Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 02-22-2010, 07:58 AM   #113
StrangeMan

Drives: 2SS SIM/Blk
Send a message via Yahoo to StrangeMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukd73 View Post
uk grad. from around hopkinsville, 4 hours from lexington.
UK Alumni here too. Anyone else get the UK license plate?
Old 02-22-2010, 11:42 PM   #114
turleylox

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
Central KY Camaro Club

We have finally formed a club for everyone here in Central KY. I have sent this to hopefully everyone that has posted on this thread. I hope I didn't miss anyone. We are trying to get everyone on board that showed interest in joining a club. Check out the Social Group I started here on Camaro5 and PM me with your contact information so I can generate a database of our members. We are planning a first meet for sometime next month maybe in Elizabethtown. Maybe Rafferty's...Sound Good?
Hope to hear from everyone.
turleylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:43 AM   #115
FANTA-Z

Drives: 2010 SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword5 View Post
Nice Z, still driving my 93 Z as daily driver. Getting some work on it right now, leaking head gasket has it blowing coolant out the exhaust. Bought it in June of 93, been a great car. 5th Gen definitely at the top of my list for greatest car owned.
Thank you sir. I had way and I mean way too much money in the 95 lol. If you ever need any work on the 4th gen dont be afraid to give me a yell cause I worked on my 95 enough to know about every bolt on the thing lol.
FANTA-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:48 AM   #116
FANTA-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by turleylox View Post
We have finally formed a club for everyone here in Central KY. I have sent this to hopefully everyone that has posted on this thread. I hope I didn't miss anyone. We are trying to get everyone on board that showed interest in joining a club. Check out the Social Group I started here on Camaro5 and PM me with your contact information so I can generate a database of our members. We are planning a first meet for sometime next month maybe in Elizabethtown. Maybe Rafferty's...Sound Good?
Hope to hear from everyone.
Sounds great!!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #117
camaro4rr

Drives: 2010 inferno orange SS2 6-speed
FANTA-Z where did you get your windows done? And would you recommend them? How long did it take cost?
camaro4rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:16 PM   #118
FANTA-Z

I had them done at Roberts on Shelbyville Rd in Middletown. I think they did a wonderful job. I contacted them on Thursday around noon and they told me to bring the car in Friday (the next day) at 10am. I actually ran a little late and didnt get there until 1030 and they were done by noon. The price was 140 for legal on the sides and darker in the back. Very nice guys and I had no issues with the car at all. I was going to take it to Pro Tint and read some terrible reviews of not getting to the car for about 3 hours and then have feet marks all over the car where they crawled around in it. I had no issues with this at all.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #119
camaro4rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANTA-Z View Post
I had them done at Roberts on Shelbyville Rd in Middletown. I think they did a wonderful job. I contacted them on Thursday around noon and they told me to bring the car in Friday (the next day) at 10am. I actually ran a little late and didnt get there until 1030 and they were done by noon. The price was 140 for legal on the sides and darker in the back. Very nice guys and I had no issues with the car at all. I was going to take it to Pro Tint and read some terrible reviews of not getting to the car for about 3 hours and then have feet marks all over the car where they crawled around in it. I had no issues with this at all.
Thanks I'll check them out.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:55 AM   #120
captain5706

Drives: 2011 Silverado Z71
Tint

I have had three cars done by Roberts, they are good and professional. Never had a problem out of any that they have done.
captain5706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:14 AM   #121
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
FANTA-Z, will do. The LT1's to me are a big pain to get in deep with. I do the fluid changes, tire rotations, things like that. I have a nice garage but just don't have the time or want to keep the garage torn up while doing it. The 5th Gens seem like they will be a little easier in ways, seems like more room in engine bay. Getting ready to do the first oil change soon, she getting up around 700 miles. Waiting till gets around 1500 or so to do this. Done any maintenance work on yours yet?
Old 02-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #122
StrangeMan

Drives: 2SS SIM/Blk
Send a message via Yahoo to StrangeMan
dirtydogg and I are meeting tomorrow at 1pm for lunch at the Frankfort Beef O' Bradys. If anyone is interested in joining us, come on down!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #123
FANTA-Z

Roberts also did my 95 and it held up for about 10 years or so and never did turn purple or start coming up on me.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #124
FANTA-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword5 View Post
FANTA-Z, will do. The LT1's to me are a big pain to get in deep with. I do the fluid changes, tire rotations, things like that. I have a nice garage but just don't have the time or want to keep the garage torn up while doing it. The 5th Gens seem like they will be a little easier in ways, seems like more room in engine bay. Getting ready to do the first oil change soon, she getting up around 700 miles. Waiting till gets around 1500 or so to do this. Done any maintenance work on yours yet?
Yeah the LT1 isnt the easiest motor to work on thats for sure. I had the motor out of my 95 at least 6 or 7 times and after the initial first motor build I took it out of the top and then learned taking them out of the bottom was the way to go. By the time it was all said and done, myself with a friend or two could have the motor out in about an hour and half

I have to agree with you on the 5th Gen because it looks like you can get to basically anything you need to and work on it. I did my first oil change last week and it was a breeze to do besides finding a decent jacking point for my jack lol.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:11 AM   #125
camaro4rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANTA-Z View Post

Do you have a phone number?
Old 02-25-2010, 10:13 AM   #126
FANTA-Z

Here ya go.

(502) 245-9293