Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 10-12-2009, 08:55 PM   #155
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
It seems we have a grudge match growing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Still gotta get around to getting a full face helmet. Gonna race Christine on the strip and on the road course.

No, I'm not kidding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
LOl it would be a good race between you and Xanthos
Quote:
He's still gotta show, though. Last I heard he wasn't 100% sure he'd make it. I'm 98% sure I'd make it.

If I can't get a job off the bat after AP testing (which is what it's looking like) I'm going back to to work with my dad so I probably would get the time off for a few days to go down and back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
We finally get to meet Christine
Quote:
And all 45% new parts.. <_<
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
Picked up a helmet today Zabo. Your ass is GOING DOWN!
- X
Quote:
what are u driving again? this is going to be the best race
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Z/28 View Post
wooooo hooooo grudge racing
Quote:
A 2003 Hyundai Accent.

Vroom Vroom, baby. Vroom Vroom.
- X
Quote:
so the Maxima versus...the Explorer..what year is the explorer?
Quote:

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4. Shift on the fly capable.
4.0L Cologne V6/5R55E Bordeux A5: 210hp/245lbft.

Similar setup to a 2009 V6 Mustang but the 'Stang uses a 5R55N (different gearing). I'm not joking either. Actually, I'm sure the 2010 Stang is the same. I find this hilarious.. I'm driving a 4x4 4200lb Mustang with a mile high CG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
wha??
Quote:
If you run it in 4wd that would be awesome...that maxima is going to be in trouble..lol
Quote:
4wd? You should see the crap I pull in 2wd. Remember, I've put this truck on 2 wheels.. (allegedly..)

And Justin, it's all true. Ford part-binned the current Mustang and my Explorer's power-trains from the same bin. XD
Quote:
For those bench racing over there (I see you. Yeah, you know who you are) the hyundai is an M5.

Gearing for each gear (total including the differential gear) is 15.53 - 9.32 - 5.83 - 4.66 - 3.32
- X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
You need a custom hood scoop for extra power.

You can fabricate one pretty easy from a 9" x 12" cake pan.

Cut one end off the cake pan

Turn it upside down and place it on the hood on the hood prefereably close to center.

Trace an outline of the cake pan.

Cut a hole in the hood to match.

Use self tapping sheet metal screws to screw the cake pan...oooooops..hood scoop to your hood.

Parts:

1 Cake pan

12 self tapping sheet metal screws

Tools:

Saw

Screw driver

The performance improvement will be massive. But don't let a dyno result fool you just because it's the same before and after. It takes the air going at 88 mph to create the giant boost in power and most dynos can't provide that fresh air induction at 88 mph.

Of course this is all predicated on your ability to get your Hyundai up to 88 mph.................

Oh and make sure the open end of the cake pan..........ooooops I mean hood scoop........ is facing the front of the car. It's not a Trans Am.
It's on like Donkey Kong..
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #156
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Out of all the Camaro's I think this will be the most anticipated race...lol
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #157
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
SWEET
LOL - nice one Windy!!

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:14 PM   #158
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Quote:
My daughter will be the one who takes on all mustangs who challenge me so..if she wins not only will they have gotten beat by a Chevy...but by a teenage girl....lol..I wouldnt put her up against any forum members racing except for myself. I could not imagine the ragging that someone on the boards would take if she beats them. ( I love seeing my princess do a burnout..when the car kicks out a bit and she just rides it right on out)
no way ill race her..shell destroy me, but ill take one for the team to give her some bragging rights..its good to give a girl the same chance as a boy..i have a little 2 year old daughter and i guarantee shell be a lady but wont ever let a man best her if she can help it..i put on a werewolf mask the other day and at 2 years old i was expecting to scare her till she ran..i jumped out "RAWR!!!!" instead of running she ran over to her plastic sword and ran at me swinging her sword at my balls and with a "HI YAH!!!" floored me..never hold back a girl especially if she can put some of these "all mightys" on this forum in their place..it would be an honor to be beaten by such a young female car enthusiest..save a run for me and her..i have a 6 hopefully turbo'd or supercharged by then so ill hold my own hopefully, if not shell dominate me and well both enjoy it anyway. dont hold her back..LOL..unchain the princess and let her run with it.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:18 PM   #159
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
no way ill race her..shell destroy me, but ill take one for the team to give her some bragging rights..its good to give a girl the same chance as a boy..i have a little 2 year old daughter and i guarantee shell be a lady but wont ever let a man best her if she can help it..i put on a werewolf mask the other day and at 2 years old i was expecting to scare her till she ran..i jumped out "RAWR!!!!" instead of running she ran over to her plastic sword and ran at me swinging her sword at my balls and with a "HI YAH!!!" floored me..never hold back a girl especially if she can put some of these "all mightys" on this forum in their place..it would be an honor to be beaten by such a young female car enthusiest..save a run for me and her..i have a 6 hopefully turbo'd or supercharged by then so ill hold my own hopefully, if not shell dominate me and well both enjoy it anyway. dont hold her back..LOL..unchain the princess and let her run with it.
lol..she grew up racing jr dragster since she was 10..if the car could take it she would run all day..she's a tom boy but yet a girly girl...lmao
Old 10-12-2009, 11:22 PM   #160
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmack2k7 View Post
this even is growing pretty fast. anyone down to do a meet and greet in NC and then drive down in a convoy?
well what i did for the MTI meet was to get all 100% of attending drivers whether from north south east or west to meet up about a half hours drive from the event and all drive together..that was one of the biggest highlights of the day..so ill try and put together another one for the day of the main event for all of us to meet up and take pics as well as hang out and all drive a half hour or so again..that is if you guys would like to do something like that..by the time the event month comes im sure that this event will have more than three times the amount of camaro drivers attending..we had 46 at the meet and greet out of 72 attending..so that was a pretty big meet and drive..anyway this will be an outstanding time..helmets are dirt cheap, i got a very VERY nice helmet which is very comfortable too for under $300, ill bring my back up as well, and anyone can use either one as long as it is returned promptly. im hoping to have everything done by then to my car. but with any car enthusiast im sure ill never be done.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:26 PM   #161
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
lol..she grew up racing jr dragster since she was 10..if the car could take it she would run all day..she's a tom boy but yet a girly girl...lmao
awesome..im just driving a 6 but if she needs anyone at all to race ill be up for it..if for anything to post some good times of my own..ill take her beating but to give to myself ill try and post a great time since i know ill never catch her in a straight shot..but if we get into some curves like at the little talley' then she may have a fight on her hands..LOL..but dont tell her i have a 6 so shell think shes just straight beating me.i wont "let" her win but i wont have a choice against the high end V8 you have..but she dont have to know..LOL..anything for a daddys girl..LOL..i know i spoil mine..like i said shes 2 and if you ask "wheres daddies race car?" shell run up and kiss my camaro..best paint mod i ever got.lol.but she loves to drive it around our little housing community, until i open the sun roof then she wants to stand out of it..but until then shes all about driving..LOL..especially my four wheeler..LOL.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #162
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
awesome..im just driving a 6 but if she needs anyone at all to race ill be up for it..if for anything to post some good times of my own..ill take her beating but to give to myself ill try and post a great time since i know ill never catch her in a straight shot..but if we get into some curves like at the little talley' then she may have a fight on her hands..LOL..but dont tell her i have a 6 so shell think shes just straight beating me.i wont "let" her win but i wont have a choice against the high end V8 you have..but she dont have to know..LOL..anything for a daddys girl..LOL..i know i spoil mine..like i said shes 2 and if you ask "wheres daddies race car?" shell run up and kiss my camaro..best paint mod i ever got.lol.but she loves to drive it around our little housing community, until i open the sun roof then she wants to stand out of it..but until then shes all about driving..LOL..especially my four wheeler..LOL.
She just does the 1320 and is serious about it..I wont let her race unless it's some real serious competition..no play races..lol...she's the only person i have ever let take my built cars down the track...she has 2 little brothers also..but they arent old enough to race yet..lol....kids are awesome..she will be shipping off to college next year...still living at home though..so I will have a gap until the boys get old enough
Old 10-13-2009, 06:56 AM   #163
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
She just does the 1320 and is serious about it..I wont let her race unless it's some real serious competition..no play races..lol...she's the only person i have ever let take my built cars down the track...she has 2 little brothers also..but they arent old enough to race yet..lol....kids are awesome..she will be shipping off to college next year...still living at home though..so I will have a gap until the boys get old enough
YES, Kids are awesome! Best thing I ever got... my 4 year old daughter!
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:47 AM   #164
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
OK, this is looking great. 63 cars in one weekend! We are 99.9% in and looks like we will head to Knoxville, TN down 75 on Thursday then on to Adel, GA Friday morning down 75. Anyone who wants to catch up either in Cincinatti, OH on Thursday or Knoxville, TN Friday morning, PM and we can work something out when it gets closer to caravan down. I already have a few prospects but the more the merrier IMO!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:05 AM   #165
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Sweet.... I need to get off my A$$ ans order my car don't I.....

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:35 AM   #166
billw501

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I know it's real early for detailed planning. But, will the majority of the (more) northern folks above Atlanta be heading down I-75? NC will you head down I-95 to Savannah then east? Just curious. I can meet folks around Macon, GA area on I-75 and on to Valdosta
I live in August, GA and will be heading down I-20, Hwy 16, I-16, then will hit I-75 at Macon. I can join the convoy from there. If anyone is coming down I-95 to I-20 and across I would be more than happy to convoy from Augusta. Just let me know.
billw501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:41 AM   #167
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Sweet.... I need to get off my A$$ ans order my car don't I.....

yep
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #168
billw501

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Yes..well you get no dyno run if you only pay $50..but you still get to eat and enter your ride in the car show and attend the awards ceremony
???Is there an additional cost for the dyno run? Was that just a typo Junkie?
billw501 is offline   Reply With Quote