Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #1
BriCo84

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT w/RS
Synergy Green 2010 owners, need advice

I really wanted to pull the trigger on a 2010 Synergy Green special edition but it was missing something I really wanted, the HID headlights. I have seen how people have modded their lights from aacstyle to get the green halo's and green fogs, but they don't talk about the actual headlights. Have any of you synergy green owners modded your headlights by putting in HID. If so how much, how complicated, and how do they look compared to the stock RS ones? Thanks
BriCo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #2
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
I'm not a synergy owner, but I know you have a couple options.

1. you can put a bi-xenon kit into your halogen housing. I can't remember if AAC has it or BFXenon or both. But it's a plug and play kit and very easy to install by all accounts. I think they're typically a couple hundred bucks.

2. you can swap out the entire halogen housing for the HID housing by either buying the RS lights from GM or you might be able to find some used ones. I believe Ottobody (a member on here) was selling/making a kit that you could buy everything from them, lights, harness et al. This would probably run you into 4 figures though.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
BriCo84

the bi-xenon kit is not real HID though right? I have aftermarket xenon lights in my car right now and they are no where near as good as the real HID system.

Any actual SG Owners done this yet?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:34 AM   #4
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
just wait for the 2011 SG RS?..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
BriCo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
just wait for the 2011 SG RS?..
I was planning on it but apparently it won't come with the interior extras, meaning the green stitching all around. I know it sounds insifnificant but that's one of the things that really sold me on the synergy green in the first place...I also like the fact that you get the leather wrapped sterring wheel (other one feels cheap and weird) but you get cloth seats (too hot in miami for the leather seats)
Old 06-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriCo84 View Post
the bi-xenon kit is not real HID though right? I have aftermarket xenon lights in my car right now and they are no where near as good as the real HID system.

Any actual SG Owners done this yet?

I had the Bi-Xenon HIDs installed on my daughter's Synergy. They are real HIDs with ballast and all.

They were installed when AAC did all the other lighting. They work and look great. It allows you to keep the retro housing and get the HIDs. The stock RS are only about 4800k and not as intense.

Your correct about the 2011. They are not the Synergy Package.... just the outside color.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:51 AM   #7
BriCo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
I had the Bi-Xenon HIDs installed on my daughter's Synergy. They are real HIDs with ballast and all.

They were installed when AAC did all the other lighting.

Your correct about the 2011. They are not the Synergy Package.... just the outside color.
I am in talks with AAC about doing my mods (since I live in Miami, FL though it isn't as easy as dropping off and then picking up my car, and I am not too thrilled about the idea of messing around with a brand new car myself). Did you mod the interior ambient lighting to be green? I am talking about the blue light strips on the doors....that would be pretty badass
Old 06-23-2010, 10:57 AM   #8
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriCo84 View Post
I am in talks with AAC about doing my mods (since I live in Miami, FL though it isn't as easy as dropping off and then picking up my car, and I am not too thrilled about the idea of messing around with a brand new car myself). Did you mod the interior ambient lighting to be green? I am talking about the blue light strips on the doors....that would be pretty badass
The Synergy Package has green ambient lighting in the doors. I also had AAC do the LED green dome lighting, trunk lighting, and footwell lighting. They also installed LED license plate light and afterburners.

Here is a video they ahot after install....

Only other item added after the video is sequential blinkers.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:01 AM   #9
BriCo84

[QUOTE=Shuffler;2017469]The Synergy Package has green ambient lighting in the doors. I also had AAC do the LED green dome lighting, trunk lighting, and footwell lighting. They also installed LED license plate light and afterburners.

Oh man, stupid Chevy. I specifically asked them about that (can't see anything in person because dealerships are only open during daylight hours...) and they said no, it has the blue ambient lighting that all the camaros have . I was thinking at the time, well that's pretty stupid, they went all out to make everything green accented but use blue lighting? So thats just 1 more reason I want to get the 2010 special edition with aftermarket lighting instead of waiting for a 2011 exterior paint job with RS package and no interior accents
Old 06-24-2010, 09:03 AM   #10
BriCo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
The Synergy Package has green ambient lighting in the doors. I also had AAC do the LED green dome lighting, trunk lighting, and footwell lighting. They also installed LED license plate light and afterburners.

Here is a video they ahot after install....

Only other item added after the video is sequential blinkers.
@Shuffler, I am very confused here. I contacted Chevy AGAIN and this what they told me after supposedly double and triple checking this information because I told them what you had told me.

"Monica T: The interior of this package includes Jet Black cloth with Synergy Green accent stitching on the seats, steering
wheel, armrests and center console. The Synergy Green color is also present in the instrument and door panel
inserts. The door panel inserts include the ice-blue LED light pipe that is traditionally found only with the
leather interior models. Completing the interior package is the leather-wrapped steering wheel with redundant
radio controls; Bluetooth®; and USB port in the center console."

so you are telling me they are wrong and that the door lighting is green and not ice-blue? or you took it somewhere and they changed it for you?

sorry to question what you said earlier but I am just really confused because I am getting conflicting information from you and chevy (although I am more inclined to believe you)

Thanks in advance for your help.

any other synergy green owners wanna weigh in that would be great
Old 06-24-2010, 09:42 AM   #11
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

The Synergy package has green ambient lighting on the door. The top of the panels will be lit with green light when lights are on.

Easy to check even during daylight. Simply turn lights on and cup hands over the top of the panel in one section and look.

The sales person is wrong.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #12
BriCo84

Awesome. Thanks Shuffler for the clear response. Clearly the chevy person is a moron.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:26 AM   #13
dzinity28

Drives: 2010 Synergy Special Edition
If you want to get technical the light is a blue led,but it is behind the green panel.So at night it gives off a green light.Here is a pic....don't know how much you can tell from this pic.
Attached Images

dzinity28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #14
BriCo84

@dzinity, thanks that's somewhat helpful (the pic) but very helpful technical wise. So do you think it would look better if it was replaced with a green light or is that unneccesary because it already looks very green? (like you said, hard to tell from the pic)