Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-09-2010, 12:54 AM   #85
gjordon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS\RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
So the cop had to go faster to catch you?!?!? Whoa, rocket science there.

Ive had a cop say that to me before when I was pulled over.

LEO: You know I had to do 95 to catch you?
ME: Ok, why?
LEO: Because you were going so fast.
ME: Not really, I bet you clocked me going 74 right?
LEO: Actually, 75 but close.
ME: Ok, so if you had gone 85 you would of caught me just the same only farther down the road, right?
LEO:......
That's odd that the LEO didn't have a response. Most all the officers I know would have told you something to the affect of...

That's correct and had you not been speeding to begin with, I wouldn't have had to chase you down at all.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:58 AM   #86
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Speed limit was 70 and he said the only reason I was pulled over because I had no front plate not the speeding but.... I lived in TN at the time and was traveling through TX and TN doesnt issue front plates. The LEO let me go right then.

EDIT: Not trying to stir up the LEOs on the site but saying that I had to go XX to catch up to you makes no sense. Of course you had to catch up to me so depending on how fast you want to do that then youll go faster than I was traveling.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:15 AM   #87
gjordon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS\RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
EDIT: Not trying to stir up the LEOs on the site but saying that I had to go XX to catch up to you makes no sense. Of course you had to catch up to me so depending on how fast you want to do that then youll go faster than I was traveling.
True and it proves there are times we just don't understand some people and their thoughts .. life goes on!
Old 01-09-2010, 02:21 AM   #88
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by eynigush View Post
This "dick" pays taxes as well. This "dick" makes mistakes like everyone else. This "dick" rectified his mistakes. This "dick" along with every other "dick" out there that patrols and wears a uniform does a lot more than write tickets. This "dick" would keep you and your loved ones from harm if the situation arised, and this "dick" doesn't even know your name...
--Eddie
sorry eddie noting personal its just after being dicked over so many times and not doing anything i tend to have issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjordon View Post
Amazing You stated that this person was in the wrong, yet the cop is a "dick" for doing his job? It's really very simple, don't break the law and all is well, if you do, take the consequences. Granted all officers aren't the same, some more forgiving than others, just as anyone else. Attitude goes a long ways on a traffic stop but don't go into it expecting a break. With and attitude such as yours, I can see why you wouldn't get a break.

I spent 20 years in law enforcement (retired) and I don't expect any favors and yes I like to "play" with my SS now and then BUT if I get nailed, I have no one to blame but myself. Actually, I just got through paying a ticket for 81 in a 50. The sad part, it wasn't even in my SS, it was my wife's truck! I completed the online defensive driving so it didn't go on my record and I now have an insurance discount for the DD.

We all break the law.. we just all don't get caught.
i do get breaks only after i say im going to JOHn jay college of criminal justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
one of the most ignorant statements i've ever read !! like someone else here said, attitude goes a long way. with yours, you'll be lucky if you enough money left over to make your car payments.

i guess the family members of the man whose life myself and my squad mates saved on christmas eve secretly thinks we are dicks.

grow up pal !
For the most part you are right the later half of my statement was really stupid and im really sorry just try to see it from my POV
Ps I have never had points
Old 01-09-2010, 02:42 AM   #89
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
these threads are effing hillarious when your drinking...

thanks guys.

//edit

and to chime in on the actual OP (original point) of the thread...

i would fight it, it's your right to do so.

first i would write the court for a writ of discovery from the officer so that you can find out exactly what was written in the report and then go at it from the best angle possible.

from the age of 18-20 i received 11 tickets (all minor things) in souther and central california. beat every one except for one (thanks to being lazy on my second round of traffic court). you have rights just as they do to sue you for your infraction. (luckily these days i'm smarter then being so flagrant with my driving...)

Last edited by bolteon593; 01-09-2010 at 02:54 AM.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:02 AM   #90
Kurt_OH

Drives: BMW, Hyundai
I agree - fight it. But don't just go to argue, you have to be prepared and offer a reasonable argument. You need to look at the crime CHARGED and see what you must do to break THAT law, and figure out if they can prove that or not. For example, if you're charged with turning right on red, then in Ohio there must be a "No Right on Red" sign.

Find your crime and the law and see what you have and go, prepared to discuss it.

Also, be polite, FRIENDLY even, to the prosecutor. They WILL offer you a plea to avoid trial. They don't have time for that crap but will go for it if you're a jerk and the judge will give them all the benefit of the doubt possible.

