Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-22-2010, 07:02 AM   #15
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Junkman, could you expand upon your comparison of the white towels vs the blonde? I ordered both and am now concerned I wasted $25 on the white ones when I should have just doubled my order of the blonde.

As for "fanboys", I used Zaino for years before I made the switch to Adam's this past Summer. Both are excellent products but, I prefer Adam's for a few reasons. Their product support and general customer service is 2nd to none... Their products can be used with the PC (Porter Cable) which makes the whole process that much easier... Their products, in general, not only give a beautiful finish but, are meant to make it easier on you to do. For example, they color match polishes and waxes to what pads they're intended to be used with. Swirl and Haze Remover is used on the orange pad. Fine Machine Polish is used on the white pad. I don't think anybody has ever come in to these threads and said "Zaino sucks... Adam's is so much better". Most everything I've read is complimentary of both products but, people are leaning towards Adam's because of their customer service and because their products are just easy to use. Coming in here and getting all butthurt because someone said the Adam's towels are an excellent product, just as the Zaino ones are, is pretty poor form.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:13 AM   #16
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
Junkman, could you expand upon your comparison of the white towels vs the blonde? I ordered both and am now concerned I wasted $25 on the white ones when I should have just doubled my order of the blonde.
The borderless blond towels are head and shoulders above the white towels. If you touch them side by side, there is a distinct difference between the two. The white towels feel very regular compared to the borderless blonds. If the white towels are truly made overseas as someone stated earlier in this thread, then I would like to know their country origin. I will say that the white towels are still better quality than those crappy Costco towel bundles but if you can change your order to the borderless blond towels, I would do so ASAP. Like I said, I'm going to stock up on some while they are in stock and you all know how picky I am. They are a lot thinner than the Adam's double-plush towels but sometimes I like and prefer a thin towel. It depends on what I doing and the compound I'm using as to what I will sometimes use.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:24 AM   #17
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Unfortunately, I should be getting them delivered today. I should have received them yesterday but, for some reason the delivery guy didn't feel like coming to my neighborhood. No big deal as I wouldn't have used them yesterday anyhow. One last question on the white towels... they won't damage my finish will they? My plan was to use the white towels to remove product and the blondes to do the final buffing and for use with Adam's detail spray.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:54 AM   #18
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
I've just noticed a person or persons that pop up in every Zaino thread lately.

That's all I was getting at.

With that said I've been using Zaino for a while and made my first Adam's purchase last month and have been way more than please with the product. I will be making many more purchases in the future.

Thanks for the tip on the white towels though! I will stay away from those now.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:21 AM   #19
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Crap, I just got an e-mail from Zaino saying they are available for a limited time only and have limited quantities. :-(

But the e-mail goes on to say they are upgrading their machines to produce them in greater quantities.
Mr_Draco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #20
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
I'm honestly thinking about getting the blonde towels sewn together into a blanket for my bed. So soft.

lets_go_bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:42 AM   #21
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
Unfortunately, I should be getting them delivered today. I should have received them yesterday but, for some reason the delivery guy didn't feel like coming to my neighborhood. No big deal as I wouldn't have used them yesterday anyhow. One last question on the white towels... they won't damage my finish will they? My plan was to use the white towels to remove product and the blondes to do the final buffing and for use with Adam's detail spray.
No, they won't damage your paint at all. Sal has some very high standards when it comes to towels. It took him years of looking around before he would even consider microfiber. If Sal stuck his name on it, you can bet the quality is good. He's a stickler for quality.

Speaking of Sal, I read somewhere recently that he sold the company. Any of you guys who are in the loop know if that is true or is that some message board crap rumor?

Old 10-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #22
MuttGrunt

Drives: Not Enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Speaking of Sal, I read somewhere recently that he sold the company. Any of you guys who are in the loop know if that is true or is that some message board crap rumor?
I haven't heard of this. I find it hard to believe he'd sell it though.
MuttGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:58 AM   #23
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt View Post
I haven't heard of this. I find it hard to believe he'd sell it though.
I agree. That's why I want to know the truth. I may just have to call him.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #24
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Ordered a few sets of blond towels to keep in stock as well as a wash bucket
Old 10-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #25
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
I'm giving the blonde towels a shot. I think they are a very good price at least worth checking out.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:05 PM   #26
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
I've just noticed a person or persons that pop up in every Zaino thread lately.

That's all I was getting at.

With that said I've been using Zaino for a while and made my first Adam's purchase last month and have been way more than please with the product. I will be making many more purchases in the future.

Thanks for the tip on the white towels though! I will stay away from those now.
If you're talking about me, I've never once badmouthed Zaino by saying anything that wasn't true. And I almost never jump into a Zaino thread because I have no experience with it and nothing to contribute. I was simply stating I prefer American made products. Look, I even bought some Zaino towels- wanna see my receipt?
Old 10-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #27
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I'm giving the blonde towels a shot. I think they are a very good price at least worth checking out.
Check'em out. Having a diversity in towel selection is not a bad thing. Plus, it is always good to keep an open mind to what else is out there. No one manufacturer is going to have the best EVERYTHING.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:39 PM   #28
MuttGrunt

Drives: Not Enough
^ not only that, but having various product will help to prove what is really good. People can purchase Adam's with confidence after seeing how they stack up against the competition - which is pretty good.
MuttGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote