Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-20-2010, 12:10 AM   #43
Kycamaross
RED JEWEL inthe BLUEGRASS

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 01 S-10 Xtreme
The only good thing about this situation was that the neighbor damaged his own car on his own property. Thank God he didn't hit somebody else on the way home!!
Old 10-20-2010, 05:47 AM   #44
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
Real dick cop. If you are in the passenger seat sleeping that is a dick of a cop.
I was at bar once. Too drunk to drive but it was the dead of winter and ****ing cold as shit as I started car went in back sit and went to sleep. A while later cops showed up because bar was closed and they saw car sitting there running. They were cool. They understood they were just worried as they said this was a bad area. Said they new a hotel. Cops need to be like that.

Side note this is what I do when I sleep in car drunk. Just did other week with my girl. Before I even sit in car I take the key and put in all the way under the seat. So if a cop comes I dont have the key. Cant drive with no key.. I also have gone as far once as putting key under backseat (it pulls right up).

If you have a habit of getting drunk on a regular basis and having to sleep it off in a car, you have a problem ... Try getting help !!!
Old 10-20-2010, 05:57 AM   #45
PHEOX

Drives: '06 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Are you sure he wasn't just texting? IMO it's the same result. Why doesn't it carry the same penalties?
I've seen a few wrecks on my way home from school already, and when I look over in the cars, the kids have their phones out and are in shock about what happened. I really am starting to hate technology!
PHEOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:03 AM   #46
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post

If you have a habit of getting drunk on a regular basis and having to sleep it off in a car, you have a problem ... Try getting help !!!
The last week one was for my bday. I don't drink anymore. Just special occasions..
So way ahead of u..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:06 AM   #47
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHEOX View Post
I've seen a few wrecks on my way home from school already, and when I look over in the cars, the kids have their phones out and are in shock about what happened. I really am starting to hate technology!
Should be worst penalty for girls do make up. I see that every morning they drive to work not even trying to look at road & they all over the place
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
Old 10-20-2010, 06:53 AM   #48
CamaroNewb

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS
He deserved it!! Luckily that was all that was damaged
Mods so far: BFXauto Black Replica wheels, Pfadt lowering springs, Black CAI Intake, VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB, 20% tint, Painted Bowties and SS Badges, Blacked out sidemarkers, RPI Designs Tail Light Covers, Painted Tail Light Bezels, Pioneer touchscreen DVD, Fieldgoal wireless Harness, AAC Plasma LED DRL, AAC Hyper white dome, trunk and license plate LED's, Blue footwell lighting.
CamaroNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:08 AM   #49
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
Should be worst penalty for girls do make up. I see that every morning they drive to work not even trying to look at road & they all over the place
I saw that once. She drifted over into my lane and startled me so badly that I dropped my electric razor that knocked my cell phone into my bowl of cereal that fell onto my laptop which then fell onto the floorboard and jammed under my brake pedal!

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:09 AM   #50
rudack
Rudack

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to rudack Send a message via MSN to rudack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vgt7 View Post
Anyone that decides to get behind the wheel of ANY vehicle over the limit is a f**king idiot.
ABM 2SS/RS #33390
rudack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:13 AM   #51
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vgt7 View Post
Anyone that decides to get behind the wheel of ANY vehicle over the limit is a f**king idiot.
Well there in lies the problem. How do you know your over unless you don't drink at all?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:15 AM   #52
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
I saw that once. She drifted over into my lane and startled me so badly that I dropped my electric razor that knocked my cell phone into my bowl of cereal that fell onto my laptop which then fell onto the floorboard and jammed under my brake pedal!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:16 AM   #53
Diabel1969

Drives: 2010 2SS, A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
So know one on this forum ever drives a car without drinking. Yeah right. Unless you don't drink at all, I'm sure that every single person on here that does has and still will drive a car after drinking.
Just because you never wrecked or never got caught doesn't mean your any better than the poor devil that smashed his SS into the tree. If you drink one it might as well be Ten. It's no different.
I'm glad you wrote this.. I'm not sure of the average age of folks on here, but i'm 41, and can clearly remember when I was 15 to 21, before all the DWI (new york), and DUI laws were so strict. Drinking and driving was just part of going out. If you woke up in your own bed, and your car was decently parked with no damage, then you did a good job. If you woke up someplace strange, then you had some figuring out to do! If you woke up in jail, then you really messed up! Our idea of a designated driver was the one who drank beer the whole night instead of us who did the shots. Two towns away from where I grew up, was a really insane bar that was a good time everytime. The local police in that town would pull us over if we were weaving, and as soon as they discovered we were from a different town, they'd give us back our id's and tell us to have a safe trip home.. My how things have changed.. I don't condone it, but man you've gotta have a brass set of balls to sit here and knock folks for something that you yourself most likely did at some point in your life. Just remember, ANYBODY can get 1 DWI, or DUI, only takes a few drinks with dinner, or a couple of casual one's after work on a friday. It's a mistake and humans make mistakes, part of which makes us humans. When a person gets more than 1.. well, then there's a problem. Some of you folks need to lighten up..
Diabel1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:23 AM   #54
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:57 AM   #55
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
I'm glad you wrote this.. I'm not sure of the average age of folks on here, but i'm 41, and can clearly remember when I was 15 to 21, before all the DWI (new york), and DUI laws were so strict. Drinking and driving was just part of going out.

So if i'm not mistaken, what your saying in jest while justifying drunken or under the influence driving is, that twenty years ago in New York before the DWI/DUI laws became unappropriately unfair, it was common occurrance that underaged drinkers (minors) driving automobiles were sold and consumed alcohol and knew they would be risking their lives as well the safe being of others, beforehand.

It may very well take a set of brass balls to point out the falicy in the belief, everyone deserves to have the same sort of opportunity at permanently screwing up................their lives and property and well as others.

So be it. I would highly recommended the advantages of pissing off a friend or two.

"A Friend in need is a Friend in Deed" comes to mind..........and in time a real friend, even one that reacts first in anger being reminded of their responsibilties and who heeds the advice will appreciate having been saved from the consquences of a prefectly avoidable life altering event.

Comedian and speaker Jerry Clower may have said it best.........."What this world needs more of is, real love"............ today is a great day to begin. Help save a friend!

Lighten up..naw. Some of us find enlightenment in speaking up..........................

Last edited by Caspers2SSRS; 10-20-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:07 AM   #56
Diabel1969

Drives: 2010 2SS, A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
So if i'm not mistaken, what your saying in jest while justifying drunken or under the influence driving is, that twenty years ago in New York before the DWI/DUI laws became unappropriately unfair, it was common occurrance that underaged drinkers (minors) driving automobiles were sold and consumed alcohol and knew they would be risking their lives as well the safe being of others, beforehand.
So your saying you grew up in a cave, and never heard of underage drinking your entire life? wow, you must be a saint. Ever consider priesthood? Are you seriously asking this question?
Diabel1969 is offline   Reply With Quote