Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #43
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Wow. On this side of the border I'd just assume he liked my car, had time to kill and simply wanted a better look. Sometimes I'm glad I live without the paranoia of a gun loving society.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #44
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
This. There are a lot of dumb people here, but they know that half the state is carrying so they don't really try anything stupid. I never leave the house without a gun. You just never know.
Sorry, but that's just a sh***y way to live.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #45
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Always good to keep your "Escape and Evasion" skills ready. First lesson: When you think that MAYBE you are being followed, make a U-turn somewhere. This will either cause the other vehicle to chicken out and you are gone, gone, gone... or, if he also makes a U-turn, you've got confirmation, and now it's on!............................................... ...... Lot's of ways to lose 'em: High speed is one, if you have the skills, the equipment, and the other guy doesn't. Or, on a highway, position yourself in a left lane, setting it up so that your follower is just left of a big rig in the right lane... when you reach an offramp, cut hard, take an extra lane to get to the offramp, and your tail will be completely blocked by the rig.............................................. Or (this one is hairy, but I did it... and it was highly successful): Find a side street, emptier the better. Come to a stop, then hit reverse. Go around him, and keep hauling ass in reverse... go as far and as fast as you can. Guaranteed, he will not follow you in reverse, but will turn around (takes at least a few seconds) and come towards you. When you see him getting close, stand on your brakes, drop it into to 'drive,' and get around him. You will now have a HUGE lead, as he will need to come to a stop, turn around (best if you can do it on a road narrow enough to require a three- point or more turnaround), and accelerate, while you, in the meantime, are just hauling ass to go disappear into the distance.

This is supposed to be a joke right? Or did you watch too much television as a child?
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #46
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Wow. On this side of the border I'd just assume he liked my car, had time to kill and simply wanted a better look. Sometimes I'm glad I live without the paranoia of a gun loving society.
I agree. If I ever live in an area that I feel the need to carry a gun, I will move! I feel bad for you folks that need to carry a weapon.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #47
WindyCityPilot

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS
Not sure about everyone else but if you have a iPhone, Android, or any other smart phone with web capabilities fire up Google Maps and type in Police and locate the nearest station and drive directly there. No sense in going 120MPH to ditch the guy and then get a ticket and trying to explain yourself to the cop.

That would have been my game plan.
WindyCityPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #48
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Keep your comments to yourself.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #49
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
Florida has a pretty bad violent crime rate in comparison with other states. I'm totally for a concealed weapons permit. I just think that has more to do with the outcome of the attempted crime more than it acts as a detraction. ie. idiot gets blasted instead of taking your car
The crime rate is high but if you look at the demographics of said crimes they are usually among people that would attack each other no matter what or where they are. It's a question of where they are. FL has a lot more inner city areas than say Idaho. I work in an Urban area and I tell you the clientele just rolls that way.

There is a reason I live in the suburbs.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....

Last edited by Firefighter; 04-29-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #50
Firefighter

Quote:
It's a way of life and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I treaty firearm like an American Express... Never leave home without it. I take care of me and mine.

The police most likely won't be there to protect us. They might show up in time to take a police report.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
Old 04-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #51
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
This is supposed to be a joke right? Or did you watch too much television as a child?
And, why is it that being prepared for a situation means that somebody watched too much television as a child... or is joking? Some know how to survive, adapt, and overcome... others will simply stand there picking their noses, and if/ when the moment arises when they WISH they'd had a plan, well, that's when their lack of preparation will shine!
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #52
Firefighter

Quote:
And, why is it that being prepared for a situation means that somebody watched too much television as a child... or is joking? Some know how to survive, adapt, and overcome... others will simply stand there picking their noses, and if/ when the moment arises when they WISH they'd had a plan, well, that's when their lack of preparation will shine!

This...
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #53
TPAJETSKI

Quote:
Please. If you seriously sat around and "devised" these "plans" you have taken paranoia to new heights. Not to mention I don't think some of them are plausible. Sorry if I don't fear being stalked by strangers enough to to take the lessons you learned by watching Knight Rider.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #54
TPAJETSKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
The crime rate is high but if you look at the demographics of said crimes they are usually among people that would attack each other no matter what or where they are. It's a question of where they are. FL has a lot more inner city areas than say Idaho. I work in an Urban area and I tell you the clientele just rolls that way.

There is a reason I live in the suburbs.

You have kind of made my point for me. It doesn't matter so much about the permit. The suburbs are safer because they are...well... the suburbs. That can be said for most areas of the country with or without concealed permits. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the CCP, I just don't think it automatically makes you less likely to be a target of crime.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #55
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
ever thought about joining a militia?
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #56

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
...some of the above tells me why conceal/carry isn't all that common and why it's difficult to get a permit often times....

....A guy is followed (he thinks)...no crime is committed, no-one is harmed...But damn! If only he had a gun, he could have taken a couple of shots at him! Maybe killed him just in case!...lol...Yeah, we need more concealed guns out there...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote