Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #113
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
I have to give credit to my little hyper 4 year old. He knows when it comes to cars not to be a nasty little booger.

He knows no food, not to walk on the seats, not to rub anything on the car (inside or out). He was at his first car show last week and I only had to say it once to not touch the cars and he listened. Other than that the little hell raiser is a total menace . He knows not to disrespect anybodies car.

I was at one show and this dad was letting the kids write on some paper. The kids were using a 77 fixed up camaro as the a desk.
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:11 PM   #114
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan View Post
Went to get my first oil change today at the dealer. Sat down in the waiting area, looked outside and noticed two little girls looking at my car. Figured it was cool until they started pressing there fingers and face on my windows. Then tried to open up the car and my gas tank door. I yelled at them and told them to get away from my car, they ran off to the front of the building no parents in sight. A few minutes later I see the little girl with I supose her mother peeking around the corner giving me dirty looks like i was doing something wrong. I just left it at that. I don't know if i'm geting old and grumpy but people have been getting on my nerves...I'm only 31...I just think some parents need to keep a better eye on there kids.
Hmmm well I am the same age as you so you are not getting old, lol. There was a kid at the car show touching people's cars. They went to touch mine, and I just looked up at the parents and made a "Are you kidding me?" and a "really?" expression. They then scolded their kids. I would not yell at the kids, I would ask them nicely, if they continued to keep touching the car then say something to their parents nicely. If they want to be jerks and rude after that, well then they are wrong. But you are right, some parents need to keep an eye on their kids better. They just don't know any better.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #115
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGriffin78 View Post
HBut you are right, some parents need to keep an eye on their kids better. They just don't know any better.

Don't think they don't know better. Kids test boundaries to see what they can get away with.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #116
BrianGriffin78

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinzon View Post
You people are all experts huh ?

My favorite is the poeple that give advice and don't have children.

FWIW It is just car guys.... OMG some kid touched your window...relax man it just a car.

once again it is threads like this............
So if a kid touches your car and say has a rock in his hand and sratches it, you are ok with that?
Old 08-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #117
Berean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGriffin78 View Post
So if a kid touches your car and say has a rock in his hand and sratches it, you are ok with that?

Sure he is. It's just a car.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #118
BrianGriffin78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
LOL!
Old 08-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #119
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
Perhaps it is not only young children today that do not respect the property of others. Perhaps it is also their parents fault. I am a Boomer, a professor, and deal with 'helicopter' parents making excuses for their 20 year old "child" for poor performance in school and wanting me to give exceptions. I have had parents of my 20 year old students lie to me regarding reasons for their sons or daughters poor performance. Yes, I am old school. Take personal responsibility for your achievements as well as your failures.
There are not that many children living in my high-rise apartment building. Yet yearly, when I park my 1998 Riviera in the underground parking garage for the winter (late Nov.-late April), never fails some adults feel the need starting late Feb. to write "wash me" in the dust that accumulates while the Riviera is parked during the winter months. In Ontario late Feb., I would suggest their cars are covered with road salt but adults think it is cleaver to make social comments on my clean but dusty pearl white Riviera.
There was a time when people respected others property. Those times are long past. Lack of respect for others property started with new parents about 30 years ago. Today, some young adults learn they do not have to respect the property of others, they learned that from their parents. I am embarrassed to say their parents might have been Boomers, like myself, raised to respect others. Those parents never educated their children to respect others, never educated their children to take responsibility for their actions.
My comment to this thread is only from my experience as a textbook author considered having some international insight on generational differences.
Hope I can go 12 months before my 2011 Camaro is Keyed (LOL)!
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:19 PM   #120
shinzon
Night Fury

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
Maybe I would be. Depends on the scenario.

2014 Black ZL1 - Toothless -
Previous Lovers :2014 1LE , 2010 2SS RS,2004 GTO, 2000 Camaro SS x 2
shinzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:06 PM   #121
Berean

Quote:
Maybe I would be. Depends on the scenario.

There is no scenario under which it becomes something other than just a car.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #122
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:

FWIW It is just car guys.... OMG some kid touched your window...relax man it just a car.

once again it is threads like this............
People get shot in Texas for less than that
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:02 PM   #123
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
Quote:
But it's my car. If you want to fingerf'k a car, there's plenty on the lot - get the hell away from mine.

Yet if they asked...
mastertypodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:28 AM   #124
dmiller66
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: '13 2SS/RS, Blue Ray Metallic, Auto
Well, in these days, all you have to do is yell at a kid and then some ambulance chasing lawyer tries to sue you for "interfering with the curiosity of a minor"...
dmiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:17 AM   #125
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
people need to get a handle on there kids, i will scare the shit out of them i bet they wont mess with anybody's car anymore. my kids know better. and its NOT just a car its a $40,000 reward and reminder of the years of waking up early everyday to go sweat, bleed and wear yourself out at work for !!!

Magnuson TVS2300,ported heads,cam,Hotchkis suspension. Weld 17”s, Mickey Thompson’s.
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #126
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Amen folks! Yep, I'm a grump 36year old...I've seen stuff done to the cars in my family, and it burns my butt to no end. We lived in an apartment complex a few years back and one of the kid's bikes must have fallen down across the door of my wife's Corsica and left a gash in the paint at least 12inches long. Yea, it was just a Corsica, but do you think anyone claimed responsibility for the damage? We even asked the parents point blank but they took no responsibility AND THEY LIVED IN THE SAME BUILDING AS US!!! And I knew the little girl was riding her bike in the lot near the cars less than 1/2 hour before we found the scrape.

I've already yelled at (talked loudly to) my 5year old about respecting other people's cars and property. I remind her often about it, and I think she gets it. I don't want her to be one of those ungrateful little ingrates. I learned respect as a child and even back then it pissed me off to no end to see others who didn't think the same as I did, and there was nothing I could do about it. My folks would tell me "well, they are just jealous." or "they don't understand", or the best "they are not raised as good as you." and they were right! Now they they've grown, they didn't get it then, they still don't get it now, so their kids won't get it either...and it makes me sad.

Yep, this is a rant...the whole thread is. It's good to know that some of us are trying to instill a feeling of respect in our children. I'm trying, and I think it's working. She was really good at the car show a few weekends ago. But when you look around in society to find politicians, movie starts, and "respected" athletes getting away with murder (yes, I'm talking about you Ted Kennedy and OJ, hope you like hell) and lying, and drugs, and all kinds of immoral stuff, is it any wonder why our society just doesn't seem to care anymore?