Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #85
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Well.... I do not yet have my Camaro, but I can relate to this thread b/c people seem to love me universally. I get comments all the time. Take this recent Monday afternoon for example:

I was taking a Pre Owned Suburban to the gas station b/c it was literally running on fumes. My boss thought I should just get a gas can, and put a few bucks in before taking her out on the road.

I wasn't having any of that however. "What's the worst that could happen?", I said. The gas station is literally 20' away. Well, as soon as I hit Rt. 355 she stalled and died, turning the three lanes or northbound traffic into two, erm ok... one and three quarters lanes.

Everyone seems to just slow down and stare at me in amazement, a few even went so far as to honk the horn as they drove by, letting know how they appreciated me. One nice man even rolled down his passenger window offering me some verbal encouragement in moving the SUV. That was cool of him, as he didn't need to do that. Although he might have mistaken this fine machine w/ someone elses as this was no peice of $*#!

Well, I ended up calling my GSM on my cell, and five other salesmen assisted me in relocating the Suburban from traffic, back onto the apron of the dealership. "Nice work, Frank!" They all said. It was a consensus! Everyone driving were most joyus upon this and many salutes were offered. One guy must have mistaken me for a friend of his named a hole, or something like that.... I just waved and said, "no, my name is Frank, thanks for driving in Rockville!"
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #86
Cro

Drives: Raincheck on that one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
One guy must have mistaken me for a friend of his named a hole, or something like that....
Yeah my wife always mistakes me for that guy
Cro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #87
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I've had lots of great comments.

I think the one that stands out was on a road trip I took through Canada. I was on Route 3 heading westbound. This highway has very little traffic. I had just passed through a very small town with a speed limit of 40kph or so. There were no cars, and it was clear in all directions. I passed two kids, probably 7-8 years old each, who were standing by the road in a field with their bikes.

They saw my car and excitedly yelled for me to burn off as I passed them.

There was no traffic and I rarely do this, but I figured I'd make their day. I stopped, turned off T/C and laid a patch for about 60 yards or so.

Through the smoke I could see them jumping up and down cheering.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #88
U8NT1STURLAST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS Black on Black
My favorite comments have been: "It's the Batmobile!!!!" and a state trooper pulled me over for no front plate and said "Nice car, I don't blame you for not having a front plate, but get one on as soon as you can. Have a nice day." No warning, no ticket!!!

U8NT1STURLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:06 PM   #89
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by U8NT1STURLAST View Post
My favorite comments have been: "It's the Batmobile!!!!" and a state trooper pulled me over for no front plate and said "Nice car, I don't blame you for not having a front plate, but get one on as soon as you can. Have a nice day." No warning, no ticket!!!

Are those painted upgrade aluminum rims? I'm looking at doing black rims myself with a tint of silver mixed in there. Just need to find the right way to do it.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:05 AM   #90
bigted83
They call me captain slow

Drives: 2010 camaro lt
How hot does black on black get in the summer?
bigted83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:17 AM   #91
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
Best comment? It's Mine!!
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:25 AM   #92
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
"At least it's not a Mustang... You can't throw a rock without hitting one..." from a shop owner that works on a lot of Mustangs
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:40 AM   #93
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted83 View Post
I put a jug of water on my seat and then went to the car in the late afternoon after temperatures reached 103+... the water was still cool. The paint or body itself gets warm but the interior seems to stay pretty cool on my black Camaro.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:45 AM   #94
Camarorss350
camaro blogger

Drives: 2010 Black on Black SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Camarorss350
it gets hot. but it cools down in a few minutes with the AC on. I honestly dont think it matters what color you have, its going to get hot as hell in the summer! hahaha
Camarorss350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:50 AM   #95
SSRSLY
Lady Racer

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted83 View Post
It's a common misconception that the color of a car's exterior affects the interior temperature. The biggest factors are the windows, as they're really the only thing that lets heat inside the car. Interior color will play a factor in an untinted car, thus window tinting is the #1 way to reduce interior temperatures - California should take note! We have 3M thermal tint in our Camaro, it blocks thermal rays as well as visible light so it keeps the interior MUCH cooler than just standard tint.

2014 Ford F150 Tremor
2012 Shelby GT500
SSRSLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #96
SS Blue Betty RS
Amber

Drives: 2010 1SS RS Camaro w/ crazy exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by wylde1 View Post
and Blue Betty.... If only I were a single man
haha well it hasn't worked for anyone so far, seeing as how I remain single...
ahhhh...you love birds! Everyone has their other! It's the season!
Old 07-22-2010, 09:50 AM   #97
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
I think it's Prii (Pre-eye), like octopus is octopi. One is about as hideous as the other.
I was just thinking this on the drive in to work this AM...LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
Well.... I do not yet have my Camaro, but I can relate to this thread b/c people seem to love me universally. I get comments all the time. Take this recent Monday afternoon for example:

I was taking a Pre Owned Suburban to the gas station b/c it was literally running on fumes. My boss thought I should just get a gas can, and put a few bucks in before taking her out on the road.

I wasn't having any of that however. "What's the worst that could happen?", I said. The gas station is literally 20' away. Well, as soon as I hit Rt. 355 she stalled and died, turning the three lanes or northbound traffic into two, erm ok... one and three quarters lanes.

Everyone seems to just slow down and stare at me in amazement, a few even went so far as to honk the horn as they drove by, letting know how they appreciated me. One nice man even rolled down his passenger window offering me some verbal encouragement in moving the SUV. That was cool of him, as he didn't need to do that. Although he might have mistaken this fine machine w/ someone elses as this was no peice of $*#!

Well, I ended up calling my GSM on my cell, and five other salesmen assisted me in relocating the Suburban from traffic, back onto the apron of the dealership. "Nice work, Frank!" They all said. It was a consensus! Everyone driving were most joyus upon this and many salutes were offered. One guy must have mistaken me for a friend of his named a hole, or something like that.... I just waved and said, "no, my name is Frank, thanks for driving in Rockville!"

Funniest post so far today that I have seen!!
Old 07-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #98
OrangeSS
Southern Gentleman.

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Blue Betty RS View Post
haha well it hasn't worked for anyone so far, seeing as how I remain single...
ahhhh...you love birds! Everyone has their other! It's the season!
If only I lived near OH...