Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-26-2010, 04:32 PM   #463
Camaro Freak

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markal View Post
Hey SummitWhiteLS,
If you drive through water that high....even with an AirRaid....the exhaust tubes would be flooded/plugged and cause the engine to stall. The InGen CAI is higher than the exhaust tubes. Plug up your exhaust tubes and see what happens.....stall, stall, stall. So...what exactly is you argument???? Don't drive through high water.....in ANY CAR...its that simple.
+1 I agree
Old 07-26-2010, 04:45 PM   #464
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markal View Post
Hey SummitWhiteLS,
If you drive through water that high....even with an AirRaid....the exhaust tubes would be flooded/plugged and cause the engine to stall. The InGen CAI is higher than the exhaust tubes. Plug up your exhaust tubes and see what happens.....stall, stall, stall. So...what exactly is you argument???? Don't drive through high water.....in ANY CAR...its that simple.
Ever seen a car launch a boat when it backs down the ramp and the exhaust is under water? It doesn't stall.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:00 PM   #465
merlin803

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro 2SS
Living in Michigan, you never know when you may be stuck plowing through a foot of snow, lol (and no, I don't have a truck or a winter beater, this isn't a Ferarri, I bought it to drive year round..)

That being said, it doesn't sound like there is much of a chance of running into a problem, I just am not going to risk it personally with the weather we have in my area for maybe a 2 or 3 hp gain over a CAI that doesn't have the added risk.
merlin803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #466
Camaro Freak

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin803 View Post
Living in Michigan, you never know when you may be stuck plowing through a foot of snow, lol (and no, I don't have a truck or a winter beater, this isn't a Ferarri, I bought it to drive year round..)

That being said, it doesn't sound like there is much of a chance of running into a problem, I just am not going to risk it personally with the weather we have in my area for maybe a 2 or 3 hp gain over a CAI that doesn't have the added risk.
Well, here is what Ted form Jannettey Racing had to say on the suject and I totally agree----

I don't think Hydrolocking is as much of a concern as I am reading here.

You Must Fully submerse the whole filter in water with the engine running.

In other words you have to drive in to a Lake, in that case I don't think you would be worried about hydrolocking.

Ted.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #467
merlin803

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Freak View Post
Well, here is what Ted form Jannettey Racing had to say on the suject and I totally agree----

I don't think Hydrolocking is as much of a concern as I am reading here.

You Must Fully submerse the whole filter in water with the engine running.

In other words you have to drive in to a Lake, in that case I don't think you would be worried about hydrolocking.

Ted.
That is probably true and I can understand why some are making the purchase, but just for me personally, even if it is just a 1% chance then I am not willing to risk it over 2-3 HP that I quite frankly wouldn't notice over an Airaid or CAI that is also easier to install and remove if needed.

The bigger risk, in my mind at least, is getting a cranky service tech that wants to blame it for an engine problem that isn't even related. I know that they have to PROVE it caused the problem but would it be worth having to go to court, get a lawyer....etc?

Like I said, just a personal preference on my part, the risk is probably minimal.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #468
viper1cobra
Member Club Elite #131

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary H50 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin803 View Post
That is probably true and I can understand why some are making the purchase, but just for me personally, even if it is just a 1% chance then I am not willing to risk it over 2-3 HP that I quite frankly wouldn't notice over an Airaid or CAI that is also easier to install and remove if needed.

The bigger risk, in my mind at least, is getting a cranky service tech that wants to blame it for an engine problem that isn't even related. I know that they have to PROVE it caused the problem but would it be worth having to go to court, get a lawyer....etc?

Like I said, just a personal preference on my part, the risk is probably minimal.
The only part of your warranty that they can deny if your MAF Sensor. That is the only part that is being affected by the CAI.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #469
merlin803

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1cobra View Post
The only part of your warranty that they can deny if your MAF Sensor. That is the only part that is being affected by the CAI.
They couldn't say the "modified" CAI caused any number of engine, sensor...etc problems?

I think that they could "say" it caused any problem that they wanted to, whether it is true or not.

Again, probably only a minimal chance that you would have any issues at all but its just not for me.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #470
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS & 1999 Corvette
or you could just find a "mod" friendly dealership.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #471
merlin803

Quote:
Originally Posted by kga10734 View Post
or you could just find a "mod" friendly dealership.
True! I have to get me one of those!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:55 PM   #472
viper1cobra
Member Club Elite #131

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary H50 2SS
I have had numerous mods done to my Camaro, and it has been at the dealership quite a few times, and I have yet to have an issue with any of the mods to include the CAI.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #473
merlin803

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1cobra View Post
I have had numerous mods done to my Camaro, and it has been at the dealership quite a few times, and I have yet to have an issue with any of the mods to include the CAI.
I am probably just a little on the paranoid side, lol
Old 09-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #474
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
just installed my injen CAI it is sweet!!!! lovin the sound and butt dyno can definatly tell the differance. got'em to cut loose in 2nd with t/c off it didn't do that before!! install took about 2 hours maybe 2 1/2 with clean up. painless great instructions,well worth the money spent!
Attached Images

its a syn is offline   Reply With Quote