Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Who would you let drive your Camaro?
Spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend? 110 62.15%
Your kids (adult, of course)? 27 15.25%
Friends? 51 28.81%
Co-workers (folks in your office you mostly like)? 19 10.73%
Miscellaneous (please explain)? 39 22.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2009, 02:50 PM   #29
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
My husband on occasion and on one of those HE let his brother drive it. Nobody else and it will probably stay that way except the people at the dealer when it goes for service.
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:50 PM   #30
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
Nobody.

Aside from anyone involved in transporting it on/off truck anything done @ factory/dealership etc... But that doesn't count..

Most of my family can't drive stick. Dad can but doesn't wanna drive it "just in case". He's about the only person I would allow to drive it.

My girl doesn't know how to drive.

Friends? hahah... They'd have better luck finding the end of a rainbow.

My precious......
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #31
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
WOW ITS ONLY A CAMARO, its not some godly machine. My aunt, stepfather, best friend, neighbor, best friends friend whom I didn't even know and brother have driven this car. Its really nothing special about it. Now if you had asked who has driven my M6, only me and the wife drive that car.

People quit treating this car like its the best thing since slice bread.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #32
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
My best friend drove it. He and I are excellent drivers and he is one of the few people I would trust to drive my Camaro.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:58 PM   #33
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
WOW ITS ONLY A CAMARO, its not some godly machine. My aunt, stepfather, best friend, neighbor, best friends friend whom I didn't even know and brother have driven this car. Its really nothing special about it. Now if you had asked who has driven my M6, only me and the wife drive that car.

Ummmm.... hi.... welcome to the CAMARO ENTHUSIAST forum...
Old 12-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #34
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
I will let most anybody drive it that is comfortable with a manual transmission.

My Corvette was brand new and I met a guy at a Corvette met who was interested in the new Vettes. This was in 1998. He owned a restored 1964. I tossed him the keys and said let's go! He was very appreciative.

I let anybody at work drive it that wants to. I say hey, you want to drive it, and sometimes they say sure! But sometimes they say no, they are afraid to.

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #35
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:

For some of us thats about as high we will go with a sports car. Not all of us can afford a M6 at the same time.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #36
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Had to let my dad drive it, since his Camaro was the start of my obsession at age 2!

Had to let my husband drive it - I don't like sleeping alone.
Had to let my brother drive it, to make sure it was capable of laying a nice pair of rubber tracks - just once! It's very capable.
I think my husband let a couple of friends drive it when I wasn't around.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #37
gjordon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS\RS
My wife has driven it of course.. after all, she gave me the nod to buy it. My son (27) has driven it as well.. mind you that he never asked, I tossed him the keys and said "lets go!" after driving about 30 minutes and seeing he was very comfortable, I finally told him.. "the accelerators on the right!" the smile that came across his face when punched it was priceless and I hope that memory stays with him as it has me for a long time.

Outside of those, one of my employees has driven it as well, but insistance from me.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:15 PM   #38
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
I only let my wife drive the car (other than myself). I trust her implicitly. In fact I would put her driving skills up against anyone.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #39
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
Well I hate to admit it but my Cami has gotten around a little too much already. Let's see, her first guy was in Texas, that relationship lasted about a week, then there was me, she likes me a lot and frequently wants to impress me with her skills, then she tried out my husband (exactly two times), then there was this really good looking blond-haired blue-eyed mechanic at the dealership.

Then our very own Xanthos had his way with her and she'll never enjoy having her paddle shifters rubbed as much as she did when he did it that very first time, then there was this tall well-built guy at a tire store, then another really cute young guy that drove her to new heights (car lift) also at the dealership....well I think that's about it, but I think I need to buy her a little black book for Christmas!
We definately know the way to your... Camaro ! It seems to like the "Tall, Well Built, Blonde, Blue Eyed, Really Cute" MEN out there. You might want to get a Big Black Book. I'm just saying...

No one drives my Camaro! Well, maybe you, but don't tell the wife (she's afraid to drive it).

Edit: Love the Santa hat!

Quote:

How about it's a dangerous machine in uneducated, unskilled hands, period. 400 horses is more than most have ever had in the vehicle they have driven... I didn't even trust myself at first.

BTW... have you seen the video of the Father letting his son have the keys to his new GT500, and the son immediately drove it through the back of the garage?
Old 12-18-2009, 04:30 PM   #40
1 BAD RS 2 SS

Drives: 2010 RS 2 SS
nobody yet , thy allways toss the key back when i say you wreck it you bought it . ive had 17 - 70 year olds ask on takers . lol although if my brothers 14 year old step son would in a herat beat .
1 BAD RS 2 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #41
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
We definately know the way to your... Camaro ! It seems to like the "Tall, Well Built, Blonde, Blue Eyed, Really Cute" MEN out there. You might want to get a Big Black Book. I'm just saying...

No one drives my Camaro! Well, maybe you, but don't tell the wife (she's afraid to drive it).

Edit: Love the Santa hat!
Wow, I was pretty obvious huh?
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:37 PM   #42
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
There's no "Over my dead, cold, body" option to vote for...:slice: