Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 11-24-2014, 09:11 AM   #435
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07-SRT View Post
It's already been done.....
Wow! That did not take long. On an IRS! But extreme weight loss. A full weight car would be more impressive. But still cool. Also if that is a stock diff, it can take a beating. Way to go Ford. My stock 1LE diff is apart on my workbench.

Also much more room for big tires. Ford also did their homework.

So if you want to go fast at the drag strip the 2015 Mustang is still the way to go, even more so now.

Last edited by Fraxum; 11-24-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:11 AM   #436
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
It looks like the only change they made to the IRS was 1500HP half shafts, otherwise stock rear end and bushings.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:37 PM   #437
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
It looks like the only change they made to the IRS was 1500HP half shafts, otherwise stock rear end and bushings.
Yes, I go that impression too, pretty awesome. Hopefully Chevy will improve the standard SS diff to keep the next Camaro in the running along with a stronger lower end.

Last edited by Fraxum; 11-24-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:15 PM   #438
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
Nope, never.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:26 PM   #439
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Wow! That did not take long. On an IRS! But extreme weight loss. A full weight car would be more impressive. But still cool. Also if that is a stock diff, it can take a beating. Way to go Ford. My stock 1LE diff is apart on my workbench.

Also much more room for big tires. Ford also did their homework.

So if you want to go fast at the drag strip the 2015 Mustang is still the way to go, even more so now.
I would still say if you want to go fast at the drag strip get a 11-14 Mustang GT automatic. Your going to be able to go just as fast or faster than the new Mustang for less money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
They were forced to change those out because they broke a axle on the cars 4th ever pass when it was still a bolt on car.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:21 AM   #440
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
What I really don't get is why the hell is Ford giving the SAME front fascia to almost ALL its cars?
I mean, mustang, fusion, focus, fiesta, vignale, even Torneo or Transit do have almost the same eyes and mouth than the Mustang!!

What's the point? Make people driving a fiesta think they own a Mustang? Or make people owning a mustang think they own a fiesta?

I really do get why from top of the line to worst little thing, ford is giving the same face ...

Weird .. and ugly
Old 11-25-2014, 05:47 AM   #441
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
It's not all that different from what BMW has been doing . . . for decades. To the extent that it makes Ford's cars immediately recognizable as Fords and not confused with, say, Hondas or Toyotas, it's a good thing. As for the shapes chosen, that's certainly going to be a "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" kind of thing at least in the beginning.

But I see your point and think that Ford should have at least tweaked the proportions a bit more from car to car.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:59 AM   #442
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
I would still say if you want to go fast at the drag strip get a 11-14 Mustang GT automatic. Your going to be able to go just as fast or faster than the new Mustang for less money.
I guess I was looking at how much more FI Power the new 5.0 can hold.

But your mustang formula is so true. My friends 5.0 auto with only 8 pounds on a Paxton and MT DRs otherwise pretty much stock, ran a 10.75 a couple of weeks ago. Now my friend is bored with running 10s.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:33 AM   #443
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
I guess I was looking at how much more FI Power the new 5.0 can hold.

But your mustang formula is so true. My friends 5.0 auto with only 8 pounds on a Paxton and MT DRs otherwise pretty much stock, ran a 10.75 a couple of weeks ago. Now my friend is bored with running 10s.
9's or 8's with Hellions Twin Turbo setup are achievable.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:28 PM   #444
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
It's not all that different from what BMW has been doing . . . for decades. To the extent that it makes Ford's cars immediately recognizable as Fords and not confused with, say, Hondas or Toyotas, it's a good thing. As for the shapes chosen, that's certainly going to be a "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" kind of thing at least in the beginning.

But I see your point and think that Ford should have at least tweaked the proportions a bit more from car to car.

Norm
With you on BMW. However, BMW doesn't do vans or cheap cars (no offense to Ford for the "cheap", Chevy also does some pretty "cheap" cars like the spark and all ...).

Each one his taste, still the mustang is facing this "fusion" criticism from the very first day ... and honestly, if the fusion can look pretty good for a middle level family car, I'm not sure it does well on a muscle one ...
Old 11-25-2014, 03:32 PM   #445
Fraxum

More news on the new Mustangs:

Ford Ecoboost in the 11s with not much more than a tune and tires:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...Mustang-today!

And some of the new 2015s are catching on fire:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...aught-on-fire!
Old 11-25-2014, 04:51 PM   #446
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Here we go again. I'm still confused

Quote:
More news on the new Mustangs:

Ford Ecoboost in the 11s with not much more than a tune and tires:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...Mustang-today!

And some of the new 2015s are catching on fire:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...aught-on-fire!

I continue to see in this post and others where everyone seems to say that the Mustang, new or older is faster than the Camaro. Now even the new 2015 which by all the things I've read is now about the same weight as our Camaro is still faster.

If that's all true is it because the Coyote engine just puts out more when modified, and if thats true what possible answer is there for the 2016 Camaro?
What engine does GM have in it's stable that will allow us to compete?

Jim
Old 11-25-2014, 05:15 PM   #447
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
It's pretty hard to beat a auto on the drag strip, and the s550 got 435hp with no bolt on's. The auto Camaro with only 400hp has a lot to make up. The ls3 against the s550 is close, but still lacks 10 hp and 100lbs weight. I hope the gen 6 Camaro will have the same hp in both auto and manual.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:39 PM   #448
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
What I really don't get is why the hell is Ford giving the SAME front fascia to almost ALL its cars?
I mean, mustang, fusion, focus, fiesta, vignale, even Torneo or Transit do have almost the same eyes and mouth than the Mustang!!

What's the point? Make people driving a fiesta think they own a Mustang? Or make people owning a mustang think they own a fiesta?

I really do get why from top of the line to worst little thing, ford is giving the same face ...

Weird .. and ugly
Ford feels the mustang's will sell regardless , so they went the cheap route by not needing to spend on a different front!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post

Norm
Yea , but isn't the muscle car supposed to have a muscle car look and supposed to stand out from all the other cars ! Muscle car with the same front as a van is unheard of and ridiculous! And this is horrible if ford have to put the same front on all of their cars just to know it's a Ford! But hey , more props to Ford for doing it!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote