Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #15
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Your link doesn't work. Can you update it?
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #16
s/c ss

Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHWA View Post
Yes, the little paper that comes with the kit does not take you to the right instructions. I read those a bunch of times and never found what I needed.

However, after a lot of searching, I finally found the following link which helped out a lot. Sorry, I was asked to delete the link, plus it doesnt work for me now either. They must have changed it.
Email Steve. He got me straightened out with the correct link to the FARK harness wiring/installation.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #17
Mil

Drives: 2013 Victory Red w/ automatic #671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@******** View Post
Sorry about that. I will have to have a little talk with someone on monday about getting the right instructions in the kits. Only a few kits were affected so anyone that didn't get the proper instruction card can simply pm me and I'll send the link. No need to go search around or asking, just hit me up
I've purchased your 5G-FARK kit for 2010 and up coupe full kit. I need some hlp with how do I wire it up to a JL XD700/5 amp for a 2013 ZL1 (coupe) Camaro. I followed the link on the little card with the resistor attached to it; that link wasn't what i expected -or- was not relevant. Can you send me a PM pls need your help in getting all this connected correctly; audio and electronics is not my area of expertise?

Thanks Mil
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #18
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
pm'd you the instruction sheet. All the harnesses do is simply convert the connectors on the factory audio harness into more suitable hookups for aftermarket amps. This way you don't have to chop off the ends of your car's harness (which is the whole point of the kit). The x2 harness (green connector) connects up to your amp's speaker outputs (except for the sub since you will wire this directly to the sub and not into the car's wiring). All the wires on the x2 are labeled and color coded so you know which terminal to connect to. The x3 harness (brown connector) is essentially your 4 ch rca input. The only other connections to the amp would be power and ground from your battery and a turn-on trigger, which is conveniently provided by the x3 harness ie the blunt cut white wire with the orange stripe. That's it in a nutshell. The instructions contain the full detail.

Last edited by Steve@Subthump; 01-24-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:12 AM   #19
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@******** View Post
You should have the fark specific instructions in your kit. If not pm me and I'll send you the link so you have it. I have copied the section about the x2a's below for your convenience. Installing those is really easy.

The X2A Jumpers (needed on coupe, not used on convertible)
The last thing involved is installing our x2a speaker jumper wires (harnesses with gray connectors). To install these, All you do is unplug each rear 6x9 (at the speaker) and install the x2a (short gray harness) In-Line. That's it Done.

BackgroundThe rear Boston 6x9s are bi-amp'd meaning the tweeter and midrange are powered by 2 sets of speaker wires and two channels on the factory amp, not one. Since a 4 channel amp only has two channels available for the rear, we have two options. Either power a single portion of each rear speaker or split the signal and power them both. Earlier versions of the X2A only powered the midrange of each rear 6x9. Further develpment of our of the x2a harnesses (v3.0) allows us to power both the tweeter and midrange of each rear speaker and this is a huge improvement. The power is split at the connector and a small capacitor is installed in the tweeter line to filter out unwanted bass. This makes for a full range speaker set--just like most aftermarket speakers. If you later decide to install aftermarket 6x9 rear speakers, you can simply snip off the ends of each harness and hardwire it to the new speaker using the gray wires. This way you will not have to cut the factory harness to install new speakers.
finally found this information. to bad instruction dont come with the kit.
TVS2300, BTR cam PD stage 3, ID1050 injectors, CHE bronze trunnions, 7.400" pushrods,.660" lift platinum springs, Titanium ret, Zl1 fuel pump, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, Roto Fab CAI, Corsa exh., Mellings oil pump, HD chain, ls2 damper, all synthetic, BMR control arms, zl1 toe link, BMR cradle mounts, W/bottle relocation, air scoop deflector, Hennessy wheels, two piece rotor, morimoto fogs, DRL harness, coilovers, Heads up install, mgw shifter, slps splitter, slp spoiler, zl1 side skirts, painted strips, debadged, tinted, 2018 emblems.

Edit Signature
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote