Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #29
JKBUMBLEBEE
TEAM LLT ! NY5thGEN

Drives: 2011 3.6L V6 328HP Camaro
All my previous cars had Sirius.. RARELY dropped.. once i got the camaro and had to transfer to XM I immediately notice how much it drops .. it isn't bad but it is very annoying, especially in the middle of a good song.. honestly Sirius is way better than XM
JKBUMBLEBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #30
oldbowtie

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 2013 Regal GS
No problems with mine nor my wife's LaCrosse
oldbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #31
Angelsilhouette

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
Really? I thought one of the points was that there were no commercials. Well, the channels I keep it on (Hair Nation, Liquid Metal, Alternative Nation, Octane, Lithium, Boneyard) don't. They mention other XM channels but they never have full-fledged commercials.
Yup. I keep pretty much the same channels in my favourite list except alternative nation, but I have a ton of others because the Camaro's got 36 favourites and I use the little thumb wheel on the steering wheel to flick through them. I have Laugh USA and xlaughwhatever on the favourites list because sometimes a good laugh is in order.

Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #32
SSAINT

Drives: "11 2SS/RS VR vert BG/BG SW stripes
It does suck

All along I thought it was just the convertibles that had the dropping problem because the antenna is mounted on the trunk.. i guess not.. My first satellite radio-not impressed...
SSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:06 PM   #33
TJ's MARO

Drives: Fully Loaded Black on Black 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
Mine only cuts out when I pull under any type of roof or are alongside tall trees.
I have this same problem, but other than that it works perfectly fine.
TJ's MARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #34
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsilhouette View Post
They would have no direct control over how well I receive their signal; this is a hardware issue, both in the antennas and the inherent fallibility in requiring a clear view of the blue sky. As far as I am concerned, my XM radio is functioning well within its own limitations; it does very well despite the handicap, but it isn't something for which I feel I would pay the price asked. (Although, only time will tell how I feel about it by the time my trial runs dry.)
I apologize for the confusion on our part. Hopefully XM is able to resolve these issues for you so you can enjoy the service rather than be frustrated by it.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #35
Angelsilhouette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I apologize for the confusion on our part. Hopefully XM is able to resolve these issues for you so you can enjoy the service rather than be frustrated by it.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Nah, not frustrated, just mildly disappointed (and a bit disappointed in myself for not expecting this sort of performance from a device that requires a satellite connection). XM won't really be able to resolve the issue without creating a new caching feature in future radios or utilising radio or cellular towers as a sort of repeater system. (Possibly taking advantage of the GM vehicle's cellular receiver).

On a more positive note, I am absolutely ecstatic about my Camaro. You all did an absolutely AMAZING job on them.... Perhaps TOO amazing... O.- I've got my EYE on you, GM!

(Side note, what model Camaro is that in your avatar? There's something different about it that I just can't put my finger on.)

Old 05-21-2011, 02:35 PM   #36
djmikehop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/ RS Victory Red
I have 3 vehicles with xm service. In the spring when the trees get full you will have signal issues. There is not a lot you can do about it, besides finding tree-less roads to drive on. I would say that the best way to get a good signal in the Camaro would be to subscribe to the internet XM, get the app. and plug it in via the usb, or aux input in the arm rest. I listen all the time, Opie and Anthony show is the best, but to be honest the internet radio is having issues since they changed it about 2 months ago. They are working on these issues , if you want call and break balls, they will give you another 3 months free. Keep the pressure on ask for a supervisor and "work" them.
djmikehop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #37
bcp1980

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS Camaro
I've never had a problem with signal loss. The only time I have lost signal is going through a tunnel (approx. 1 mile long) in downtown PHX (the signal loss is quite brief) and when I have parked in underground structures. I've never had problems with overpasses, garages or above ground parking structures. Can't say much about tree cover as I live in a desert, so those are hard to come by in large numbers here.
bcp1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #38
Dave Da

Drives: 2016 2ss hyper blue auto
Cool XM cuts out

If you have a sun roof your XM will cut out, even if it's only open part way.
Look in your owners manuel it says it right in there, if I close mine I have no problem with the signal.
Dave
Dave Da is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #39
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Da View Post
Look in your owners manuel it says it right in there, if I close mine I have no problem with the signal.
Dave
Mine is closed and I still have issues...but only when I'm under something (understandable) and when im next to tall trees (semi understandable)
Old 05-22-2011, 12:26 PM   #40
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnaugle775 View Post
Anyone else have issues with there xm dropping signal? I am really disappointed with it. My F250 works great my bmw great the camaro sucks.

You might want to have your XM wires checked.

Sometimes some of the XM wires can break due to a bump in the road, slamming the door too hard, and such.

It happened in one of my cars.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #41
Angelsilhouette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Da View Post
Ska! I was wondering why that was happening with an open blue sky above me!

Old 05-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #42
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsilhouette View Post
Nah, not frustrated, just mildly disappointed (and a bit disappointed in myself for not expecting this sort of performance from a device that requires a satellite connection). XM won't really be able to resolve the issue without creating a new caching feature in future radios or utilising radio or cellular towers as a sort of repeater system. (Possibly taking advantage of the GM vehicle's cellular receiver).

On a more positive note, I am absolutely ecstatic about my Camaro. You all did an absolutely AMAZING job on them.... Perhaps TOO amazing... O.- I've got my EYE on you, GM!

(Side note, what model Camaro is that in your avatar? There's something different about it that I just can't put my finger on.)
It's the Camaro Concept, I had functional Ram Air for the Mail Slot on the SS and the Front Fascia was more like the LS and LT's. The Turn Signals were on the outside of the headlamps instead of inside like they are now. I believe the Eagle Eye's were actually LED's at one point instead of Projectors, the Wheels were staggered 21's in the from 22's in the back, and the mirrors were smaller and more aerodynamic looking.

The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote