Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 11-10-2011, 09:56 PM   #1
hiiisteph

Drives: 2010 Cyber Gray SS
Question guys, new to FL

I just recently got my Camaro a little over a month ago. Back home dealerships had amazing ratings in their service departments. I can't find a single Chevy dealer here in South Florida with good reviews!

Where do ya'll go for oil changes and routine maintenance that is trustworthy?

(Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this)
and thanks!
hiiisteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
CamaroV6
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6 1LT Manual
i use the one i purchased mine from down hear in Miami there pretty good they offer service's to take me back to my house when the car is getting oil changed then pick me back up....but i see you live in west palm beach that a long drive for service lol.
CamaroV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
FLRS

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiiisteph View Post
I just recently got my Camaro a little over a month ago. Back home dealerships had amazing ratings in their service departments. I can't find a single Chevy dealer here in South Florida with good reviews!

Where do ya'll go for oil changes and routine maintenance that is trustworthy?

(Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this)
and thanks!
Roger Dean on Okeechobee. One of our members is a tech there.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
I got my car from Becky in Detroit, so I can't help you there. I sympathize with your plight, which is exactly why I didn't purchase my Camaro from down here either. For services, I'd probably give my business to a private establishment before going to a dealer. As for oil changes, I do those myself and keep records.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
hiiisteph

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLRS View Post
Roger Dean on Okeechobee. One of our members is a tech there.
Roger Dean could be a possibility, the reviews are just terrible. And most dealerships here are far from trustworthy. Maybe I could look into that.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
hiiisteph

Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
I got my car from Becky in Detroit, so I can't help you there. I sympathize with your plight, which is exactly why I didn't purchase my Camaro from down here either. For services, I'd probably give my business to a private establishment before going to a dealer. As for oil changes, I do those myself and keep records.
Maybe I'll ask around with some people I know here and try to find a good shop. I would change my oil myself if I knew how and/or had the time... Getting this car is a complete learning experience for me and part of me isn't really comfortable attempting these things on my own haha.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #7
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Changing oil is easy, it's the other experiences that are tough. :P

All you do is lift the car up, unscrew the oil plug bolt and let it drain into a bucket, unscrew the oil filter and let that drain, screw in the new filter, screw the oil plug back in and then fill the engine with the correct oil. (Mobil 1 5W-30 synthetic - the original formula in the silver bottle is fine) and you want a Mobil-1 M-113 Oil Filter. All of this and more can be found at Autozone. Never hurts getting to know your car a little more either.

In the meantime, yeah, I'd definitely call around for some reputable businesses in the private sector. Just remember, just because a place has bad reviews doesn't mean it is bad. Most people who have good experiences with a business never bother leaving a review because they don't see any reason to.

Let us know how it goes, and make sure to check out South Florida's local Camaro clubs (there's a thread at the top of the Florida region page) if you really want to take your interest in your Camaro to the next level.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
FLRS

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
hiiisteph,

Some of the TCC5 club is meeting at Suburban Chevrolet in Stuart next Wednesday @ 5 PM for the Chevrolet 100 year anniversary. You're welcome to join us and at the same time you can check out their service department.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #9
hiiisteph

Thanks guys!
Old 11-14-2011, 10:22 PM   #10
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiiisteph View Post
Roger Dean could be a possibility, the reviews are just terrible. And most dealerships here are far from trustworthy. Maybe I could look into that.
Ask for "Jim"... like FLRS said, he's a club member, he'll take care of you and treat your car like his own!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:17 AM   #11
hiiisteph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Ask for "Jim"... like FLRS said, he's a club member, he'll take care of you and treat your car like his own!

Thanks a bunch!
Old 11-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #12
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Welcome!