Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
"thePill" is hard to swallow

this guy seems adamant he knows the real story...some of this makes perfect sense...some does not. it does take a long time to have a car approved for scca and based on the current rules it does seem illegal..maybe a super touring class...that leaves pro racing???

this is a mumbo jumbo...pick thorough it for morsels and I endorse none of it.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=705
Old 07-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
He used to be on here until he got banned.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Hmmm
He does make great points. This car isn't legal in any class of racing....
Old 07-11-2013, 12:55 AM   #4
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
It may be legal in the Grand Am grand sport class
Old 07-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
That was an interesting read, I definitely learned some things, but it made me laugh at the same time. His major angle of attack is that the Z/28 won't be sanctioned in any real racing classes, and it betrays the intent of the original homologated Z/28.

So what?

Chevy is using mag shocks and carbon rotors that are illegal in road racing?

So what?

It would be retarded of Chevy to forgoe using the advancements they have made in mag ride technology on their "halo" or special cars for the sake of some SCCA class rules.

I guess high end exotic sports cars that don't use iron rotors are dumb too, because they didn't reverse engineer their cars to meet organizational racing rules. Yeah yeah, carbo-ceramic is over-priced for what it does yadda yadda

That whole "what wins on Sunday sells on Monday" mindset died decades ago. I don't give a shit who won what class in SCCA, I have zero skin in that game. I'm not quitting my day job to race competitively in Grand Am, I drive and hit the track for me and to have fun. I don't need to be associated with a racing circuit to enjoy a fast sports car. I pay my entry fees at whatever track, do my inspections, run my car, and then go home. If my mag ride shocks don't qualify me for this or that racing venue, I don't care, I wasn't registering anyway.

The egotism is funny too. He apparently thinks people on Camaro5 are actually thinking to themselve that the "thepill" guy "was right all along". Seriously who is "ThePill"?

Camaro5 must have left some serious mental scar tissue on this guy to be so obssessed with what some forum thinks, enough to take pictures of people's posts. Perhaps it is the moderators he has an issue/grudge with, but wow.

EDIT: The photoshops were funny. It's good to be passionate about something though.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Last edited by Rock36; 07-11-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #6
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtotintops View Post
this guy seems adamant he knows the real story...some of this makes perfect sense...some does not. it does take a long time to have a car approved for scca and based on the current rules it does seem illegal..maybe a super touring class...that leaves pro racing???

this is a mumbo jumbo...pick thorough it for morsels and I endorse none of it.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=705
I'll be honest - I have no idea who this guy is or what his issue is with camaro5.

I will say that I noticed he mentions a lot of "regulations" but fails to cute what regulations he's referring to. Just an observation.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #7
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I would love to see some of the C5 regulars rebuttle to this, bc its slow at work and would make for great coffee break reading
Old 07-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #8
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Basically all you need to know about this guy is he had nothing better to do with his life than go on Camaro/GM related sites and relentlessly talk about how much better the Mustang/Ford was and continuously make excuses when Ford came up short in whatever way until he was banned from pretty much every site.

The sales threads every month became comical. Camaro would come out on top continuously and he'd make excuses about Mustang inventory being low.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #9
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Basically all you need to know about this guy is he had nothing better to do with his life than go on Camaro/GM related sites and relentlessly talk about how much better the Mustang/Ford was and continuously make excuses when Ford came up short in whatever way until he was banned from pretty much every site.

The sales threads every month became comical. Camaro would come out on top continuously and he'd make excuses about Mustang inventory being low.
Exactly why I want to see a C5 regular argue with him... I could use some good laughs from the arguments on both sides lol
Old 07-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #10
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
His point appears to be that GM is marketing the Z28 as a track car, but it isn't legal for track competition per current rules and specs. I don't care enough to read through the rules, but if what he says is true, then that should be of concern and should be made public IMHO.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #11
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
I can't speak for pro racing but in club racing I'm 99% sure he is correct about the motor, brakes, and wheel tire combo being illegal in SCCA club racing. You can download the GCR and look for yourself. http://www.scca.com/clubracing/content.cfm?cid=44472

I think you should look under T1 and T2. I think you could strip the car and run it in GT1 though but I'm not totally sure.

I hope there is a way this car gets homologated and approved somewhere in scca but Steilow's comment of brakes lasting a full tank of gas makes me think endurance racing...and thepill is correct in that it takes a long time and much technical submissions to get approval...if they want to pro race this car next year they are likely well in to the approval process.

so overall I think the pill is correct in his assertions about current legality...how he actually puts forth his information is both funny and a bit creepy at the same time.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #12
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtotintops View Post
I can't speak for pro racing but in club racing I'm 99% sure he is correct about the motor, brakes, and wheel tire combo being illegal in SCCA club racing. You can download the GCR and look for yourself. http://www.scca.com/clubracing/content.cfm?cid=44472

I think you should look under T1 and T2. I think you could strip the car and run it in GT1 though but I'm not totally sure.

I hope there is a way this car gets homologated and approved somewhere in scca but Steilow's comment of brakes lasting a full tank of gas makes me think endurance racing...and thepill is correct in that it takes a long time and much technical submissions to get approval...if they want to pro race this car next year they are likely well in to the approval process.

so overall I think the pill is correct in his assertions about current legality...how he actually puts forth his information is both funny and a bit creepy at the same time.
yeah, defs a bit weird the way he posts it hahaha
Old 07-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #13
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
What he has said makes you truly wonder about alot of things. He does have some insanely valid points.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #14
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
His old post would swing to extremes. He'd seem rational and coherent then moments later he'd seem bipolar.

Closed Thread