Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #15
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dack View Post
Hey guys, I recently (yesterday) dropped off my SS for a new steering wheel (old one had a washboard effect on the top of it) and for a missing rear bumper/quarterpanel bolt. I had ordered the parts through warranty a couple weeks ago but couldn't get it done until now. I called Tuesday, said I wanted a service appt. for my steering wheel and bolt. The service manager said Wednesday morning. So I drop it off Wednesday at 8 and the guy says "in for a oil change I see..." I said "no, just the steering wheel and bolt. He writes that down and I go to work, get off and get to the shop about 5:30 pm. The service guy gives me my key and says it'll be $77. I said uh, what for? He said the oil change. I said I didn't ask for a oil change, only the steering wheel and bolt. It felt awkward for a bit and he didn't suggest anything so I said I'd come back in a few days to pay for it. Only I don't think that I should have to pay the full price. I never asked for a oil change and was going to do it myself since it's obviously cheaper. Should I feel obligated to pay the $77?

Also, I hop in my car and see the plastic on the steering wheel and I think to myself "this will be nice, a new wheel". About to tear off the wrap I look at the stitching and it's inferno orange, not the gray that is the rest of the car and the original wheel. I go back in and the guy says he'll write a note to the service manager and I told him I'd be willing to keep the plastic on the wheel 'til I got a different one. There goes another day of driving due to a swap out.

Any input would be appreciated... Thanks.
at my dealership, i go in with a problem, it all gets typed out, i review the paper, and i sign it. this way there is documentation of what's being done, and i don't get stuck paying for anything that wasn't agreed to.
KeepItGreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:15 PM   #16
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
i would not pay in fact i would demand they re do the oil for free and tell them you only use brand x oil and are pissed they would change the oil when you clearly said you didnt want their inferior oil in your engine....
Old 08-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #17
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I used to be a service manager and if you didn't ask for it then it's on them not you. there mistake, they pay period!!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #18
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
I would not pay for any oil change that wasnt asked for. Definitely make them get the right wheel though.
+1
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #19
Danprh427

Drives: 2010 Camaro
it has to be the service as a tech doing an oil change isnt the higest paying thing or something you love to do i rather not do them so it had to be put on that ticket by someone doing the paper work and its their fault.
Danprh427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #20
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Ask them if they have it in writing that you wanted an oil change.

I have to sign a work statement describing what the chevy dealer is going to perform before anything is done.

I would not pay or be expected to pay for unauthorized service.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #21
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus328 View Post
Ask for the service manager. Tell them you specifically said you did not want an oil change. And after being jerked around with the steering wheel issue the very least they could do is throw it in even if you did. If he plays hardball tell him you're going to file a complaint with GM and the BBB, and then make sure you see through with it.
Winner Winner...chicken dinner!!!!
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #22
Maverickhpr

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2LT RS
Don't pay for the oil change especially since the jacked you around for the wheel you know they just took it off another camaro hoping you would not notice and also start looking for a new dealership they might be morons
Old 08-12-2010, 05:22 PM   #23
sangerbanger58

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT/RS
Man at the dealership I went 2 I paid x amount of money and now have up 2 30 oil changes for free
sangerbanger58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #24
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
I'd remind them - you know I'm going to get a survey from General Motors on how satisfied I am with your service. You have one opportunity to get the correct steering wheel and remove the unrequested service charge. Your choice on how you handle it, which will influence where my next vehicle will be purchased.

fking morons.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #25
IamJacksCamaro

Drives: Camaro LS M6, Fiero, Ford F100
I would go to another dealership after this is resolved.
IamJacksCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #26
BRKLYN
Account Suspended

Drives: 98 C-5, Chev/Venture, VTX1300
Does Moe, Larry and Curly work there? Lol! Let the service advisor pay for your oil change.
BRKLYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:45 PM   #27
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus328 View Post
Ask for the service manager. Tell them you specifically said you did not want an oil change. And after being jerked around with the steering wheel issue the very least they could do is throw it in even if you did. If he plays hardball tell him you're going to file a complaint with GM and the BBB, and then make sure you see through with it.

And wait a minute - $77 for an oil change!!???
That wouldn't be too bad of a price for an oil change on the SS, if that had been what he took the car in for. Lil buggers use 8-9 quarts of Mobil 1

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #28
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
hmmm.....do you have proof they really did an oil change?? Sounds a bit weird to me -- esp with the wrong color wheel thing...

they could just be idiots I guess...LOL
+1 Ask for a copy of the service request and make sure it doesn't say Oil Change on there. My only guess is that you called and they scheduled it that way, or some other such silliness and when you went in it got crossed off but still on the invoice so they did it.

That's all on them. Was your car due an oil change? They may have determined that based on the VIN or other means. But either way, they should own up to it. The steering wheel needs to be replaced and the oil change not paid for by you. If they refuse, tell them you'll call GM directly and to wait a minute. Step out into the hallways and make the call and they should sort it out.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote