Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Vote for the ugliest Camaro color
Rally Yellow 175 16.49%
White 122 11.50%
Red 63 5.94%
Silver Ice Metallic 97 9.14%
Red jewel Tintcoat 101 9.52%
Aqua Blue Metallic 120 11.31%
Black 54 5.09%
Cyber Gray Metallic 79 7.45%
Inferno Orange Metallic 138 13.01%
Imperial Blue Metallic 112 10.56%
Voters: 1061. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2010, 10:48 PM   #155
Risquee
Camaro Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Transformer SE
The first 2010 Camaro I saw up close was the IOM SS sitting in the dealer showroom. The colour did NOTHING for me It belonged on a Dodge as far as I was concerned. The first 5th Gen I saw on the road was Rally Yellow. It passed me going the opposite way on the highway and I almost did the whole exorcist thing with my head as it went by. I was not a fan of yellow on any car but I thought "Damn that colour looks good on that car!"
We were planning to order our Camaro and I originally wanted the CGM or Black. Then we bought the blue truck so I thought maybe a nice ABM instead. The day I took my truck in for an oil change they had a Synergy Green Camaro sitting at the front of the lot, the first one I had ever seen. I thought "WOW that's different!" I planned to look it over as I waited for the truck. But as I walked through the showroom out to the lot there was Bee sitting in the middle of the showroom, and I was DONE! The yellow looked beautiful! The clincher was it was a real Transformer Edition. We bought the car the next day.
A year ago if someone said you will own a yellow Camaro, I would have laughed my ass off. Now I wouldn't own anything else. They see me coming, and I like it!
Purchase Date: 6/4/2010
Risquee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:52 PM   #156
zerox

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Bumblebee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risquee View Post
The first 2010 Camaro I saw up close was the IOM SS sitting in the dealer showroom. The colour did NOTHING for me It belonged on a Dodge as far as I was concerned. The first 5th Gen I saw on the road was Rally Yellow. It passed me going the opposite way on the highway and I almost did the whole exorcist thing with my head as it went by. I was not a fan of yellow on any car but I thought "Damn that colour looks good on that car!"
We were planning to order our Camaro and I originally wanted the CGM or Black. Then we bought the blue truck so I thought maybe a nice ABM instead. The day I took my truck in for an oil change they had a Synergy Green Camaro sitting at the front of the lot, the first one I had ever seen. I thought "WOW that's different!" I planned to look it over as I waited for the truck. But as I walked through the showroom out to the lot there was Bee sitting in the middle of the showroom, and I was DONE! The yellow looked beautiful! The clincher was it was a real Transformer Edition. We bought the car the next day.
A year ago if someone said you will own a yellow Camaro, I would have laughed my ass off. Now I wouldn't own anything else. They see me coming, and I like it!
Well put, exactly how I felt, I never cared for yellow and it looks terrible on some cars. But it just suits the 5th gen camaro. Everyone I talk to says almost the same thing. BUT IMO the stripes have a HUGE impact on the look. Without the stripes the car looks funny. Weird how that works for me
Old 07-22-2010, 11:04 PM   #157
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
No color would ever be ugly on a New Camaro. The lines of that car would so flatter even the ugliet color in the world color that the color would become beautiful.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:20 PM   #158
Risquee
Camaro Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Transformer SE
I just saw a yellow one with no stripes the other day. I had to shield my eyes from the nakedness. LOL
Purchase Date: 6/4/2010
Risquee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:52 PM   #159
Pumpkin1LT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Here in our SATX C5 group we have every Camaro color represented...and they ALL look HOT HOT HOT! Can't say that ANY of these colors are the WORST. I, personally, got IOM because Orange is my FAVORITE color....simple as that.

A happy wife is one in the garage getting dirty under her 2010 Camaro!
Pumpkin1LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:51 AM   #160
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
The only color that would be ugly on the Camaro would be "Mustang"... if it were a color! :P
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:45 AM   #161
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
IMO the IOM looks too red....only reason I got SIM instead of IOM.
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:07 AM   #162
NJP56

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/ RS Package A6
There is no ugly Camaro color. I cannot vote
NJP56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:10 AM   #163
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5THGENRS View Post
I second that. All i have to say is............IOM RULES!!!
I always thought about owning a car with a unique color..... and i came up with a 02 trans am, orange with black stripes. Then i thought there is no way ill probably ever do that. Well fast forward a few years, well i was right, it wasnt with a trans am, it was with a camaro Funny thing is after owning it since Mar. 1st id pick IOM ALL OVER AGAIN. i fell in love with it, even more than the burnt orange that dodge has. In the beginning i was hoping it would look like the burnt color, now im glad it isnt. The color is unique and all itself and the comments on the color are

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:04 AM   #164
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Camaro Colors

To each their own as far as personal choice goes..........

I'd refer back to one posters reasoning for their dislike of the color white.

In jest........."The White Camaro's looks too BIG and as though it takes up two lanes".........What a great compliment......and thats one reason I like White the most.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:25 AM   #165
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
GM needs to kill off IBM now! I don't know what kind of person would want that nasty paint on such a beautiful car. Kill it Chevy....KILL IT!

That will just make mine rare;-)
Ha ha
I did not want to stand out on the e way .
All colors are cool.

IBM is the best.
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:38 PM   #166
tangorover

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT Summit White
I cant believe people hate white!!! :(
tangorover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #167
Camarorss350
camaro blogger

Drives: 2010 Black on Black SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Camarorss350
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangorover View Post
I cant believe people hate white!!! :(
Its all opinion... everyone has a different view... i personally love white with black accents... hockey stripes, ss stripes, things of that sort.

I respect the Orange combo too, its just too classic to hate!
Camarorss350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #168
Downwithopp

Drives: 2010 Black SS
I love the whole White + Blacked out look. I almost regret getting black after seeing some of the White Camaros on here, although I'm still more then happy with my choice .

Cyber Grey, both blues, and IOM are great looking.

I can't get into either of the Reds, or Rally Yellow. I didn't buy the car so I could get 20 million comments on how I drive Bumblebee or whatever, and all the super bright colors (minus IOM) just feel like they belong on Lambos/Ferraris/etc.
Downwithopp is offline   Reply With Quote