Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 08-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
Allanski

Drives: Car
new 2014 with tan top

saw this auto hauler full of camaros this morning, last pic has a tan top!
Name:  P1260642.JPG
Views: 1930
Size:  162.0 KB

Name:  P1260643.JPG
Views: 1733
Size:  159.0 KB

Name:  P1260644.JPG
Views: 1947
Size:  166.0 KB
Allanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
what do you all think of the tan? i am looking at new camaro, if i order one, a vert, would consider the beige top. i like black and the blue with it. what are your opinions? will it show more scuff marks, cooler in hot weather, etc? i may still go with a coupe too, but black seems to be dominant in both coupe and verts. thanks
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #3
Jfoster

Drives: 2016 GT vert.
I prefer black, but if the wife wanted tan I like the black and tan best.
Jfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
haynes

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2 SS convertible
I ordered black with cyrstal red tintcoat
haynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
I have a tan top with the tan leather interior! Love it! Just note that black stripes/wheels/accents are a little hard to consider as mods when you don't have a black top.
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #6
lobobuzz

Drives: Camaro SS Convert
Tan looks good, but prefer the black top.
lobobuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
That looks like the first picture of Red Hot! Thanks for posting.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #8
kevinw

snaphappy. does the tan show scuff marks, etc? more dirt? i just dont see many tan tops, and i would like something that not everybody else has.
thanks
Old 08-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #9
snaphappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
snaphappy. does the tan show scuff marks, etc? more dirt? i just dont see many tan tops, and i would like something that not everybody else has.
thanks
First I'm going to respond, then I'll put up some pics.

Tops on this forum are attacked constantly. Seriously. People actually trade in these cars because they can't stand rub marks and stuff. I could care less. I had 06 stang vert prior to this with a canvas black top. That thing sucked. It was noisy. It leaked. The convertible motor sounded like it was going to die haha.

My top looks luxurious by comparison. It feels marvelous to the touch. It's extremely quiet, has never leaked, I just love it.

I get complimented on my car daily. People always ask me what kind of car is that? No one ever comments on the "ribs" and rub marks. They don't see that. Neither do I.

My top has been snowed on. Driven through a blizzard. Rained on constantly. And it goes through an EVIL carwash about once a week. One day there was the biggest bird crap on my top and I was sure it was going to stain the tan top. Nope. You can't even tell where it was. I have never treated the top. I've never once used the tonneau cover, or however you spell that. I leave it down for days, sometimes as long as a week. And I have about 28,000 miles on it now.

The funny thing is, I know two people that have a victory red and an orange, both with black tops. They tell me every time I see them that they wished they had known a tan top was available. They say my car reminds them of a Ferrari with the victory red and tan top. I always tell them that black tops rock because then you can get black wheels and stripes

Anyway, throw everything I said out the window, because when I post the pics, everyone is going to freak out, I just know it! I hope not. But this subject is really touchy around here
Old 08-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #10
snaphappy

I had to put the top up to take pics of it All these "marks" you're looking at aren't dirt. They're more like creases in a pair of kakis. There is a mark above the drivers door, I think it's the last pic, that one kinda looks like dirt, but the whole car is dirty right now. So it will probably clean out fine. So ultimately, to answer your question, no the top doesn't show dirt or filth at all.
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #11
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
While I respect your opinion about the tops, you should know my first 2012 had holes in it at 1300 miles. Top was replaced then I had a flood. Had this car on the road for less than three months. It was stored from November 2011 till I got my buyback and new car in April 2012. Total time out of service was 101 days. Needless to say it really soured me on my Camaro experience. My current Camaro 1SS CRT Vert has had 11,000 trouble free miles. I am still a little worried about what might happen. But if it does it does. My previous 95 Firebird Vert's top still looked like new when I sold it in May of 2011. Hence another reason why I was pissed that my new $40,000 cars top crapped out among about 10 other problems with it that could not get fixed.

p.s. I should also add that I could of taken my money and run to a competitor, but I believe in giving second chances. GM got that second chance to make it right.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #12
kevinw

snaphappy. do those creases eventually disappear?
also, is the top more white or tan. the pics show two differnt colors.
i hate buying a tan vert top, sight un seen. you have tan interior then? thans
Old 09-14-2013, 06:05 AM   #13
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaphappy View Post
I had to put the top up to take pics of it All these "marks" you're looking at aren't dirt. They're more like creases in a pair of kakis. There is a mark above the drivers door, I think it's the last pic, that one kinda looks like dirt, but the whole car is dirty right now. So it will probably clean out fine. So ultimately, to answer your question, no the top doesn't show dirt or filth at all.
I've had both and the tan shop shows dirt much more than the black one does.

snaphappy - your last picture is the classic rub marks from the bad design on the early convertibles. My tan top did the exact same thing. Long story short, GM bought it back and I now have a black top.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #14
Oldag

Drives: 2013 2SS Convertible, LS3
Have beige top over BRM, with beige interior. Like the look of the black, but just too dang hot for Texas.

Have gotten several compliments. Beige tops are pretty rare.
Oldag is offline   Reply With Quote