Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-20-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
Bob
coffeemanbob

Drives: 4Malibus,Z28.....back when!
Smile USB Still a problem

Well my beautiful Victory Red 2ss/rs officially turned one last week and after 4 attempts at FIXING iPOD from jumping back to radio mode I'm pissed but doesn't do any good! Anybody have a fix?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:56 AM   #2
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
I'm really sorry to hear that you've tried multiple times to fix the iPod functionality in your Camaro. Are these 4 fixes dealer attempts at getting it fixed? Do you happen to know what version of software you have installed in your Camaro? While listening to the iPod press and hold the Menu button for 5 seconds to see what it says for SW version. Hopefully we can get you up and running soon.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #3
Bob
coffeemanbob

The Version I have is as follows:
HW ID : CC
SW ID : CE

Think this is the problem? My local dealer was shut down so I went to the GMC/Cadillac dealer who assured me they would check the version!?
Thanks for your help.
Please advise.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:59 AM   #4
codeman71
GM Employee

Thanks Bob. You do have the latest software available for your vehicle. That software update was supposed to fix the problem that you are having. I just want to verify the issue that you are having - whenever you turn the car on with your iPod connected, it ALWAYS switches to iPod, even if you were last listening to FM? Might be an issue with the hardware itself rather than the software if you are still seeing this issue. Let me know if that is what you are seeing and I'll find out what we can do.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:30 AM   #5
Dmactampa
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS Black on Black
Mine does the same thing. And yesterday I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a way to run apps like Pandora through the stereo because I cant stop play on the iPod. There isn't a pause button available on the car stereo so when I plug in my iPhone it goes straight to the iPod and that's it. Am I missing something?
Dmactampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:11 AM   #6
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
Thanks Bob. You do have the latest software available for your vehicle. That software update was supposed to fix the problem that you are having. I just want to verify the issue that you are having - whenever you turn the car on with your iPod connected, it ALWAYS switches to iPod, even if you were last listening to FM? Might be an issue with the hardware itself rather than the software if you are still seeing this issue. Let me know if that is what you are seeing and I'll find out what we can do.
Not to hijack this thread, but I have a similar issue.. Most of the time my ipod connects and turns on every time i start my car, but sometimes it takes me Shutting the engine off and opening the driver's door and restarting the vehicle to get the car to recognize the Ipod or even Aux. When changing source, It goes from AM to FM to XM then back to AM etc.

What could be the issue??
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:13 PM   #7
Brownhornitt

Drives: 2006 White Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmactampa View Post
Mine does the same thing. And yesterday I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a way to run apps like Pandora through the stereo because I cant stop play on the iPod. There isn't a pause button available on the car stereo so when I plug in my iPhone it goes straight to the iPod and that's it. Am I missing something?
You have to play Pandora through the 1/8" aux input. It's not an mp3 that can go through the USB.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:01 PM   #8
Bob
coffeemanbob

Ipod/Radio

I could be listening to the ipod and I'll change to a different artist when it jumps to the radio mode and it won't let me back in the ipod mode ....UNLESS I unplug it and plug it back in than it will work again.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:44 PM   #9
codeman71
GM Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
I could be listening to the ipod and I'll change to a different artist when it jumps to the radio mode and it won't let me back in the ipod mode ....UNLESS I unplug it and plug it back in than it will work again.
OK I see. So you are describing a bug that exists in the system now. We are working on a new software release which should fix this problem. We are currently planning on a late July release. I'll keep everyone posted when I know more.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:46 PM   #10
codeman71
GM Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmactampa View Post
You could use the Aux jack as suggested, or else use the Bluetooth connection on your iPhone - as long as it's 3G or newer. You can set it up by pressing CD/AUX until you get to the Aux Jack screen and then press the menu button. Follow the menus to set up a new connection to your iPhone and you should be able to stream Pandora wirelessly.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #11
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Did you miss my post a few above Codeman??
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #12
Bob
coffeemanbob

Look forward to the correction.
Thanks
Bob
Old 06-27-2010, 08:18 AM   #13
codeman71
GM Employee

Sorry about that! That is another bug that should be resolved with this update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
Did you miss my post a few above Codeman??

Old 06-27-2010, 08:25 AM   #14
motor1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/M6.....no longer
If I have a 1SS and want to stream Pandora with my phone via Bluetooth what components would I need to install? Thanks.
motor1 is offline   Reply With Quote