Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
47AJV8

Drives: A White Car
Hellion Turbo Kit?

I was wondering if anybody here had any experience with this kit, or just Hellion in general? It seems like you could make 700hp not too hard if you went with billet and ball bearing upgrades, anyone want to chime in if I'm on the right track?

kit: http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/i...bo-systems/172
Old 03-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #2
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Hellion is decent. No experience with that kit but some of the other kits are ok. I think there are much better options in the camaro market for TT kits than this one thought. IPS, Grantelli, AGP, etc.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #3
47AJV8

Okay, thanks for the tip
Old 03-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I'll weigh in...

I have recommended the Hellion kit to several others, and none of them complained... The kits are quite similar other than the additional inlet piping for the Granatelli kit to move the air fliters forward...

About the only original part of my kit remaining is the intercooler, and we have been eyeballing that...

George at TTI is jam-up... very good guy and a great fabricator... If you can buy a kit directly from him, cool, if not, well... good luck...

I purchased the Granatelli kit and I had to BUY two new turbos after one week of driving... No warranty offer, no here, take these and let us make it right... nope, I had to BUY them...

I can live with that but when my wife didn't bat an eye and asked if he would take a check, and he stated, "no, I prefer plastic," It took every bit of self control to not drop him right there in the parking lot at the Fest II in Phoenix... There were literally dozens of witnesses...

I know of several people that have purchased from Hellion and they reported great support, before, during and after the sale...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
Twin2010

Drives: 2010 twin turbo ss
I have a twin hellion kit on my car with the ball bearing upgrade. The quality of their product is top notch. Everything is a tight fit on these new cars and their kit fits awesome. It is a very nice kit and I would recommend it to anyone looking. I have has two idiots that had tuned it but I am finally on the right track now and I am very happy with it. Absolutely no turbo lag. It's a blast.
Twin2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
47AJV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I'll weigh in...

I have recommended the Hellion kit to several others, and none of them complained... The kits are quite similar other than the additional inlet piping for the Granatelli kit to move the air fliters forward...

About the only original part of my kit remaining is the intercooler, and we have been eyeballing that...

George at TTI is jam-up... very good guy and a great fabricator... If you can buy a kit directly from him, cool, if not, well... good luck...

I purchased the Granatelli kit and I had to BUY two new turbos after one week of driving... No warranty offer, no here, take these and let us make it right... nope, I had to BUY them...

I can live with that but when my wife didn't bat an eye and asked if he would take a check, and he stated, "no, I prefer plastic," It took every bit of self control to not drop him right there in the parking lot at the Fest II in Phoenix... There were literally dozens of witnesses...

I know of several people that have purchased from Hellion and they reported great support, before, during and after the sale...
Thanks for the heads up, I won't be buying that kit!
Old 03-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
47AJV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin2010 View Post
I have a twin hellion kit on my car with the ball bearing upgrade. The quality of their product is top notch. Everything is a tight fit on these new cars and their kit fits awesome. It is a very nice kit and I would recommend it to anyone looking. I have has two idiots that had tuned it but I am finally on the right track now and I am very happy with it. Absolutely no turbo lag. It's a blast.
That's good to know, thanks, have you gotten dyno numbers recently?
Old 03-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #8
Medi0cr3
Untamed Performance EPT

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrigdan View Post
That's good to know, thanks, have you gotten dyno numbers recently?

What he said
Hurst Short-Shifter; Ideal Garage Master Cylinder
H-E Street Slayer Twin Billet Clutch
BMR: Adjustable; Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Extreme Sway Bar. BMR Subframe Bushings.
Strange Rear Coilovers and mounts
Tuned by Rhino79

Medi0cr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #9
Twin2010

Drives: 2010 twin turbo ss
Havent got dyno numbers recently. We have been doing street tunes. I guarantee you will not be disappointed if you buy this kit. It is very nice.
Twin2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #10
Blk_SS

Drives: black on black 2SS/RS
hellion is a great kit i order my about 2 years ago, the kit is a direct bolt on no cutting or anything( i installed the kit in my garage it was that simple), i only have small issue with the kit but when i call jeff he replace the parts for me and didnt even charge me for it, they have great customer service i will keep doing business with them
Blk_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #11
Blk_SS

Drives: black on black 2SS/RS
i made 565rwhp on only 5lbs of boost this kit guarantee 200hp gain and with only 5lbs it already did
Blk_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:13 AM   #12
Diggy

Drives: 2010 ss Camaro
Anybody in Jacksonville fla with twins from hellion
Diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #13
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
Anybody in Jacksonville fla with twins from hellion