Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 03-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
Painting Stripes, Shop Suggestions

I just bought a Dovetail spoiler and since it will need painted I was thinking about getting the vinyl stripes pulled off and painted on too.

Anybody had this done in the area and have any shop recommendations? How much did it cost? I'm gunna go to my dealer first, but figured I'd shop around a bit.
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Try Skibo's Auto Body, they are right off Courthouse Rd. Also I had a friend got some paint work done for his Camaro at Falmouth Auto Body right of RT 1. Im going to be checking them out to do some spot paint for me.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Good luck with the visit to the dealer. The one near me, wouldn't entertain painting stripes or my spoiler. The body shop that did my stripes actually gets hired to do the pinstripes on cars at dealerships in the area. Go figure that one out? As a matter of fact, I asked the dealer if they would paint the little portion under my bottom grill with black since they were taking the nose off anyway to put in my Heritage grill and they wouldn't entertain that either.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnoopster View Post
Try Skibo's Auto Body, they are right off Courthouse Rd. Also I had a friend got some paint work done for his Camaro at Falmouth Auto Body right of RT 1. Im going to be checking them out to do some spot paint for me.
Courthouse in Stafford? Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them both out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
Good luck with the visit to the dealer. The one near me, wouldn't entertain painting stripes or my spoiler. The body shop that did my stripes actually gets hired to do the pinstripes on cars at dealerships in the area. Go figure that one out? As a matter of fact, I asked the dealer if they would paint the little portion under my bottom grill with black since they were taking the nose off anyway to put in my Heritage grill and they wouldn't entertain that either.

Yea I figured I'd give it a shot as I've seen some people get some luck with the dealers. When I was at the body shop last for the bumper repair I mentioned it in passing and they made a stink about how hard it would be blah blah blah.
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #5
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSilencerXx View Post
Courthouse in Stafford? Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them both out.
Yes in Stafford
Old 03-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
ls2 goat
SLOW GUY

Drives: 2005 GTO
I've got a buddy down in Richmond who does all my work. If you don't mind the drive he can get you hooked up.
ls2 goat is offline   Reply With Quote