Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 12-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #2997
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Zues you are blind where Tebow is concerned.

So you're saying he's dishonest? he didn't really mean what he said in his press conference?

You can't have it both ways my man.

But I'll let it be. You have every right to defned your man.

I watched the same game you guys did, I'm just calling it like I see it. He had a solid game, and the mistakes he made were made because of the funk created by the Defense.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:34 PM   #2998
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Hey I a diehard Michigan fan. I bleed maize and blue. We suck right now, but you know who we beat in the Capital One Bowl 2 years ago. I'll give you 3 guesses and the first two don't count.

Yep. I wouldn't be too proud of that one though, most of our team was dinged up and we held quite a few starters out because it was such a pathetic bowl. They tried to hold Tebow out, but he played.... broken hand and all.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:36 PM   #2999
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Tebow didn't play great, but he didn't play bad. He certainly didn't contribute to their loosing unless you count and int when your down 3 scores.

I'm not denying that we got worked, hopefully this makes everyone on that defense rededicate themselves. If they had played to their potential we win this game, but obviously they were playing far from it.

So you're defense was bad... But your offense was good???

Not, their offense was good and their defense was good.

If your defense lost the game... Did their defense win the game? But your offense didn't lose the game... I'm confused.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #3000
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Yep. I wouldn't be too proud of that one though, most of our team was dinged up and we held quite a few starters out because it was such a pathetic bowl. They tried to hold Tebow out, but he played.... broken hand and all.
Are you trying to tell me that Florida held starters out because it was a pathetic bowl? So the coach told the starters "Hey guys this bowl sucks, how about sitting out and waiting till next year to play again." I don't know what you are smoking, but that is out there. I don't want to hear about injuries. We were picked to win the National title that year by some. Injuries devestated the Wolverines that year. Hey I appreciate your passion for the Gators I am the same with my Wolverines.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #3001
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
So you're defense was bad... But your offense was good???

Not, their offense was good and their defense was good.

If your defense lost the game... Did their defense win the game? But your offense didn't lose the game... I'm confused.
No.

Our Defense lost the game.

Their Defense played great, but they didn't win them the game. The job of our defense is to keep the score low, keep their offense off the field, and manage things. I don't care if you have Peyton manning throwing passes to Jerry rice, if your defense can't stop your opponent, it's never going to be enough.... esp. When the defense you have to face is as stacked as Bama's.

Quote:
Are you trying to tell me that Florida held starters out because it was a pathetic bowl? So the coach told the starters "Hey guys this bowl sucks, how about sitting out and waiting till next year to play again." I don't know what you are smoking, but that is out there. I don't want to hear about injuries. We were picked to win the National title that year by some. Injuries devestated the Wolverines that year. Hey I appreciate your passion for the Gators I am the same with my Wolverines.
I'm telling you that 6-7 starters who were dinged up were held out, because the bowl didn't mean anything and there was no point in risking further injury.

No compute?
Old 12-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #3002
bwindham

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM Camaro
I'm confused, you think Tebow played well, but the rest of the team did not. Tebow is not the WHOLE Florida team. One man does not make a team...I'm just sayin'.
VIN - 2G1FT1EW9A9124711...........................
bwindham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #3003
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
No.

Their Defense played great, but they didn't win them the game. The job of our defense is to keep the score low, keep their offense off the field, and manage things. I don't care if you have Peyton manning throwing passes to Jerry rice, if your defense can't stop your opponent, it's never going to be enough.... esp. When the defense you have to face is as stacked as Bama's.

I'm telling you that 6-7 starters who were dinged up were held out, because the bowl didn't mean anything and there was no point in risking further injury.

No compute?
Again, I guarantee you Michigan had more players out than Florida. So you can't use that as an excuse. I'm not debating that game anyway, but we did
win.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:46 PM   #3004
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwindham View Post
I'm confused, you think Tebow played well, but the rest of the team did not. Tebow is not the WHOLE Florida team. One man does not make a team...I'm just sayin'.
I know. Which is a big reason why we lost.

Quote:
Again, I guarantee you Michigan had more players out than Florida. So you can't use that as an excuse. I'm not debating that game anyway, but we did
win.
Well Congratulations. Strange that your coach was fired shortly after such a prestigious victory.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:49 PM   #3005
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
No.

OK I can see your point if they scored 30. But they scored 13..

UF's avg. points per game is 35.6.. If they had scored their average they would have won...

So is that your offenses' fault or their defenses' fault???
Old 12-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #3006
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Well Congratulations. Strange that your coach was fired shortly after such a prestigious victory.
You say you know football, but you say Lloyd Carr was fired. You know he retired right? Your football knowledge is amazing.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #3007
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
did it just get deleted?
yes.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #3008
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

I guess so. Try it again.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #3009
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
????
give it till tomorrow and I'll let you post it... Like tomorrow morning.

Please... No need to rub it in...

Sounds weak but please...
Old 12-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #3010
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
give it till tomorrow and I'll let you post it... Like tomorrow morning.

Please... No need to rub it in...

Sounds weak but please...
Ummm it's a picture from the game and this is the trash talk thread....
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote