Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #211
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Same here ,what the hell was she doing with an assault Riffle in her position,a question that can't be answered now with her dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
The mom got killed with her own weapon. I'm still trying to figure out how a older woman who's a elementary school teacher own 5 guns.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #212
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
The mom got killed with her own weapon. I'm still trying to figure out how a older woman who's a elementary school teacher own 5 guns.
This isn't a personal attack, just a fact.....

It's her 2nd amendment right to own the weapons she had. Gun owners come from all walks of life. A Church pastor was out just the other day shooting a sweet .357 sig with his son.

We can ask out of curiosity, but the fact of why she owned them is none of our business.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #213
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
It was a woman that was alone at times. Do you guys see all the people getting kidnapped, raped, shot, etc? Why wouldn't she own guns in times like this?
Old 12-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #214
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
For home/personal protection and because she was a gun enthusiast?

Why does an older Asian couple in Ohio have seven guns and over 400 rounds of ammunition upstairs?
Old 12-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #215
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I wouldn't want to live in communist America. I appreciate my right to bare arms.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #216
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGER BEE View Post
Same here ,what the hell was she doing with an assault Riffle in her position,a question that can't be answered now with her dead.
The better question to ask would be, "why wouldn't an upstanding citizen with an enthusiasm for gun rights own a safe or have them hidden in a place where an intruder would not be readily able to use them against her?"

I keep all of my guns in a place where you would have to get through an armed me first before you could get to the rest of my guns. Not the other way around...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
Old 12-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #217
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Like many people have said, the sensationalism could have been a contributing factor behind his motivation. He figures, "what has NOT been done yet in one of these shootings? Oh, I know! Let me kill children!"

Death was too good for him. He should have lived. You know, depending on the crime you commit, prison can be hell for certain inmates. Just because someone ends up in prison for robbing a bank or motivated murder doesn't mean they don't have morals, and usually they exercise these beliefs on inmates that violate their moral standards. Ever see how poorly child molesters are treated in prison? Can you imagine how this guy would fare in a federal penitentiary? None too well.

Killing himself was the easy way out. That's why they always kill themselves after they're done. It's an act of cowardice to kill themselves because they don't want to face their punishment. He should have lived to answer for his deeds. :(
Old 12-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #218
HookemHorns

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot Convertible
The very people that want to bans guns are OK with the slaughter of million of unborn babies!..
Old 12-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #219
dolt45
Glorious Ignoramus

Drives: SS 45th
Here's a link with legitimate numbers, the website of the FBI.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...e-data-table-8

In 2011 over 4,000 people in the US were murdered with weapons other than guns. Anyone who wants to kill somebody and doesn't have access to a gun will easily find another way.
Granted, a there were a lot more killed with guns but my point is still valid. People without guns still kill other people. Did you notice that 728 people were killed with no weapon at all (hands/feet only).
You can ban people down to the point of being naked in field like a bunch of sheep and and they will still be able to kill one another ...and sometimes will.

BTW: Those 728 barehanded kills are more than double the number of rifle kills (as in 'assault' rifle).

I've said it before, I'll say it again. If you have a good solution, I'm all ears. Knee-jerk reactions and unverified statistics to support your claims will not get my attention.

Let us not forget that banning something does not make it unavailable.
Illegal merely means you get it on the street instead of a store.

Disclaimer: I really have no idea WTF I'm talking about.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #220
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
I wish our country was not sick and ill. Crime, violence, drugs, alcohol, dirty sex, sloth, gluttony, greed, gambling, television that promotes garbage, unemployment, poverty, hunger, homeless, etc. is everywhere.
Our government is the people. The people are the society. The society is sick and ill, lacking good moral and ethical values. So the government is also sick and ill. How can our government be good when the people are not good.
I know there are lots and lots of good people in this country. I wish the good could overpower the bad and squash em like a bug.
To be a child, a child that is being raised right, with good parents. ( A Mom and a Dad) To be so innocent. Not knowing that the grown ups of the world are so out of control.
We need control. We need a humble righteous leader, with a strong overpowering backing. That will make this country right. Erase the bad people from society. Promote goodness, jobs, health, education, quality family values. Fix our country and make it right. A humble leader with the additude to willingly live in a tent while the people of his country live in homes. (And then I woke up) Now I pray.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #221
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #222
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
I wish our country was not sick and ill. Crime, violence, drugs, alcohol, dirty sex, sloth, gluttony, greed, gambling, television that promotes garbage, unemployment, poverty, hunger, homeless, etc. is everywhere.
Our government is the people. The people are the society. The society is sick and ill, lacking good moral and ethical values. So the government is also sick and ill. How can our government be good when the people are not good.
I know there are lots and lots of good people in this country. I wish the good could overpower the bad and squash em like a bug.
To be a child, a child that is being raised right, with good parents. ( A Mom and a Dad) To be so innocent. Not knowing that the grown ups of the world are so out of control.
We need control. We need a humble righteous leader, with a strong overpowering backing. That will make this country right. Erase the bad people from society. Promote goodness, jobs, health, education, quality family values. Fix our country and make it right. A humble leader with the additude to willingly live in a tent while the people of his country live in homes. (And then I woke up) Now I pray.
You mean we need someone to stand up and say "Ask not what the country can do for your, but what you can do for your country." The country does not mean the government it means us a sovereign nation. US as in you and I, Joe bob down the street, and everyone else in between. This thinking built this great nation. Now we are more divided than ever before. Racism, Secularism, sexism run rampant through every form of government, private business, and club out there. Its depressing.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #223
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGER BEE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
This isn't a personal attack, just a fact.....

It's her 2nd amendment right to own the weapons she had. Gun owners come from all walks of life. A Church pastor was out just the other day shooting a sweet .357 sig with his son.

We can ask out of curiosity, but the fact of why she owned them is none of our business.
Sure it's her right to own guns. I'm sure she didn't expect to get killed with it by her own son.

I believe she should've kept them safe and away from her children. I do know some people like to display their fire arms taking "pride" in what they own. Lesson? Never under-estimate an old lady ever again.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #224
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I have not spoken with Ted today. I'm sure I will at some point tomorrow. His youngest is a high school student and he lives about 25 minutes away from Newtown.
You guys were actually the first I thought about when I seen it on the news. I was hoping it wouldn't be around you. Sorry for the loss in your community and the damages it has caused.
Closed Thread