As for cops/corruption/hypocrisy: look no further than the FOP selling those little stars to put on your back window/license plate. They're basically saying "give money to our organization and we'll try to look the other way when you break traffic laws". It's almost like mafia extortion, and it ABSOLUTELY gives off the impression of impropriety and favoritism.
1988 Mustang GT - gone
1970 Comet w/427BBC drag car - gone
1985 Nissan Pulsar - gone
Wagon/Sedans/Yuk - gone
1970 Nova w/350 - gone
1970 Camaro w/350 - gone
1970 Chevelle w/350 - gone
1966 Chevy II SS 327 - gone
1968 Camaro w/327 - gone
Kurt_OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:17 AM   #91
ihatemystang

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldman View Post
Thanks for the information guys, appreciate it. Just want to mention I wasn't trying to get out of it. I am a careful driver, I just want as minimal damage to my record as possible.

I am going to plead no contest/guilty and hopefully the judge will be nice about it.

Btw, for Virginia, when they give you a ticket, a court date is also scheduled on it. It is pretty efficient.....
For minimal damage to your record, take the $100 and hire a traffic lawyer. Chances are if your record is clear, they can negotiate it to a non-moving violation like defective equipment or loud exhaust. It may wind up costing you $200, but you'll save your insurance in the long run.

BTW, I don't buy the BS about cops not watching out for other cops. When a plate is run or the license is taken out of the wallet that conveniently also holds a badge, they know what's up. It's a tight community and one that is used to operating with impunity so long as you play the game. Is it right or wrong? In the grand scheme of things, with multi-billion dollar corporate bailouts, capital punishment, and decent yet unaffordable health care, I think speeding tickets are the least of this country's worries.
ihatemystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:22 AM   #92
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Well you did disobey a sign-- It is the posted speed limit (and even if the sign wasn't right were you got pulled over, it is still a legally marked stretch of road I am sure...

However-- the odd reasoning behind the ticket is dumb. "I had to get to 60 to catch you"
Well unless you acclerate equally, you will never catch the car in front of you unless you go faster than him. At best you will maintain a certain distance apart once both cars acheived the "same" speed.

You admit to doing 50 mph. So you were wrong, but her reasoning to pull you was flawed too.

Long story short, you broke the law, and got a ticket. She used poor judgment in words when explaining why she pulled you. But she wrote it up legally. You are not going to win. (Assuming you tell the truth in court about your actual speed)
________
DODGE RAM SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by jrc1122; 03-11-2011 at 10:25 PM.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:28 AM   #93
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ MSCL View Post
No point in mentioning the missed birthdays, holidays or other special occasions others take for granted. Not much point in mentioning much else about any of this because certain jackasses on this thread will never get it.

Everybody loves a fireman.

Wah. You know what the job entails before you started it. I get it, but I dont care. Its part of your job. People are not jackasses for "not getting it". Everyone makes their own choices, nobody forced you to be a cop. There are thousands of jobs out there with bankers hours. Trus me I missed my share of special occasions ect ect being in the Marines, but its expected. If I didnt like it I would move on.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #94
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
It's hard not to let power and authority go to your head. I've been in that position before and let it get the best of me.

I'm sure being a police officer is very frustrating, I have sat and talked with many of them and they are unbelieveably human just like us all.

Do you think they write tickets because they want to? The other day one small town cop came into the shop complaining about how he was required to write one ticket per shift. At this point Im thinking wah wah wah myself

Then he tells me that money is too tight for people right now, he'd rather not write $150 moving infractions, so hes been looking for equipment violations, seat belt tickets, and driving while suspended.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #95
superstockcam

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
What signs was she talking about?
Here's your sign...
________
Fix ps3

Last edited by superstockcam; 04-19-2011 at 03:35 AM.
superstockcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #96
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
All the smart cops became firemen instead.
Hah!

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #97
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ MSCL View Post
Hah!

Thats a joke I heard from an NYPD officer.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #98
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimus prime View Post
Wah. You know what the job entails before you started it. I get it, but I dont care. Its part of your job. People are not jackasses for "not getting it". Everyone makes their own choices, nobody forced you to be a cop. There are thousands of jobs out there with bankers hours. Trus me I missed my share of special occasions ect ect being in the Marines, but its expected. If I didnt like it I would move on.
Go suck it asshole. Yes I knew what was entailed - I do what I do to live on the edge, not to work bankers hours. I also have spent (so far) 31 years in the US Army Reserve fighting for my country. So don't come whining to me about your service in the Marines.

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote