Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Deutschland

Old 07-04-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
Scheil

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM w\ Silver Stripes
? for you guys over there

Hey guys I might be getting stationed there soon what did you have to modify on your car to make it legal?
Old 07-08-2010, 06:16 AM   #2
SwedishMeatballs

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
It's the same for all of the European Union countries really. Your average mods are mph to kph speedometre, turn signal mod (side mounted + orange rear) and possibly fog lights. That's pretty much it, unless you've done some engine mods that messed up the CO2 emissions.
SwedishMeatballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:54 AM   #3
djamphi555

Drives: Camaro 2010
If you are in the military and get your Camaro registered through USAREUR, you will not need to do any modifications at all. US Armed Forces personell are exempt from German specs. You will even get the Green sticker without having to go through an emissions test. So if you plan on taking it on the Autobahn, get all your mods while still in the US. It will be cheaper, because you will save on the shipping. However, keeping it stock, you will still be the baddest on the road, except for BMW, Mercedes and Porsche big boys.
Also, you can switch your onboard computer over to KM/H, and have the digital read-out on. It is kinda funny when you are driving over 180Km/H because the analog speedometer only goes to 180, so the needle is all the way slammed to the right.
djamphi555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:17 AM   #4
PCOLASHAN

Drives: 2SS
I just got mine here too Stuttgart 3 days ago and it was easy as can be. Any guys in the area that want to link up shoot me a pm!
PCOLASHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:13 AM   #5
Phase V
Summer

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM w/ Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to Phase V Send a message via Yahoo to Phase V Send a message via Skype™ to Phase V
I just found out I will be getting stationed in Wiesbaden next year around June. Perfect timing for shows!

Restoring or need parts for a Chevy. Look no further than Don's East Coast Restorations
Phase V is offline   Reply With Quote