Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #29
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Somehow, stock Coyotes gain anywhere between 3/10s and up to 8/10s in the 1/4 mile just on Camaro5. Anywhere else and they run times consistent with the magazines. But once a Camaro5er starts talking about them, be careful, you'd think they had extensive mods. I mean, the Mustang is faster here than it is on Mustang sites. Even Dodges on this site are considerably faster than anywhere else. In fact, the only car on this site that seems to be slower than what the magazines say is...the Camaro. The SS is heavy, our wheels are heavy, our brakes are too big, we can get the power to the ground, even when we do we still have 5 tons to move...face it, we have a huge, hefty, underpowered car with horrible traction. The fastest SS (even with mods) will lose to a stock Coyote. And the Coyote is just getting faster and faster on here. Soon, bone stock 11-13 GTs will be in the high 11s.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #30
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Somehow, stock Coyotes gain anywhere between 3/10s and up to 8/10s in the 1/4 mile just on Camaro5. Anywhere else and they run times consistent with the magazines. But once a Camaro5er starts talking about them, be careful, you'd think they had extensive mods. I mean, the Mustang is faster here than it is on Mustang sites. Even Dodges on this site are considerably faster than anywhere else. In fact, the only car on this site that seems to be slower than what the magazines say is...the Camaro. The SS is heavy, our wheels are heavy, our brakes are too big, we can get the power to the ground, even when we do we still have 5 tons to move...face it, we have a huge, hefty, underpowered car with horrible traction. The fastest SS (even with mods) will lose to a stock Coyote. And the Coyote is just getting faster and faster on here. Soon, bone stock 11-13 GTs will be in the high 11s.
Bang on brother......don't say it's a drivers race either.....I'm wondering all those who comment on the mustang being so fast....have ever raced one . Sure they are fast.This info you post isn't new. Go out and run one see how you do ..then you can share your story good or bad.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:36 PM   #31
CobraBall

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
The problem is there is too much hype in the magazine testing. Folks run out and buy these cars thinking they are going to rule the world then head to the track only to get embarrassed. Fact is the 1LE is no faster than the standard SS and in most cases appears to be slower most likely due to the increased gearing making the car more difficult to launch without tire spin. It is not surprising at all that the 5.0 won these races. The 1LE is going to need DRs to be competitive.
And a track package 5.0 isn't any quicker than a regular 5.0 either. Same rules still apply for both cars. I'm not sure why everyone is so enamored with the TP 5.0 here, but it's no quicker in a straight line than a vanilla 5.0.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #32
ABMLS3

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraBall View Post
And a track package 5.0 isn't any quicker than a regular 5.0 either. Same rules still apply for both cars. I'm not sure why everyone is so enamored with the TP 5.0 here, but it's no quicker in a straight line than a vanilla 5.0.
Track pack has shorter gears so it would be quicker in a quarter mile. Not a big difference tho

Power Source Performance Turbo Kit

416 C.I ,TH400
Instagram: TomTraube
COTW ABMLS3 Build Thread
Old 10-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #33
Cody6.2

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
What a load of shit that is.

The tire upgrade alone base GT vs Track Pack GT is enough to sway the results of a otherwise equal race. And then there's the gearing which also makes for quite the difference especially from a dig.

With that being said I'm surprised no one has mentioned the throttle delay the 5.0 has. From first hand experience I can tell you it makes a world of difference. With the stock tune you might as well give people a two second head start from a roll. Learning to anticipate this delay has changed the outcome of quite a few races in my favor.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #34
CobraBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABMLS3 View Post
Track pack has shorter gears so it would be quicker in a quarter mile. Not a big difference tho
The fastest 5.0s have proven to be the 3.31s and 3.55s. You can also get the 3.73s outside of the track package, for what it's worth.

Quote:
The tire upgrade alone base GT vs Track Pack GT is enough to sway the results of a otherwise equal race.
Trust me, it's not that big of a difference. The summer P Zeros aren't that great of a tire. It's not as if it's a jump from a snow tire to an R compound.

Quote:
And then there's the gearing which also makes for quite the difference especially from a dig.
The 3.73s also make first gear worthless and usually require an extra shift before the trap. For that reason alone, as I said above, the 3.31s and the 3.55s are usually the gears to have.

The nuance that many here seem to miss is that the track package is designed to improve the car at the road course, not the drag strip. Hence, why you see improvements in cooling and braking and not pure power. Likewise for the 1LE.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #35
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
The fastest 5.0s have proven to be the 3.31s and 3.55s. You can also get the 3.73s outside of the track package, for what it's worth.

Trust me, it's not that big of a difference. The summer P Zeros aren't that great of a tire. It's not as if it's a jump from a snow tire to an R compound.

The 3.73s also make first gear worthless and usually require an extra shift before the trap. For that reason alone, as I said above, the 3.31s and the 3.55s are usually the gears to have.

The nuance that many here seem to miss is that the track package is designed to improve the car at the road course, not the drag strip. Hence, why you see improvements in cooling and braking and not pure power. Likewise for the 1LE.
That made me LOL

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Old 10-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #36
Cody6.2

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

Oh look another load of shit, nice.

1- So far people think all gear ratios run the same times so why bother being specific?
2- The difference between the base models 235 PZero Nero and the PZero is night and day.
3- First gear is just fine assuming you have decent tires, see above.

On top of that the Track Pack itself changes nothing in the braking department but simply includes all the Brembo Package contents.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #37
CobraBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
Oh look another load of shit, nice.
Between my dad and myself, we've owned five different 5.0s in the past three years, I've owned three of them myself. Suffice it to say, I've forgotten more about these cars in the past five minutes than you could ever dream of knowing.

Quote:
1- So far people think all gear ratios run the same times so why bother being specific?
Who exactly thinks that all gear ratios run the same times? They don't.

I'm not sure if you're making a statement or asking a question here.

Quote:
2- The difference between the base models 235 PZero Nero and the PZero is night and day.
Lol, ok, if you say so. My personal experience says otherwise, not some hearsay I read on the internet.

Quote:
3- First gear is just fine assuming you have decent tires, see above.
What is "decent tires"? Slicks, DRs, summer tires?

Quote:
On top of that the Track Pack itself changes nothing in the braking department but simply includes all the Brembo Package contents.
Yes, thank you Capt Obvious. I assumed that was understood, but thanks for (needlessly) clarifying that for everyone. The Brembos are part of the track package, so yes, the track package does address braking.

I'm done arguing with 17 year old know it all, internet experts. I knew there was a reason I took a break from this place.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #38
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
I don't give two shits about track numbers let alone magazine tests.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #39
Novie LE

Drives: 2014 1LE
I owned a 5.0 and am currently waiting on my 1le to be built. The track pack cars in stock form are slower. Mine was not a track pack car and it came with the standard 3.31 rear end. Only took the car to the track once when it was stock and it went 12.6 at 111.9 on the stock 235 all season tires. I am expecting my 1le to get here in two weeks so hopefully I can give it a go before the tracks close here for winter.

Closed Thread