Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #351
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scythezo6 View Post
This is just petty and childish imo. I can understand your frustration, but this is unprofessional. This is a lash out not only to another company but also to myself and others alike.

Anyways, taylor the 5th gen may be cheaper but it's plastic. The sparks is metal. I guess its preference.
care to explain how it's a lash out?

we've had the cad for over a year now ready and waiting. might as well do something with it... it's unfortunate but so is life.

also, while your at it; tell me how it's unprofessional to sell a product at a cheaper price?

if ours was 10 bucks cheaper then anyone elses... is that unprofessional too?

just cause we can afford to keep printing out copies for dirt cheap shouldn't mean you or anyone else, get sour grapes.

besides, like it's been said... some others offer metal based solutions. not sure why a metal based solution matters when the entire thing is either painted or chromed but hey, your money.

in the end, it's all about getting the consumer what they've been begging for (over a year now). in the mean time, working on the afterburners!

;-)
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:34 AM   #352
ac223mal

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
and?

we weren't the ones selling and producing products directly against the rules and regulations set forth by GM...

then again, consumers could give a less of a shit.

they just want good products at a reasonable price.

in fact, if we could raise the $9k cost of making the molds via donations; we'd produce the front and back for free (blank of course)...

in the end, we could also give less of a shit.

we just want the consumers happy. and free is always happy.
Looks like there is more to this than we know. I mean sparks got the ok to from GM to sell these and you guys didnt. So GM couldnt have been to pissed if indeed they were selling them without permission.

If the shoe was on the other foot and you guys had gotten permission you would be upset if someone pissed on your hard work by giving away the cad info for free. You may want us happy, but you sure want to have the money for the work you have done. It sucks that you guys didnt get permission and who knows if you stayed the course instead of stomping your feet maybe things would have worked out. Either way I am disappointed because competition makes the world go around and I wanted to see what you guys had to offer.
ac223mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #353
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
That was well put ac223
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:41 AM   #354
bolteon593

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac223mal View Post
Looks like there is more to this than we know. I mean sparks got the ok to from GM to sell these and you guys didnt. So GM couldnt have been to pissed if indeed they were selling them without permission.

If the shoe was on the other foot and you guys had gotten permission you would be upset if someone pissed on your hard work by giving away the cad info for free. You may want us happy, but you sure want to have the money for the work you have done. It sucks that you guys didnt get permission and who knows if you stayed the course instead of stomping your feet maybe things would have worked out. Either way I am disappointed because competition makes the world go around and I wanted to see what you guys had to offer.
not sure what more we could have done...

we talked to the head of the accessory licensing program, barely found out why they denied the first request...

went ahead and sent in a second request that tried to appease the psuedo-guidelines that were given to us... and now, 3 weeks later; just no response... from anyone (emi or gm).

and as much as i would like to believe i'd be upset if the shoe was on the other foot; it's business... deal with it.

and the money is a non-issue. i have a completely different company that i make the money at. this endeavor, was and will be to give to the public what it wants.

if we make money off of it, great... if not? great. to me, in the end it's about doing the right thing, for the enthusiasts (cause that's how i'd like to be treated). this product should have been out for a year now. plain and simple.

one of the few things i know for sure is that the real work is being put into the afterburner tail lights...

the cad data for the emblems? took about 4 hours. (and that's the main difference in the ones from sparks resto; your paying for the machine time and the painting of the product... gotta make sure with the lawyer that we can give them away for free regardless of license but i'm pretty sure there's nothing that can stop us in that light)

Last edited by bolteon593; 11-18-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:54 AM   #355
ac223mal

Drives: car
Quote:
not sure what more we could have done...

we talked to the head of the accessory licensing program, barely found out why they denied the first request...

went ahead and sent in a second request that tried to appease the psuedo-guidelines that were given to us... and now, 3 weeks later; just no response... from anyone (emi or gm).

and as much as i would like to believe i'd be upset if the shoe was on the other foot; it's business... deal with it.

and the money is a non-issue. i have a completely different company that i make the money at. this endeavor, was and will be to give to the public what it wants.

if we make money off of it, great... if not? great. to me, in the end it's about doing the right thing, for the enthusiasts (cause that's how i'd like to be treated). this product should have been out for a year now. plain and simple.

one of the few things i know for sure is that the real work is being put into the afterburner tail lights...

the cad data for the emblems? took about 4 hours. (and that's the main difference in the ones from sparks resto; your paying for the machine time and the painting of the product... gotta make sure with the lawyer that we can give them away for free regardless of license but i'm pretty sure there's nothing that can stop us in that light)
Guess it's time to take your own advise and

Something just doesn't feel right about this, it didnt feel right when you guys first posted pics on here, maybe it's just me.

But either way the wait is over, you guys are done with this, so the choice either buy from sparks or go a different route.

Good luck with your taillights.
ac223mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #356
camaro52010
Camaro4ever

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS, 1978 Z28 Camaro
this whole thing sucks, 5th Gen started this and their design is correct and better. This is a molded part with chrome and red all day.The Sparks machined metal parts don't match the GM 2010 SS font, are too expensive and the wrong size. The C5 owners lose
Old 11-18-2010, 03:40 PM   #357
19K3SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro52010 View Post
this whole thing sucks, 5th Gen started this and their design is correct and better. This is a molded part with chrome and red all day.The Sparks machined metal parts don't match the GM 2010 SS font, are too expensive and the wrong size. The C5 owners lose
I'd have to disagree with that. It must be an individual perception, because I think Sparks got the font right, while 5thGen's look like fives (55, not SS). I think the rear from Sparks looks like the perfect size, however I'll wait to see how the stock grill front turns out, since I'd agree the heritage grill front is too small.

As far as 5thGen starting it, that is unknown. They were just the first to post here about it, but Sparks could have been working on it just as long.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #358
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro52010 View Post
I love my emblems I think they are perfect.and I like the fact that they are metal and durable. I dont remember how much 5th gens emblems were but sparks cant be that much expensive. If you want one of these emblems for under $100, good luck. I agree that sparks maybe pricey and I thought 5ths was pricey too back then, but you come to realize if you want something of quality that looks good, you gotta pay.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #359
bolteon593

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythezo6 View Post
I love my emblems I think they are perfect.and I like the fact that they are metal and durable. I dont remember how much 5th gens emblems were but sparks cant be that much expensive. If you want one of these emblems for under $100, good luck. I agree that sparks maybe pricey and I thought 5ths was pricey too back then, but you come to realize if you want something of quality that looks good, you gotta pay.

except you got front and back for the cost of just the back with those guys.

again, could care less... they'll be given out for free with every grill filler order.

and screw it, we'll make the filler 49 bucks.

deal with that.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #360
camaro52010
Camaro4ever

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS, 1978 Z28 Camaro
they only look correct against a black background, there should not be any material inside or between the S look at your stock SS
Old 11-18-2010, 07:57 PM   #361
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
i just wish some one gets these things approved.don't know the process,but it doesn't seem like it should be that hard.with everything else on the market it just seems like a simple SS couldn't be that hard.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:57 PM   #362
bolteon593

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
i just wish some one gets these things approved.don't know the process,but it doesn't seem like it should be that hard.with everything else on the market it just seems like a simple SS couldn't be that hard.
+1

should NOT be this hard... not 13 months hard.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #363
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
+1

should NOT be this hard... not 13 months hard.
Amen!!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:21 PM   #364
Uncle Harvey

Drives: 2011 2SS RS
I dont care where they come from. I just want one.
Uncle Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote