allow drivers who have brand spcific NASCAR contracts.

I'm sure Ford would be happy for folks to see an "Impala" or "Camry" beat their muscle machine...pretty much all negative for Ford actually.

NASCAR should get working on what they have wanted for some time.... their own spec NASCAR powered NASCAR bodied car.

If NASCAR falters in the upcomming years, expect the manufacturers to leave them to their own devices to put on the show.

Last edited by 1fastdog; 10-23-2009 at 11:34 PM.
1fastdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:27 AM   #75
whatthe
Account Suspended

Drives: thunderbird
this camaro could be gm's ultimate success, the body structure is something gm has never done before with a camaro, obviously they needed to rest and regroup with that model and the reorginization shows. now all they need is to figure how to drop a high performance series hybrid in it like a souped up version of the volt and bingo....gm will be back...one other thing obviously solar cells should be imbedded in the finish, i could make a nice one for about 125k per copy.....any orders kids....
whatthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:01 AM   #76
tsg1391

Drives: 79 formula 'bird, 5th gen soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthe View Post
this camaro could be gm's ultimate success, the body structure is something gm has never done before with a camaro, obviously they needed to rest and regroup with that model and the reorginization shows. now all they need is to figure how to drop a high performance series hybrid in it like a souped up version of the volt and bingo....gm will be back...one other thing obviously solar cells should be imbedded in the finish, i could make a nice one for about 125k per copy.....any orders kids....

Its legit, you just need to fill out a bunch of boring surveys.
tsg1391 is offline   Reply With Quote