Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-22-2009, 09:05 AM   #43
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
I agree.. it is about the principle. To the OP, that sucks you aren't getting your car now. What really sucks is some jerk is going to swoop in and pay more for the car than they should. They are the ones making it worse for the rest of us. The more people paying over sticker for these cars, the more these dealers are going to over charge. This has to be stopped. GM should step in here. GM needs to stop production on the camaro.. then these dealer won't have anything to sell. That will show them. If they aren't in business they can't over charge on the car.

I agree with you, what a hassle. They should have called and told you. They didn't, they are a huge disappointment. Now pay the $400 and do a big nasty burnout in the dealers lot.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:12 AM   #44
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
Shheeeesh. I was just trying to be sarcastic. There are people actually suggesting he cancel the order. Don't get me wrong $400 is a huge deal to me especially right now, but c'mon you are purchasing a $35,000 car. The dealer didn't say "screw you we want more money." GM said "hey we have added value to the car...$400 worth of back up sensors. You can save the $400 by getting a 1SS if you like."
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #45
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
The paperwork you sign when you order usually says somewhere that if MSRP increases, so will the price you're agreeing to pay. It sucks that you weren't aware of this until it came time to take your car, but it's what you agreed to.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:19 AM   #46
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCamaroSS View Post
Some of you guys are really rough on the OP. For those of you making ridiculous statements like "$400 is nothing": that's the reason you're having to finance a toy, and others are able to pay cash. I don't care who you are, $400 is not "nothing".

LOL.... My wife can burn through that in one trip to Walmart... And to some of us $400 isn't anything ...... We can pay cash, but may choose not to for tax reasons.... Myself it is a business deduction so I want the payments to write off in order to reduce my gross earnings....
Old 09-22-2009, 09:22 AM   #47
omegaman

Drives: very poorly
Send a message via AIM to omegaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerss View Post
Went down to the dealer today to see my baby and finalize everything,and to my SURPRISE an additional $400.00 was added to the list price???I was told that the Camaro is now being built with rear back-up audible sensors,and you have no choice but to pay for them...
The Camaro has very poor rear visibility, and really needs the backup sensors. You'll be glad you have them.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:32 AM   #48
SlingShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think they can do that. When you ordered your car you signed the bill, and were given a copy. That is what they have to go by, and it doesn't sound like the dealer followed through on their obligation of "notifying the customer" of the increase.
Don't stand for it, I don't blame GM for it, it sounds like the dealer is taking you for a ride. It's not about the money, it's the principle, stand your ground, tell them you will not pay it, and if they don't accept it, cancel the deal and go elsewhere. You can't give into these "snakes" who are giving other dealerships a bad name.
I gave my dealership a list of things to do and/or not to do at time of ordering (thanx to Camaro Scotty's list) and had them attatch it to my bill, and sign acceptence. They were well informed that if my list was not followed I would take back my deposit & go eleswhere, not to mention provided poor advertising for the dealership.
I realize times are tough for dealerships these days, but they have to keep the customers they have, happy.

LOL..... Have fun looking for a lot car ...... GM marked up the price not the dealer..... GM added the sensors and increased the shipping .... If you think the dealer will eat the cost, your on drugs ..... Don't forget the car is theirs until the final paper work is finished..... They will have no problems selling it to another customer more than willing to pay the mark up MSRP ..... It's a done deal, live with it.....
Old 09-22-2009, 09:38 AM   #49
BlackCamaroSS
Old school SS, junior

Drives: Many; all Chevrolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
LOL.... My wife can burn through that in one trip to Walmart... And to some of us $400 isn't anything ...... We can pay cash, but may choose not to for tax reasons.... Myself it is a business deduction so I want the payments to write off in order to reduce my gross earnings....
LOL... Oh, don't get me wrong; I realize that to many people $400 doesn't seem like anything. That was kinda my point. It's really nothing at all when it's spread out over 72 months of payments, huh...

OT, I know, but interesting that you are financing for tax purposes; that's exactly why my accountant had me purchase it outright.
BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #50
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
OT, I know, but interesting that you are financing for tax purposes; that's exactly why my accountant had me purchase it outright.
It depends on your tax situation. You may have a lot of profit that you need expenses against ASAP, vs. someone else who would have it better if they could draw it out.
CamaroFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:46 AM   #51
coolman

You got to pay to play. I wish my wifes had the back up sensors. You will too once you drive it for awhile.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #52
Susantroy1
To All Veterans

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Inferno Orange
Why don't the folks trading in another vehicle try to negotiate a better trade in value? maybe try and split the difference. I'm sure they may meet you half way. Sure way to get the dealer to not budge is go in there and demand that you only pay what the original GM order workbench noted. FWIW My GM Order Workbench statement says:

"Pricing shown is for illustration purposes only. Refer to GMPricing.com for official GM Pricing is subject to change by GM at anytime, without notice".

Nuff said
Susantroy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:55 AM   #53
katman

Drives: 2LT Auto RS sunroof
I agree with most here, that once you drive your Camaro for a few days, especially in an urban area, while trying to parallel park, those back-up sensors will pay for themselves. I would figure that replacing one rear bumper would cost $800 or more after hitting something.
katman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #54
SlingShot

Quote:
LOL... Oh, don't get me wrong; I realize that to many people $400 doesn't seem like anything. That was kinda my point. It's really nothing at all when it's spread out over 72 months of payments, huh...

My wife does in home childcare, and there are tax laws that are specific to them. And under the childcare tax laws, they are able to take annual payment deductions over the life of the loan. It's actually a sweet deal, for all the things we are able to write off. Our annual income is around $125K and don't pay quarterly taxes. At the end of the year we are able to write off 75-80 % and still get earned income credit .......
Old 09-22-2009, 10:07 AM   #55
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Unfortunately if you read the fine print which no one does lol. Until the delivery of the vehicle the price can alter due to admin fees, taxes and equiptment. Its lame but its legal. The car you originally paid for didnt have the equiptment, now it does so its not like youre getting ripped off and 400 for a factory backup sensor especially on these cars is a pretty good price.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:32 AM   #56
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanian View Post
A $400 increase to a finance could possibly raise your finance payment. I would be and probably will be a bit upset when mine arrives someday never. My dealer has tried to jack up the price on us two times already, and getting any information out of them for the progress of the order is like trying to get a hold of the "President". Also, if the finance company you use doesn't agree with the extra $400 and you don't have it to fork up cause you put all you had into the deal already, this could make or break you receiving the car you already had a deal on.
$400/60 months= $6.67/month plus what interest there would be
$400/24 months= $16.67/month plus interest...

Again, that shouldn't make or break a buyer if they want the car and can afford it. As was posted earlier, if you are this close on qualifying...please think before you buy because the OEM tires on this car are ridiculously expensive right now...and you are going to want to mod the thing...admit it...where will that money come from?

I'm curious why the finance company wouldn't agree to the $400? It's not like you are installing curb feelers for $400 or undercoating for $400...this is a GM standard option. Are people running into this issue? I've seen it with dealer-added crap like pinstripes for $200 ($10 worth of striping max by the way), paint and interior protection (usually $25 to a dealer or so depending on the company scamming, er providing it), glass etching for hundreds of dollars (couple of bucks worth of materials), and undercoating (factory already has galvinization and if it isn't applied correctly may actually hasten rusting)...but never with a true dealer installed piece of standard equipment.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote