Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 04-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #1303
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
good run PQ congrats. maybe Team LS3 will get it next year

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:04 PM   #1304
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Here's a few pics from the race!

wow... i didn't know they made baby-size race suits!
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:26 AM   #1305
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Yo. We have stopped to get some Zs for the might. Gonna make it another marathon run tomorrow. For anyone who got pissed about the race, I'd just like to ask you to please stay out of this thread. Me and Chris are close friends and this was a fun thing from the beginning. I was also curious as to what my car was capable of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndawg View Post
I wanted to save this for the book, but I'll post it. I think I see a pink tu-tu at the end of the track!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5025/...2d9a01f4_o.jpg

Follow us on Twitter for book updates: http://twitter.com/TheShutterGroup

John
It shows me not staged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
just like i let the LSR Camaro beat me last weekend for their video of performance after mods

for the power Chris is laying down, 12.7 definitely looks like not-pro shifting and probably easing into each gear to keep traction.

a 1.75 60' is pretty good for street tires, and looking at the time slips, it looks like if they were doing a 3/8mi race, GTA would've pulled ahead.

that said, congrats Randy! you shared that Dickel, didn't you?
You are exactly right. Another 1/8th and he'd have got me. He was pulling me in.

And yes, the whiskey was ....... Shared......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
I heard GTA let PQ win
hows that for stirring the pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouseeSS View Post
I'm sure there is going to be a rematch next year and hopefully ls3 won't be so kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edneyens View Post
Dha, do you think so - yes it probably did have a huge impact, however....

The difference goes way beyond the drag radials. I believe it has a lot to do with your competitiveness Randy. You took this seriously and did a lot of right things to impact the outcome. Chris on the other hand appeared more concerned on what he could do and say along the way to get your goat. You deserve this win. Congratulations, enjoy the victory.I guess you can now spend time saying and doing things to get Chris' goat.

One of those of the embarrassed LS3 owners.
I was the smack talker. And Chris was so busy that we almost couldn't get the race in. I pulled a fast one with the tune and DRs. But again, it was only intended as fun. Kinda like tieing your buddies shoes together and running. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Wrong, he never got the tranny tune yet. His car still has the auto set to factory settings. He was afraid of getting the tune before the race do to the reduction of TRQ Management.
Actually the only reason I didn't get the tranny tune is because Owen had to go race before he could do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
No I'm not a true race guy.... and I do now its all about consistency.
That was the whole point of my comment. Forgive me for lack of knowledge, but the way I looked at it, the Auto transmission from a street car is not set up the way an auto from a pro race car is. I would assume that the street car is much more timid and mild mannered than a race car, hence the reason it would be a handicap. As for the driving skill in a stick shift. That comment was all about the consistency you speak of. If you slip just a little on your shift, you lose because you arent as consistent. It is much harder to do the exact same thing each and every time when you have a human shifter, vice a computer controlled auto transmission.

I guess looking back, my comment was entirely too vague. I was looking at it from two DD style street cars, driven by average drivers. I was not factoring in the difference between that and race only cars driven by professional race drivers.

my apologies for assuming.
Your fine. It's all good. No apology needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Curt View Post
The build up was great drama. When they basically threw out the rulebook, I think Chris was trying to give Randy the best chance of wining possible (probably so he wouldn't have to hear a year's worth of 'if only I had used DR's....) and in the end was maybe a bit too sporting but, judging by the posts here, he was as gracious in defeat as Randy was humble in winning and I respect that. I would have loved to be there to see the REAL after race events though! Still, something is missing - we need to see pictures of GTA with the Tom Brady sticker on his car, LOL! I don't know much about drag racing but those times look rather close to me so somehow, I don't think we have heard the last of the LS3 - L99 debate between these two....

At least I hope not!! Go Team LS3!!

Congrats PQ!

Chris knew he'd kill me with my 22s. The difference between the 22s and stocks may be as big as the DRs and stocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Well he wants the guy in Florida to get his idle up because the car wants to die at idle allot. Then he wants to get Ted Jannettys transmission tune. Gets confusing why he just does not let Ted tune the whole car but he keeps saying that a SCT tune can not be as good as a dyno tune. I told him that may be the case but ever since you put your supercharger on and had this guy in Florida tune it, it keeps dying on you. Ted would of had that fixed by now.
Ted is obviously good at what he does but 12.3 is a pretty good run. Ted isn't magic. I have absolute confidence in ARD. My car is a rocket after ARD (Owen) got done with the tranny. And why go with Ted when I can have it done in person? And it dies because of a miss. It's not the tune. Ted can't fix a bad plug or fouled injector with a tune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oSS View Post
guy cheated, i mean borrowing tires ......... act of desperation.

I am glad they had fun, but hey people have fun cheating at poker too.
O
M
G

So did Chris cheat when he bought a blown car? Did I cheat by putting a Maggie on mine? Was it desperation by Chris when he added coilovers? Was I desperate with my coilovers? Doing stuff to make your car faster is what it's all about. Jeez.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
For the race to be fair, both cars should have run the stock 20'' wheels. I'm very confident, PQ would have still won. The L99 A6 is easier to launch off the line, and it holds the stock tires a lot better.

I also can't see someone spending all that time and money to make his car fast, just to run it at the track with 22'' wheels.

PQ did the right thing by getting better wheels and tires. Its unfortunate someone didn't have an extra set of wheels/tires for GTAHVIT to use.
All things being equal, his car has 80 more rwhp than mine. He'd have most likely beat me considering I hooked perfectly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Thanks for keeping us outsiders entertained for the weekend.Safe drive home

Quote:
I think I'm gonna move out of Switzerland to LS3ville
They both cheated, but PQ cheated more. I hear he spiked GTA's water with salt peter saturday morning.

WD40ed his tires during staging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatiaJockey View Post
Congrats PQ!
GTAHVIT you're a class act man, my hats off to ya. Ya'll have a safe trip home.
Thanks. Means a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I think I smell sour grapes...

Quote:
First one is a keeper. Nice meeting you two and visiting with you Bonnie, you 2 are a class act
Thank you. I guess I stole your umbrella.

Quote:
dont need to call the waaabulance your ride has more then enough room to carry people, maybe even few more spare sets of dr's for non shifting/traction controlling l99's =)
You do realize yours has traction control too, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge.128 View Post
good run PQ congrats. maybe Team LS3 will get it next year
Thank you much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
wow... i didn't know they made baby-size race suits!
OMG ........
Old 04-18-2011, 06:04 AM   #1306
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Out of all of PQ's post did you notice that he was only using 7 cylinders most the time even during the race.

I talked to him on the phone yesterday and he did have his car retuned yesterday and the idle problem is the car is firing on 7 cylinders. The guy said it is either a plug, wire, injector or coil. The guy was able to keep his car from dieing at idle now but that is why it has been doing it.

So he even beat Chris with a sick car. Granted the D/R's made a huge difference but having a cylinder down did not help PQ.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:46 AM   #1307
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Here's a few pics from the race!

Attachment 229227

I love this picture. This has been such a fun thread with all the lighthearted witty banter. I'm so impressed that both Chris and Randy put their cars on the line while the rest of us posers yacked on about it. You guys rock!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:50 AM   #1308
n2oSS

Drives: 2010 SS2 Camaro
PQ cheated simply put. PQ you list mods both you guys have(which are the same) yet do not mention tires. Nice 22"s though wheres your chrome 22" sticker on the back window?

And sorry what i said is misleading, i meant to say you can not control traction.

I am glad you guys had fun and this was a buddy buddy race, but it was not a fair mod to mod race. Its true though i knew team edward, i mean team l99 would win this, i mean its only fair since team ls3 gets the zl1.

And Scott your seven cylinders of fame are up, now go let that mustang eat your car for lunch.
Appearance Mods:
AAC Concept Sidemarkers, P13W Plasma LED Bulbs, Iforged Classics 20".
Next Mods:
Cam and Fuel System.
n2oSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:58 AM   #1309
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:09 AM   #1310
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I don't know much about racing but I always heard run what you brung, so How did anyone cheat, LMAO. You guys are killing me with that.

Here's the thing to me if Randy and Chris are good, why are the uproar. If memory serves me correct wasn't it Chris who helped Randy get his S/C running after the whole hose issue, yepper. Give it a rest.

I am just glad that neither wrecked their cars and hopefully they make it home safely.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:17 AM   #1311
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Agreed.....
Old 04-18-2011, 07:21 AM   #1312
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndawg View Post
I wanted to save this for the book, but I'll post it. I think I see a pink tu-tu at the end of the track!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5025/...2d9a01f4_o.jpg

Follow us on Twitter for book updates: http://twitter.com/TheShutterGroup

John
I see the stands were packed for this EPIC EVENT!
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:33 AM   #1313
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Geez,all this build up for weeks they should have known what they needed to race with. If you didn't bring the correct tires tough . Should have ran what they arrived with. L99 would have won cause it doesn't take skill to drive an auto!
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:10 AM   #1314
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Sheesh, tough crowd. Glad you guys kept 'em straight!
Old 04-18-2011, 08:10 AM   #1315
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
PQ cheated simply put. PQ you list mods both you guys have(which are the same) yet do not mention tires. Nice 22"s though wheres your chrome 22" sticker on the back window?

And sorry what i said is misleading, i meant to say you can not control traction.

I am glad you guys had fun and this was a buddy buddy race, but it was not a fair mod to mod race. Its true though i knew team edward, i mean team l99 would win this, i mean its only fair since team ls3 gets the zl1.

And Scott your seven cylinders of fame are up, now go let that mustang eat your car for lunch.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:22 AM   #1316
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
People are showing insecurities like crazy... It wouldn't have even been fun to watch Randy try to get those 22's down the track... I offered my DR's to PQ a long time ago... The race was close, and fun to watch... Hats off to Randy and PQ for building it up, putting on a great show and most of all for being two class acts... It was a huge pleasure meeting you both...

Chris, I've got two extra turbos if you want to compound the boost for next year...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
competition and good buds!, frodo likey, gta cheated, gta is a bully, pink tutu 4 chris, pq cheated, this is a tough thread