Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-29-2010, 09:11 AM   #29
zirotti

Drives: 2013 ZL1
My mom is 60 and will be buying a Camaro. She had a new Camaro every year when I was growing up!
zirotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:11 AM   #30
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
They can look like brand new on the outside and be shot. I have a friend that's owned a tire business for twenty-five years ,and he's shown me in person just how a brand new tire that's never been mounted ,or has even been outside can break down after 7 years of just sitting on a self in his shop. I don't know why anyone who drives a car would want to trust tires that are 43 years old.
http://www.articlealley.com/article_1444179_31.html
I appreciate your passing along the info and yes I'm fully aware of the generalities surrounding tire shelf life, and the experts consenious that new used tires have shelf lifes, and as well that tires age sitting around in garages on non utilized collector cars. Thats all fine and dandy, and subjectively theres no reason to toss safety and caution into the wind. Objectively though, no one shoe fits all scenarios, including tire aging. As aforementioned, Granny's car isn't exactly sitting idle. It is garaged though, driven daily at minimun, on her short jaunts to fulfil her endeavors at her church a half mile or so from her home. She obviously not racing up and down the hwy's at high speeds, nor taking long road trips ( remember the odometer reading I mentioned), has someone familiar with her needs and the cars keeping an eye on her and the cars safe operating condition, ie............. I'll assume at her age, and experience she's been around the block a time or too so to speak, and knows fully well how making the wrong safety choices might affect her and the cars longevity..........I for one can attest that shes proven her abilities, and there is no doubt in my eyes or mind that she must be very knowledgable in the autowise areas of vehicle ownership..........including tire's.

So back on topic..................elder owners............
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:12 AM   #31
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadspearo View Post
On the way to work I see a silver 2lt RS I pull up beside it and what do I see? Grandma in the drivers seat.....
is that what this car has come to? now its a hip car for the geriatric population?
You didn't exactly buy a Buggatti now did you? If it's a "hip" car that you are looking for, get a Cube. I would probably piss you off too. I am 64 and I have an SS. This old man also takes his SS to the dragstrip. I probably have been driving Camaros since before you were born. So if you have a Camaro, you must really be uncool.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #32
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Dude, I saw an older woman drivng a CTS-V the other day. She knew what she had under the hood as I came along side of her....She hit the throttle and blew by me and I saw her giggle as she did this...

This car brings out the kid in everyone, Next time, show some respect, tip your head and smile as you enjoy your car and they enjoy theirs.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #33
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Then sell it....good bye...

Your acting like she is driving a Z06, my girlfriend wanted to get the LT as well. The V6 is a great car for many people who aren't big into the moding scene and appreciate the beauty of this car....and you will see the V6 sales continue to spike.

You could always by a Scion Tc with the rest of the 16 year old girls here in Florida. You will even have more trunk room to throw your pride...
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:16 AM   #34
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadweasel View Post
Yep 53 and also a gramma here. I was LIVING the original muscle car era when your mama was still trying to keep you from eating cat turds outta the litter box. Depending on your age, that is. You could have still been one of millions in your daddy's corral for all I know!

From one Grandpaw to one Gramma.....you go girl, go!
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:19 AM   #35
karr1008
Supercharging

Drives: 20XX Camaro SS
Nothing like respected senior citizens smoking you on an SS. LOL
Remember that one day we will be there too and teach the 45-55 young punks not to mess around with us.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:24 AM   #36
rudack
Rudack

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to rudack Send a message via MSN to rudack
Thumbs up to the Baby Boomers buying nice sports cars! This reminds me of:

Love it!
ABM 2SS/RS #33390
rudack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:25 AM   #37
GrinderSS
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
On the way to work I see a silver 2lt RS I pull up beside it and what do I see? Grandma in the drivers seat.....
is that what this car has come to? now its a hip car for the geriatric population?
You could stand a lesson in respect...take the time some day to talk with a senior. They have a wealth of experience and know-how we younger folks are foolish to ignore.
GrinderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:26 AM   #38
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Hey everyone has the right to feel young at heart!! I think it's cool.. I had a buddy going to a Corvette event and was passed on I40 by a couple in their 80s driving a Corvette vert with the top down. Said their Corvette had a custom tag that said " AT LAST"
Old 09-29-2010, 09:31 AM   #39
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
DAMN you people can't pick out a joke thread if it slapped you in the face.... lol
I guess it doesn't take much to get under the skin of the old folks in here..... btw I'll be 38 next week so I am not too young myself
Old 09-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #40
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:

What are you going to drive when you get old?
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #41
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
Quote:
There are emoticons that signal a joke:

Those emoticons are missing from your OP. That's the only free advice you're getting from this "geriatric".
mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:39 AM   #42
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Some grandparents are so COOL.

motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote