Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #29
hollywoodGU

Drives: 1999 Firebird Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviticus88 View Post

Hello, this is my first post and I just wanted to throw this out as an option. Although my front plate is just in my windshield.
nice if only it was electric...only other issue is if the plate will bounce against the front bumper while driving
hollywoodGU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #30
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Kansas = Rear Plate only...
Thanks for brining this up because I'm gunna tell them to make sure there is no front mount on there.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:59 PM   #31
hollywoodGU

Drives: 1999 Firebird Formula
btw
here is a link to the same one but motorized
http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/prod...4e9eb215c1b46e
hollywoodGU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #32
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
I have a motorized license plate. when i get my camaro i will put one on. now for some of you guys you can look it up at altecroducts.com to get an idea on how it looks and works. i have posted this already on antother thread. its good for those who do not want to put holes in the bumper, it goes underneath the car slides out when you want it or hide when you don't with a control. if interisted hit me up and i will give you the prices. the more you order the cheaper.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #33
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevyman View Post
we already have a motorized plate the you attach underneath the front bumper. go to altecproducts.com and look at it. if you want to order any let me know
A few questions for you on the motorized version.

1. How much?
2. How is it mounted?
3. How long is the warranty on the motor?
4. Can it be installed so the plate comes out and flips down instead of up? (So I can install it below the bumper and have it come out through the lower grille.)

The pictures and video show it mounted off to the side, I'm assuming that its attached to the frame somehow. I want mine mounted dead center but think it will look like crap sticking out below the lower air dam, not to mention making ground clearance even less.

rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #34
diddiyo

Drives: .
btw, when I was about to buy a Challenger I asked the dealer if he could pls NOT attach the front license plate (we need to have it in NJ) and he said he's required to put in on by law. no idea if it's true or not.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:50 PM   #35
SAE05
inconspicuous observer

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
btw, when I was about to buy a Challenger I asked the dealer if he could pls NOT attach the front license plate (we need to have it in NJ) and he said he's required to put in on by law. no idea if it's true or not.

Ask him to provide the state code on that. Ask what the stated fine is. Then tell him you will find a dealer that will honor your request.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #36
MacMulkin
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Vette, 2010 Camaro SS
Top Flight License Plate Holder

I talked to a company called Top Flight that makes a VERY good front plate holder (removable and non-removable) for the C6 Corvette.

They plan to make one for the Camaro as soon as they can get the "specs" on the nose piece of the Camaro. I sent them all the pics I took of the 2LT Camaro I saw at the Boston Car show and the Camaro5 Wiki link with the dimensions.

If anyone has a "real" Camaro that they are testing I'm sure the guys at Top Flight would LOVE to hear from you so they can have plates READY when the Camaros come out!

Ron

Picture of my Top flight plate on my Vette

Their link:

http://www.nakidparts.com/id66csxx.html
MacMulkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:05 PM   #37
RoyalKev

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I didn't want my front plates but my freinds got followed by a cop for 5 miles and the cop couldn't find any reason to pull him over so he passed him right after he passed he hit the brakes and got back behind him and pulled him over for not having the front plate which led to a dui with a .09 and legal limit in Maryland is .08

And idn my cousin had his tag on the dash board on his s2000 and never got pulled over, but my cousin in his eclipse has it on the dash to but he got busted a couple times for it.
RoyalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:48 PM   #38
SAE05
inconspicuous observer

Drives: 05 GTO
Humble Bumble

Like the plate on Bumble . . .
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #39
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
well if anybody is interested we have the motorized license plate frame. you mount it underneath the car. and yes for some you can have it hidden but for others just a push of a button and it will be in the front. you can look at it at www.altecproducts.com we have to you can choose from manuel or automatic. depending on how much you want to spend. if any body is interested write me at andrew@sightwaves.com. but if some of you are still wondering how it will look i am going to install one on my camaro and will post pics. and for all my camaro fans i will give you a great price.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #40
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen5-ss View Post
There must be some one out there that could come up with an alternative bracket that snaps onto the lower grille.
SLP makes this bracket that mounts to the underside of the facia. It doesn't look as nice as no plate, but at least it prevents drilling holes in the front of the car. Maybe they'll make something similar for 5th gens.

Name:  afterthoughtsauto_2041_18271966.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  465.8 KB
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #41
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
I'll be living in Raleigh after I graduate, so I'll probably still be there next year when I buy my car. Even if I move back to Virginia before I make the purchase, I'll still probably buy in North Carolina, just to avoid the whole issue.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #42
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Side plate might work too for a mod. Would be interesting to see it that way.

(Yes even if it covers a foglamp hole. Just out of curiousity on the look.)
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote