Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-29-2011, 02:34 AM   #1
RetroXI
ME9ATRN

Drives: 2011 White 2SS/RS
Scraped my RIM -__-

So as I'm making a left to leave school, i noticed this white c class just hauling ass in the lane across from me trying to make a left into the parking structure. Common sense tells me, uh oh i need to speed up and turn faster because its a tight turn that you need to hit perfect so you won't go in the other lane (the one i was in to leave) so as I'm turning, i veer to the left a tad bit more to avoid getting hit head on as she made her turn and i heave a SCRAPPPPEE on my back tire...i get out, look, and this is what i see (thank you oddly placed curb for being right there).... , so my question is, should i have it fixed/replaced, or just go on and have them powder coated black how i had planned on doing so?
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beescuz View Post
My son is in 4th grade and every night he has to read for 20mins. He reads aloud to me Camaro 5, Camaro Performance, Motortrend, RC cars, and etc ever night.
RetroXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:40 AM   #2
Kycamaross
RED JEWEL inthe BLUEGRASS

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 01 S-10 Xtreme
First off, OUCH. Second off, if your going to get them powder coated, why pay to have them replaced. A good powder coater would be able to smooth that out!!!

Good luck to you...(Oh, and how many curse words did you use toward the C class driver?) ha ha
Old 09-29-2011, 02:43 AM   #3
RetroXI
ME9ATRN

i got out and showed her...remember I'm a college student, she only had her license for a good month...she begged and pleaded i didn't charge her for it which i couldn't have but to see a kid be that nervous brought memories back to my 1st accident, so i left it alone due to me wanting to get them powder coated, its just making the process go by even faster.
Quote:
My son is in 4th grade and every night he has to read for 20mins. He reads aloud to me Camaro 5, Camaro Performance, Motortrend, RC cars, and etc ever night.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:45 AM   #4
Kycamaross
RED JEWEL inthe BLUEGRASS

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 01 S-10 Xtreme
You my friend are a good person!!! Look on the upside....you got your excuse to powder coat earlier now!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 02:50 AM   #5
RetroXI
ME9ATRN

thank you sir, haha, i try, but now I'm on the hunt for where i can take them to get powder coated in Los Angeles :(
Quote:
Old 09-29-2011, 06:14 AM   #6
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Looks like my stock 20'' i will have to get them fixed mine are as bad if not worse then yours. And its both rims on the pass side

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #7
Transformed
Roxy

Drives: 2012 Red Camaro 2SS RS
Did pretty much the same thing to mine - ugh - made me sick. I called Alloy Wheel Repair and they charge $100 - said it will look perfect when done. I haven't done it yet but that's an option for you.
Transformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:59 PM   #8
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
let me tell you, these stock rims are really hard to keep spotless. I believe pot holes here in the north east are my biggest enemy. extremely careful and I still get some rash no matter how hard I try to avoid it. luckily you can find OEM sets on here that are very inexpensive and that is probably the way I will go again in a year or two.

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:22 PM   #9
TJ's MARO

Drives: Fully Loaded Black on Black 2LT/RS
OP i did the same thing i dont know how to fix it

TJ's MARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:18 AM   #10
RetroXI
ME9ATRN

I'm getting them powder coated! i called and the coater said he would sand it down and it remove the rash, so I'm happy about that
Quote:
Old 10-03-2011, 09:09 AM   #11
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroXI View Post
thank you sir, haha, i try, but now I'm on the hunt for where i can take them to get powder coated in Los Angeles :(
Easy fix, prior to powder coating, you get some liquid to metal bondo (made for wheels its like 7$ at Autozone)..Rub it on (wear a glove) and smooth it out, then sand down the excess...your are powdercoating anyway but that will give a new smooth surface. Had to do it to one of mine and it came out flawaless, there is not even a hint that the rim was ever scuffed prior to Powdercoating.
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #12
ammo

Drives: 2011 SS/RS LS3 SW
The wife did the same thing at the bank on Saturday.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #13
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
sounds suspicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammo View Post
The wife did the same thing at the bank on Saturday.
Your not going to believe this but I curbed mine at the bank Saturday trying to get by a dually pickup that was parked over the line .Soon as I felt it I threw the wheel and saved further damage.But oh did it hurt.First damage or ding that I have experienced and boy does it really hurt.So I feel for you.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #14
PETRA
My Addiction

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS DropTop
I did mine at the f'n grocery store. Was I some kind of pissed! But no one has noticed it but me so no rush to fix it just yet.
You sound like my wife...at first she was.........but after a few rides in it and seeing me giggle lik a schoolgirl she was more like ............but then when I told her we could get her Vert lowered to match my stance she was like so it all worked out.
PETRA is offline   Reply With Quote