Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
bennettag10
me like fast cars

Drives: 2500 Silverado, 2010 Camaro
Cool A2DP problems with iPhone 3G and iPad

When i first got my camaro last summer I hooked up the A2DP bluetooth to my iPhone 3G and it worked. I haven't used it in a long time and now that I have just gotten an iPad I thought it would be cool if i could get it to work with it... Well, I couldn't get it to work... So I tried with my iPhone too (which used to work) and it didn't work either... Neither the iPad or the iPhone can see the GM Music Connect Bluetooth profile... Does anyone know why this has all the sudden stopped working for me?

Any suggestions would be great....

Thanks!

Btw.... I'm posting this from my iPad.... I'm obsessed with it...

2SS. R/S. CGM. 6 Speed Manual. Grey Interior. Polished 20s.
bennettag10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
bennettag10
me like fast cars

No one? :(

Old 05-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
sstphoenix

Drives: Black 2LT RS 5th gen
when you say it doesnt work what do you mean?
does your phone see the gm music connect?
does your phone bluetooth work when the gm music doesnt?

both are bluetooth. just diff connections.
try telling your phone to forget the connection n try to resync it.

if phone bluetooth doesnt work then you might have just had the temporary bug where radio bluetooth goes stupid.
try again after few minutes of car turned off.
sstphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
bennettag10
me like fast cars

Both don't see the GM music connect when I am trying to pair. I think the radio bluetooth module in my car is broken. I have tried to get it to work multiple times with no luck. I'm going to take it to my dealer soon. Hopefully they will be able to figure it out.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #5
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
cant really offer much to help your issue, but i can confirm the ipad does work via bluetooth on the camaro. When you plug it into the usb port though, absolutely nothing happens.
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:03 PM   #6
Blackhawk6

Drives: Born:18 Sept 2009 #47903
Had the same problem with my Iphone. The module was asleep and would not wake up for some reason. Dealer had to replace the module it works fine now. Recommend you take it to your dealership and ask the to see if the can communicate with that module that controls you USB connecter. Hope this helps.
2010 Camaro 2SS________________________________________Litho#140

Blackhawk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:22 AM   #7
hair10

Drives: 2SS - Transformer Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennettag10 View Post
Does anyone know why this has all the sudden stopped working for me?
Maybe Herr Furhur Jobs doesn't like Camaros.

hair10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #8
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Did you have any luck with this yet? I'd like to know more about at what stage you are getting and when it is failing. Are you able to get into the menus in the radio where it asks what type of device you are connecting? It doesn't actually matter what you select there, it's just to help you figure out where to go on your device to connect. So, you can just say yes yes right away when it says to search for GMusicConnect. Are you seeing all of those screens and just nothing on your iPhone/iPad? If so, then there could be something wrong with the PDIM, which is what handles the USB and Music Bluetooth.

Also, you should check what version of software your PDIM has. The first version that was on the initial Camaros had some issues and there were improvements to the stability and Bluetooth functions with a software update. To check the version, you need to be playing music off of some connected device (USB, Bluetooth), and press and hold down the menu button for 5 seconds. This will display the version info. If it says SW: CC, then there is an update and you should see your dealer for the update. If it says SW: CE, then it is the latest, and it is probably something that's gone wrong with the module itself, which the dealer would need to replace with a new PDIM.

Let me know what you find out.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #9
Cruzer1

Drives: 2010 Blk Supercharged 2SS/RS
I am having the same problem. I've had my car for 2 weeks. My iPod and USB drive worked fine for a day or so. Now it doesn't recognize either device (no lights, no charging, nothing). It tells me that no device is connected ("No CD Inserted"). If I hit the CD/Aux button twice it toggles between the "No CD Inserted" message and the radio. My cell phone appears to be connected without issue. I have not tried to connect anything else through bluetooth. I'm starting a list for my dealership visit!
Cruzer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #10
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
I'm having the same problem too. I have a Palm Pre and it works fine with the bluetooth connection. My IPAD will not sync to the bluetooth. It doesn't see any bluetooth so there isn't any way to connect. Hmmm...
Mine reads SW: CE, I had it updated a couple of months ago.
What doesn't make sense is my Pre works fine with it while using Pandora or making phone calls.
Makes me think it's a IPAD problem...

What now?

Last edited by copper3000; 05-26-2010 at 12:14 PM.
copper3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #11
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Same here. iPad doe not see the gm Bluetooth module. Also, on my moto q every time I start the car I see personal call displayed all I can do is access menu and transfer call (no real call exist) then I have to hang up. Its like for four select presses every time I get in the car. Seems to work fine after all that work though.

I assumed it to be a moto q problem.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:55 PM   #12
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
Same here. iPad doe not see the gm Bluetooth module. Also, on my moto q every time I start the car I see personal call displayed all I can do is access menu and transfer call (no real call exist) then I have to hang up. Its like for four select presses every time I get in the car. Seems to work fine after all that work though.

I assumed it to be a moto q problem.
Pilot error - I was trying to pair my iPad in the cell phone menu. I needed to be in the aux input mode on the radio then hit the menu button and select new Bluetooth audio device.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #13
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
Pilot error - I was trying to pair my iPad in the cell phone menu. I needed to be in the aux input mode on the radio then hit the menu button and select new Bluetooth audio device.
You rock!!

I've been in the wrong menu all this time.

Finally, I have my IPad linked to my car and it sounds great!

Thank you, thank you, thank you...
copper3000 is offline   Reply With Quote