Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #99
Bomino

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
I find it hard to believe it'll be the same as the difference between a ZR-1 & Z06. Could be! But my question is: why not buy a Vette? The camaro won't outdo a Z06 I don't think right?
Zl1 and z06 are already neck and neck on the ring.

When the c6 z06 first came out it posted a 7:43.

Zl1 7:41

The corvette isn't SOOO much better than the camaro, even though on paper it may seems so..

1le even beat the grand sport around VIR iirc.

A lot of people seem to think this car was made just to somehow bring that badge back.

The z/28 REALLY is a car for people to track, even with the z06 available for similar price. GM is serious about this car, and it WILL perform. Just watch...
Old 04-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #100
Boris632

Drives: 1955 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Boris, you're showing a propensity for jumping to unfounded and terribly inaccurate conclusions...and a sense of close-mindedness, that I perceive as "unworldly" and intolerant.

What's my age? Might I be a grandfather? Of tween/teenaged grandchildren? Who listen to what?

Nothing creepy about me, in this regard. You might consider broadening your horizons a smidgeon. It's a pretty cool world, just beyond your "fenceline"...

Wow just wow.

1st - I don't care who you are or what you do. But you came out and made the assumption "that I am waiting for the die cast model" because I could not afford the Z/28 at a 70k price tag.

2nd - You also assumed that my stock was paid out in pesos or some other bull shit. Sorry once again I never provided any background on my financial situation nor do i plan to other than I can swing for a 60-70k Z/28 if I really wanted.

3rd - Now I am close minded even though in my current situation I am looking for a fun, streetable, and track worthy car. The Z/28 fits. I am also looking at Z06/ZR1s (used) or 911 Turbos (also used) or a C7 (new) but for some reason it is an apples to oranges comparison? How so? They all fit the bill and are priced about the same. I don't care about warranty I just wanted a car that came from the factory and ready to tear up a track. So how is it close minded cross shopping brands new and used?

4th - Intolerant? How? When? I don't like bubble gum music never have..well i did have an MC Hammer tape when I was in 4th grade

So let me clear this up - you have been nothing short of a world class penis to just about all of my posts in the Z/28 forum. Fine it makes you look like a good old fashion dick. Personally I don't care I will most likely never meet you and do not really care to either. I came here to learn some more on the Z/28 and newer refresh 2014 Camaros. I have no brand loyalty but I am very happy GM built this sweet car. I do have my reservations about how they did it (and reading other posts i don't think i am the only one) but that won't stop me from having it if I truly desire.

You also stated that they just will be limited because they just can't make them but i have read a few places now saying GM will make them if you want them. Sooooo which is it?
The first 2 years of the Z06 were 6000 and 8000 cars sold and those were more than 70k each.

With no more Z06 or ZR1 for 2014 the door is open for the Z/28 to be the king of Chevy performance cars. Well if this is true, I can see at least 3000 of these cars being sold. What is the limit that you seem to be so sure of? Do you actually know or are you trying to make an educated guess like me? Until all the info is released it is all speculation. Don't get all butt hurt because my opinion is different than yours.
Boris632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #101
Boris632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomino View Post
Zl1 and z06 are already neck and neck on the ring.

When the c6 z06 first came out it posted a 7:43.

Zl1 7:41

The corvette isn't SOOO much better than the camaro, even though on paper it may seems so..

1le even beat the grand sport around VIR iirc.

A lot of people seem to think this car was made just to somehow bring that badge back.

The z/28 REALLY is a car for people to track, even with the z06 available for similar price. GM is serious about this car, and it WILL perform. Just watch...
the Z07 package on a Z06 went 7.22 and the ZR1 went 7.19. I am thinking the Z/28 could be a low 7.30s car (very respectable) especially for a "muscle/pony" car.

I would like to see how close the C7 and Z/28 are to each other.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #102
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
correct me if i am wrong but isnt the ls7 a hand built engine? also isnt it an engine they cant mass produce do to being hand built AND the government regs, cafe epa blah blah blah? so there can only be so many ls7 sold in this country without screwin up their averages.

also as a car enthusiast i am happy the z28 is being produced even if only for one year. i am happy it isnt like what they did to the z28 in the 4th gen.
i am unpleased but not unhappy about the price point. i was out as soon as it didnt have an auto option but the price made it to where i wouldnt buy it then throw 10 grand at a transmission so i could drive it. if it really is going to be more than a zl1 i would rather buy a awd car and dump half the price of a zl1 and be the baddest car on the track. shit imagine what you could do with an mr2 and 40 grand?

i hope people drive these cars but i fear and think it will end up in a lot of old guys garages with a bubble around it.

for all the guys comparing a camaro to a corvette its border line absurd.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #103
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
You are correct. Hand built at the Wixom Engine Plant.

Here are some fun numbers:

Products & 2011 CY Volume: (Total Wixom engine production for 2011 was 3,376 engines as follows)
  • 6.2L V8 Grand Sport Engine LS3Dry Sump (2011 CY produced: 1,841)
  • 7.0L V8 ZO6 Engine LS7 (2011 CY produced: 1,099)
  • 6.2L V8 Supercharged Engine LS9 (2011 CY produced 436)
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:09 PM   #104
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
[/QUOTE]

for all the guys comparing a camaro to a corvette its border line absurd.[/QUOTE]

Why?
Old 04-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #105
Boris632

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post

for all the guys comparing a camaro to a corvette its border line absurd.
if you price it like a corvette it will be compared with a corvette

As for hand built - there is a link in the gen 5 forum about the COPO - watch the first section of that (from horsepowertv) the machines used to help build them by hand speeds up the process quite a bit.

They sold 6000+ in year 1 alone of the LS7. I am not worried about the engine being in short supply