Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 02-20-2010, 12:10 AM   #1
R0NG

Drives: 2010 2SS Black on Black
Unhappy Great day gone bad!

After 2 days of dealing with the dealership 'folk' I finally found the 'one'! It's Black, it's Fast, and it's got my name on the sales contract! Did I mention it's Black!

I survived the sales negotiations, the paperboy's 'add-on' up-sell, the On-Star up-sell with Latisha <Um, Kay> and finally the final 'here's how the wipers work' talk-down session! They are closing and I'm ready for some seat time and a sammitch! Not three miles out, I'm heading up a pretty good sized hill about 50 in 5th and it hiccups! Really?!? The 2SS won't pull this hill? I look down and the Stabilitrak icons are all lit up and the center warning is flashing a 'broke' Message.

I turn around as soon as possible and limp back to the dealer as soon as possible, it's 8:03 and the gates are closed, holding back the tumbleweeds! I catch one of the salesmen coming out to the back parking lot and he says to just bring it back tomorrow; the traction control won't affect normal driving, just go easy. I call my salesman and he say's to bring it back tomorrow. He'll call in a maintenance guy.

I head out for the house about 20 miles away. I stop by Domino's for my sammitch and restart it to leave. A mile down the road, it seems to be surging and the little engine icon in on, off, on awhile, then off. I hit the On-Star button and the 1st girl has a down terminal, please call back! 2nd girl does a 'system diagnosis' and refers me to 'Advanced Technical Support'. He reads me some very 'could be nothing, could be horrible' statements with everything but explosive diarrhea being a possibility and asks how far from home I am. 2 miles I tell him. He replies 'Good, Now it may not start in the morning, but you should probably take it back within 7 days. Call us back if it won't start and we'll send a tow truck!' Thanx Skippy!

Now I ask ya, What should I do now? SNAP like a raw ear of corn? Sit patiently while they talk down to me and waste my Saturday? Get my trade back? Anybody got an opinion or experience to share here! Should I consider this a fluke, or it's expected of Canadian Union workers?

I'll post what happens...
R0NG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:04 AM   #2
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
So was the last part really necessary?

There is long list of American Company's that supply the 1000's of parts that make up this car.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:33 AM   #3
ex-SS-ve

no cars immune to failure new or old thats what warranty covers . had a freinds brand new nissan altima toss a rod starting it up one morning like normal. could be as simple as a moist connector or a reflash of the pcm. i wouldnt let it bother me a whole lot unless it becomes a reoccurring thing and you end up having to lemon law it.
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:50 AM   #4
R0NG

Drives: 2010 2SS Black on Black
Truly, I'd hoped the workmanship would be better on your side of the border, but sadly I fear it isn't. The dig was meant at the Unions... I apologize for your hurt feelings.

Since the diagnosis hasn't yet been completed, let's wait to make the judgement on if it was bad parts, or how they were assembled. Either way, this would seem to be a Quality Control problem, would you agree?

Is your tag-line comment that America has no heart beat really necessary? We do appreciate your personal desire to help, but America IS NOT dead; merely dazed and confused...
R0NG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:04 AM   #5
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
So was the last part really necessary?

There is long list of American Company's that supply the 1000's of parts that make up this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0NG View Post
Truly, I'd hoped the workmanship would be better on your side of the border, but sadly I fear it isn't. The dig was meant at the Unions... I apologize for your hurt feelings.

Since the diagnosis hasn't yet been completed, let's wait to make the judgement on if it was bad parts, or how they were assembled. Either way, this would seem to be a Quality Control problem, would you agree?

Is your tag-line comment that America has no heart beat really necessary? We do appreciate your personal desire to help, but America IS NOT dead; merely dazed and confused...
Easy pal... you are 2 posts in and already not making a good start. Sorry you car had problems. About 100,000 camaros were made already, not all are going to be perfect. Shit happens, accidents happen. I bet you NEVER made a mistake at work... Just take it easy... The dealership will fix your car. And if you dealership is treating you like a child or trying to sell you stuff (PS... thats their job) maybe you find another dealer that is more intune to your needs. I mean was it that hard to say no to the add ons? It took me about 4 hours to buy my car... the actual paperwork. I already waited 11 weeks for it, whats a few more hours? And, loved every second if it!

Also, this is a WORLD car, parts made all over the place.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Were you able to do a test drive before buying? How many miles were on the car?

That's a good reason to do a good 20 mile minimum test drive before buying.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:26 AM   #7
wbdinger

Drives: NSMNJW=2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3
[Quote]Should I consider this a fluke, or it's expected of Canadian Union workers?[Quote]
?????????????
What has nationality got to do with the hiccup in your car?
All our unions are based on ...........
never mind
DYI Oil Catch Can, DYI dash ABL, DyI fender "V"emblems, ACC Plasma DRL, DYI Painted red SS on steering wheel, DYI CGM painted bowties on wheels, DYI Clearcoated Brake Calipers, Eibach pro 1" lowering springs, GM Heratige grill, GM skipshift eliminator, GMPP 92206992 Exhaust, 2-10" Kenwood subs w/350watt pioneer amp, RiderGraphics hood spears/gill outlines, 9x20 wheels-custom silver,weather tech mats, ARH 17/8 headers and cats. Tuned by Davenport Motorsports.
wbdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:15 PM   #8
soonerfanru2

Drives: 2ss
Maybe just maybe the parts that are causing the problem are not union made? I do not Know for sure but assume not all of the parts on this car were made buy union companys. That could be the problem, not the bad old Unions that got the wages up for all of us years ago and keep them up still today.
soonerfanru2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #9
Waco
Layla

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, LS3, CGM/IO
R0NG = Jackass
Waco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:41 PM   #10
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
My tag line was in use probably before you even knew there was a 2010 CAMARO.

Chevrolet used that as a signature line probably before you were born.

I chose to use that at a time when GM was not expected to survive.

Have you even read the rules of conduct on here?
Old 02-20-2010, 12:46 PM   #11
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0NG View Post

Whats unions got to do with it? in my experience, mgmt preaches quality,
but there actions say otherwise. It's usually quantity over quality, meet
the build quota's on overloaded jobs...oh yeah, my Canadian union made
camaro has been running just fine, along with 99% of the posters of this
site...I guess unions and the govt. to blame for Toyotas probs. too ?
Please return your Camaro..your not worthy
OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #12
EdRedCamaro2
4BC Motorsports

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Easy pal... you are 2 posts in and already not making a good start. Sorry you car had problems.
+1
Arrived 9/24/09

"In racing, they say that your car goes where your eyes go...I know it's true; racing doesn't lie" The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
EdRedCamaro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:15 PM   #13
dannkimmel

Drives: 1lt,rjt,m6 &2004 harley
doubt this guy even has any car let alone a a new one.
is this a troll?
dannkimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:07 PM   #14
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Sorry you are having problems. Take it back to the dealer and drop the attitude and they will get it taken care of. Remimber, you have the hottest, sexyest car on the road. People will stop you just to drool over your car. When that happens, all problems will be forgotten.