Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #43
Bama 2SS/RS

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENSTEVE View Post
I feel the same way . To all who say the color hurts their eyes
Bring it!! LOL. I'm not the one who chose that color, you did.

Nah, I mean, whatever makes you happy, man. As long as you're happy with your ride, that's all that matters. Besides, the color isn't THAT bad. I have to sadly admit that it has kind of caught on with me, just a little bit. I just don't think that any car really looks good in green, and SGM is just a little too loud and out there for me. I got nuthin' but love for you SGM guys, though.

I just know that when I bought my IOM, the dealer had about 15 of the SGMs on the lot, and he was pushing really really hard to put me in one. He said they hadn't sold a single one of the SGMs, and apparently any time they would trade vehicles with another dealer, he said they kept getting the SGMs in return. It was pretty funny, to me. He was pushing the green ones so hard, said he'd even knock another $1k of the price if I'd sign for a green one right then and there. I said, "No thanks, I'll just take this orange one, please."
Bama 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #44
Predator2U

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr damon View Post
i'm just glad i was able to get my SS in synergy green!!!
I too love the SG color and that it was extended as an option on the 2011 2SS... I get more comments on the "awesome custom green paint job" than I do anything else. A few make negative remarks such as; "it is just too bright", but more are pos than neg. Young children especially love the car as do the elderly. The color is the catch factor...
Lime green was my favorite color growing up and I even had my bedroom painted this color (it kept mom out of my room, she said she got nausia from it).
I am glad they discontinued the SGM! Make those who have one "special" (and not the short bus kind of special).

Cheers to SGM owners
Old 06-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #45
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
I can't imagine any other shade of green on the Camaro. It's certainly better than the same colors offered on the Stang or Charger. Same with the IOM. Can't see the SGM on the vert though. I'd like to see picture of that. I'd like to see them bring back ABM with a white interior and top option for the vert.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote