Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-21-2023, 09:58 PM   #1
cengell

Drives: 2017 2LT Garnet Red
2017 Convertible dead battery now radio display black.

Hello all, got an 2017 Camaro Convertible and factory battery dead, tried to recharge it and took over night and the next morning click. Car was without a battery for 12 hours.

So I got a Walmart "EverStart Platinum AGM Battery, Group H6 (12Volt/ 760CCA)" same size and fit just like the AC Delco and after It had it hooked up today I went to start it up it's clicked and then I tried again and it started.

But the radio display was black but I was able to use the steering wheel to change stations & volume and XM Radio all worked, but screen black.

Read and everything I tried made no change, I checked the brightness it was not down to off, I removed the - battery lead for 15 min and cleaned the - battery terminal no change.

The only thing I will try is pulling fuse 16 in the rear fuse box and removing it for like 15 min and push it back in but I made a custom Sub box so hard to get to the fuse box. Also removed the USB thumb drive in the armrest console, made no change.

But anyone on a 2016-2017 Convertible have this? Some reading said dealer said damaged harness or damaged display? Just odd, I know some say it has GM lockout but you would need to enter a code but with a dark screen can't and when put into reverse no backup camera that's what sucks.

Update, I just tried pushing the ON-STAR button on the left waited for a few sec and pressed it agin, no change, I can't connect bluetooth cell phone, not surprised as being dead over a week lost that setting, and the radio volume, home, next not working, and when I use the key fob I can lock and unlock but no beep like it was before so can't change that as I think it was in the control menu in the radio?

Any suggestions PLEASE.....
Thank you!
Christopher

Last edited by cengell; 09-21-2023 at 10:33 PM. Reason: More info.
cengell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 10:24 AM   #2
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
My 2016 convertible would go dead in about two weeks even in the summer. It died for me for two months the first winter I had it until I bought a nice trickle charger. Never had the screen blank out though. Something in these cars is always sucking power.

The only suggestion I have is keep on charging it. Maybe the new one is dead too?

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 04:57 PM   #3
cengell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
My 2016 convertible would go dead in about two weeks even in the summer. It died for me for two months the first winter I had it until I bought a nice trickle charger. Never had the screen blank out though. Something in these cars is always sucking power.

The only suggestion I have is keep on charging it. Maybe the new one is dead too?

-Geoff
Thanks, but no the new battery is fine, but I just pulled the CB2 fuse in the trunk, then started no joy or display.... Now pulled same fuse box 16 listed as display and the fuse looks good not blowed.

Christopher

Ok I removed Fuse 16 no joy and started the car and still no splash scree and still black. But I even tried the press OnStar left most button on the mirror and then wait a few sec then press again, nope...

Anyone had this issue, I think then the HMI and or display or harness as some have said...HELP Please

Last edited by cengell; 09-22-2023 at 06:02 PM. Reason: update
Old 10-07-2023, 03:37 PM   #4
cengell

Well update, I just got a new 8" radio unit and no improvement so it's the HMI....