Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
pay_day33

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Inferno Orange
Dealer giving me the runaround?

About 6 months ago I noticed a rustling noise under the passenger side floor when the engine revs to about 4-5k RPMs. After I took it in they fixed it under warranty and said it was a loose check valve. 5 months go by and everything seemed to be working fine. Then I started hearing the exact same sound again sporadically. I decided to take it in again. Now after 5 days in the shop, they are telling me that it is a problem with my exhaust. Of course, my exhaust is the only aftermarket thing on my car and won't be covered under warranty.

After a few searches on C5 I found this post with others having the same problem.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106520

Is it just me or am I getting the runaround from the dealer? I'm not a mechanic by any means, but it doesn't seem like an exhaust issue would cause a noise by the passenger side tire on the inside of the car.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
go to someone else and dont mention that you were there
Old 05-31-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Mine was similar but at lower RPM's and it was my exhust rattling around the factory manifold/stock cat..I replaced with LT Headers so no more rattle

But, they did fix it under warranty FYI. I had a catback as well, but the vibration was at the manifolds/cat no the catback system so they had no choice
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
pay_day33

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Inferno Orange
Yeah, I was thinking of taking it to another dealer. Probably a good idea not to bring up that it has already been in another shop. I wonder if they network things like that and would be able to tell just by inputting the VIN# that it had already been into a dif place.

I'll bring up the manifolds/cat issue too. Thanks for the input guys.

Tags
noise, passenger seat, tsb