Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #15
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barton Industries View Post
I couldn't be happier with the TVS2300.

Going from a SS to a SS with a Maggie, Is like going from a Honda Civic to a SS.
From a Honda Civic to a SS .....really.....good to know. I really want to feel like the car will be greatly improved for the investment. So far everyone seems to feel there is a big and improved difference from stock.

Thanks
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:23 PM   #16
Barton Industries

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JProberts View Post
From a Honda Civic to a SS .....really.....good to know. I really want to feel like the car will be greatly improved for the investment. So far everyone seems to feel there is a big and improved difference from stock.

Thanks
It Truly gives the car a WHOLE new feel. I think my car pulls harder in 4th gear at low RPMs then it did in 2nd gear with out the maggie.
Barton Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:41 PM   #17
E85LSX

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I still have the stock, 3.8, pulley on mine and its ridiculous. I don't think I'll ever go back to driving a non-boosted car. I have had nitrous cars in the past and this kills them.

It will feel like a completely different car, definitely worth the money. 3rd gear pulls as hard as 1st did when it was stock. . .

See if you can find someone to take you for a ride it will make your decision easy.

E85LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #18
SonnyakaPig

Drives: C63 P31
Quote:
Originally Posted by E85LSX View Post
I don't think I'll ever go back to driving a non-boosted car.
My sentiments exactly.
SonnyakaPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:55 PM   #19
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E85LSX View Post
I still have the stock, 3.8, pulley on mine and its ridiculous. I don't think I'll ever go back to driving a non-boosted car. I have had nitrous cars in the past and this kills them.

It will feel like a completely different car, definitely worth the money. 3rd gear pulls as hard as 1st did when it was stock. . .

See if you can find someone to take you for a ride it will make your decision easy.
Yeah now thats what I really was hoping to hear, that the car still drives and handles well, but feels like a different and improved car.

I might try to find someone in my area to ask for a ride in a blown SS before I go for the gold. There are some guys in my area that have had this mod, I've talked to a few in the past when I was considering this upgrade this past winter. Thanks for the feedback
Old 06-13-2010, 09:03 PM   #20
Jetsco

Drives: Ordered 2/25/09 -2SS/RS/IOM/M6
I am with the rest of the group as I could not have made a better choice than to go with the Maggie. With regards to everyday driving the car is like stock, but when your ready, hang on because it's one hell of a ride! In my opinion, due to the heavy weight of the Camaro, it really needs the sc. You cannot go wrong if your going to move forward in this direction. Good luck!
IOM 2SS/RS, M6 (587rwhp) - Chrome Maggie w/3.8 Pulley, Speed Inc Custom Cam Package, Roto-Fab CAI, Stainless Works Headers and Full Exhaust System, SI Custom Tune, Pfadt Drop Springs, Pfadt Front and Rear Sways, Powder Coated Calipers with Stillen Vented/Cross-drilled Rotors and SS Brake Lines, Barton Shifter, Street Scene Scoops, NLP Spoiler, Heritage Grille, Smoked Lenes, Painted XM Antenna, Showstopper Custom Engine Compartment and D2FORGED 22" CV2's.
Jetsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:37 PM   #21
BlownChevy

Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Guys, I cannot stress our sincere appreciation of your support enough! Thank you very much for your business and compliments, it makes what we do all worth it at the end of the day.
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:41 PM   #22
JProberts

Great to hear all the positive driving experience regarding the TVS2300. Good to know that most of the comments all seem very consistant.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:48 PM   #23
firefighter1

Drives: 625 rwhp red jewel ss COTW 11-8-10
This is what the camaro should be from factory. It is a beast just laying in wait. Mine drives so smooth, but when you open it up, you will turn heads a block away. Take a few friends for a ride and they will be looking for an "oh shit handle" in no time. It will throw you into the seat, and hold you there. Imagine holding down the gas pedal and having horsepower through all the gears. I've had 572 in a street rod and it never felt like this does. I don't have all the suspension mods yet, but this car still hooks up. It will take time, but you can learn to drive it with limited tire spin. It's a fun ride, worth every penny I spent.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:52 PM   #24
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownChevy View Post
Guys, I cannot stress our sincere appreciation of your support enough! Thank you very much for your business and compliments, it makes what we do all worth it at the end of the day.
It's almost like I started a marketing thread for you guys! but really it seems like you have a great product for the 2SS.

Can you recommend any installers in the DC/MD/VA area, any shops that you consider certified installers of the TVS2300?

Glad all the guys and gals are posting their experiences, good positive thread IMO.

Thanks
Old 06-13-2010, 09:52 PM   #25
tandtperformance

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2011 PACE CAR 2012 ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to tandtperformance
hey john come on up here and drive my shop camaro with a maggie on it and by the way i have 9 maggies in stock and 1 has your name on it
tandtperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:58 PM   #26
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandtperformance View Post
hey john come on up here and drive my shop camaro with a maggie on it and by the way i have 9 maggies in stock and 1 has your name on it
Will take you up on that one day Tim, haven't talked to you in a while and glad to know that you have been putting on more and more of these maggie units...last time we spoke I think you were on your 3rd SS build, keep up the good work!
Old 06-13-2010, 10:02 PM   #27
tandtperformance

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2011 PACE CAR 2012 ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to tandtperformance
drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JProberts View Post
Will take you up on that one day Tim, haven't talked to you in a while and glad to know that you have been putting on more and more of these maggie units...last time we spoke I think you were on your 3rd SS build, keep up the good work!
ok well just let me know if you want to see what the diff would be just come on up and take mine for a ride

ps we meaning a few cars plus mine that we have done work on will be at the local drag strip this coming friday come hang out with us and see are work first hand
tandtperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:04 PM   #28
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandtperformance View Post
ok well just let me know if you want to see what the diff would be just come on up and take mine for a ride

ps we meaning a few cars plus mine that we have done work on will be at the local drag strip this coming friday come hang out with us and see are work first hand
What drag strip would that be?