Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-14-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
WildWes

Drives: 1SS Rally Yellow/black stripes
Production Woes

Hey everyone,

I'm new to Camaro5, so I apologize in advance if this has been asked before....

Can someone explain to me (like I'm a 6 year old ) the reason why there are individuals who are still waiting for their Camaro's (ordered as long ago as January)....and why there are some lucky people that placed their orders in say April or May that already have their Camaro's in their garages.

What happened to first come, first serve?? I'm sure there is a logical reason, I'm just uninformed.

PS Love this site... Well done!!

1100 (06/15/2009)

Waiting on a 1SS Rally Yellow/BLK stripes/6SP/20" Polished Aluminum's
WildWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:00 PM   #2
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
its hard to say really..but most of it seems to deal with allocation. some dealers just dont have to availability, and they have say 30 or 40 orders to fill.
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Alot of us have been asking that same question for months, no real reasons... welcome to the site.
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:01 PM   #4
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Search allocation and see how many topics you get. It's been covered so much we want to puke.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #5
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
Search allocation and see how many topics you get. It's been covered so much we want to puke.

and to be clear it was this site that taught me how to play the allocation game therefore i have a car while some of the very good people on this site do not. i feel bad for most of them some ordered last October and still are without their cars and thats GM not thinking though the allotment system R6P should have been built first but thats not my call

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:09 PM   #6
WildWes

Thanks superman, I will look up allocation. You are a perfect example of my point...I noticed you ordered your Camaro all the way back in February.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #7
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWes View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm new to Camaro5, so I apologize in advance if this has been asked before....

Can someone explain to me (like I'm a 6 year old ) the reason why there are individuals who are still waiting for their Camaro's (ordered as long ago as January)....and why there are some lucky people that placed their orders in say April or May that already have their Camaro's in their garages.

What happened to first come, first serve?? I'm sure there is a logical reason, I'm just uninformed.

PS Love this site... Well done!!

1100 (06/15/2009)

Waiting on a 1SS Rally Yellow/BLK stripes/6SP/20" Polished Aluminum's

Here is a good one to read through. In the end it comes down to an open allocation that is actually available right then to be entered in the system on each Thursday...The key here is open allocation and honest knowledgeable dealer...these words are seldom mentioned together but there are some great ones out there.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32008
Old 07-14-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Yep i get a fancy r6p code for early order activity and I get a vin around 30000 probably. Only thing that saves me from going insane is hopefully longer I wait the less problems my car will have and when it's all said and done it will be worth it.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #9
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Momma always said........ if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

Daddy always said........... a squeeky wheel gets a greasing.

Well, I won't say anything about GM's allocation and distribution system but does anyone know their address so that I can send them a very large drum of grease?

Old 07-14-2009, 09:27 PM   #10
56chevyfan

Drives: 56 chevy 210 , 56 4dr bel air
ordered jan 5 - delivered june 18 - drove it out of dealer june 19 - i was the first ss sold at my dealer - they recieved a silver v6 about 3 weeks prior - good luck with yours
56chevyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:38 PM   #11
WildWes

Thanks DCJ and 56Chevyfan.

I read the thread you recommended DCJ, I'm beginning to think my dealer lied to me to get my business as I was pitting him against another dealership...the one I went through swore to me that he had available allocations and I even had to pay a $1000 deposit. I'm 4 weeks into this and I'm still stuck on 1100.

56chevyfan, You have amazing patience....to wait 6 months is amazing, every time I see a Camaro on the road now, I want to go slap my dealer in the back of the head.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:44 PM   #12
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWes View Post
Thanks DCJ and 56Chevyfan.

I read the thread you recommended DCJ, I'm beginning to think my dealer lied to me to get my business as I was pitting him against another dealership...the one I went through swore to me that he had available allocations and I even had to pay a $1000 deposit. I'm 4 weeks into this and I'm still stuck on 1100.

56chevyfan, You have amazing patience....to wait 6 months is amazing, every time I see a Camaro on the road now, I want to go slap my dealer in the back of the head.

ROFLMAO.......... I have been waiting since October of last year and STILL don't have my Camaro. That's 9 months in case your counting. My wife is more efficient at making babies.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:47 PM   #13
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
While it's true Gm's allocation system screwed a lot of us *cough*, it was different for every situation.

We only have two Chevy dealers left in a city of almost 1 million. Between them they were allocated just over 60 cars. There just weren't enough available to major markets, therefore someone from a smaller market was able to get a low allocation spot and get it delivered quicker.

Although I was #2 at my dealer, my car being CGM pushed me back closer to #6, add in the fact that my first order spent 22 days in QC missing the RS package. After my re-order I was fast-tracked... 21 days from the time they submitted til I went 3800... tomorrow will be my car's 21st day in QC this go-around.
Here I am approaching 9 months, no car, my Evo about to drive off with it's new owner. I have lost all my hair, and have had 8 "minor" strokes All in all it has been a long 9 months... but the car will be worth it.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #14
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
allocation is only half of it. There are people who hit 3000 status after me, or on the same day, and they have earlier TPWs than i. There is even one guy who has already received his.