Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #491
mxfan127

Drives: 2011 S/C CAMARO
sorry it took so long to get back busy at work but as far as i know all the tech did was lie and say yes the car came with bluetooth instead of saying no then it throws you out of the program and referes you to a thing gm put out about not doing this back from 07 car that didnt come with bluetooth should not have it installed i dont know why they care but if you find a tech that will bs alittle then your all good mine is working fine any more info pm or i might not get it.....
mxfan127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #492
twnorman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS - RS package
Finally! Well, almost there. I have bluetooth working on the Onstar module, and a green light on onstar. I called Onstar using the blue button to have my account moved over. I gave her my account number and it sounded like she got it all moved, but said that I should wait until tomorrow to see if my phone minutes were transferred over (apparently there is some other change pending?). As of now, I cannot make a call using Onstar as it just defaults to my iphone. I did not expect that I could create name tags and have that dial with my iphone, it works and it isn't using my iphone voice command as far as I can tell.

With the new PDIM, I can now stream music with my iphone too. To get this working, I had to plug into the USB connector and go thru the menu to set up the music bluetooth. I did this in the dealership parking lot. After I got home and shut off my car and returned after about 15 minutes, I had to do the same thing again to get re-connected to my phone since it didn't automatically connect. Anyone experience this? I sure hope I don't have to manually connect for music streaming everytime I get in the car.

And a word about logistics in all this. The service guys will probably have no clue what you are trying to accomplish. Talk to the tech before they start and take the PDIM instructions with you. Here was my experience. I made an appointment at a dealership and told the service guy what I was trying to do (explained the PDIM and the Onstar module). I got to the dealership on the day of my appointment and the same guy said he didn't know what a PDIM was, whether they could do the PDIM or it had to go to the aftermarket guys, nor if anyone was there that could do it (why not figure this out before I get there!!). Anyway, after a short wait I found that they could do it, and that they did have somebody there, BUT their system to do it was down. Wasted part of my Saturday.

I made another appointment with another dealer and gave the service guy the instructions and explained that this was a PDIM with bluetooth and an Onstar module with bluetooth. After an hour and a half wait, I got the car back, but bluetooth was not working for either. I asked to talk to the tech. He came out showing me an RO (?) and said bluetooth doesn't come with my car. Haha...uh, right, I know that. Anyway, I explained to him that I put in the stuff that gives me bluetooth. 30 min later, my car was done.

sorry to be long winded, but let me know if you have any questions about my experience.
twnorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:13 PM   #493
twnorman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS - RS package
All is working! I called Onstar again today and this time, they sent me through to Onstar tech support. They hadn't properly moved my account over to the new module, so they did it this time. I got a new onstar phone number and they gave me an extra 100 minutes for my troubles. Onstar isn't really that important to me, but I just didn't like the idea of it not working.
twnorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #494
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Good to see that you got things working twnorman!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #495
RallyYellow11

Drives: Nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCarrot View Post
AHA! Figured out the correct part number I need!!

Now this is searching on www.gmpartshouse.com

Since I had my Part# w/o Bluetooth I simply search for +1 and bam there it was Module w/Bluetooth!

I will have to make sure this is correct but it's 2011 Catalog so I'm fairly certain I found my needle in a haystack

For anyone with a 2011 looking for this here are the #s

Module With Bluetooth: Part# 22739886

Antenna for Bluetooth Module: Part# 15938939

BigCarrot,

any luck, really want to do this to mine. Have the steering wheel controls already, just need the BT onstar unit.
RallyYellow11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #496
silver96camaro

Drives: 2011 cyber grey metallic camaro ls
Send a message via Yahoo to silver96camaro
ok, here's my experience. i have a 2011 ls. i ordered the part for the 2010 off ebay. as of right now the bluetooth works fine and the phone button on the mirror works (haven't tested the emergency button) but the mirror has a red light and the blue onstar button doesn't work at all. my compass is also showing "--". i noticed that the onstar module for the 2011 ls is missing some inputs. it's missing one black input and an input for one of the coax wires... see the picture below. gonna deal with onstart tomorrow and the dealership on tuesday. to see if i can get everything working properly again.

silver96camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:05 AM   #497
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver96camaro View Post
ok, here's my experience. i have a 2011 ls. i ordered the part for the 2010 off ebay. as of right now the bluetooth works fine and the phone button on the mirror works (haven't tested the emergency button) but the mirror has a red light and the blue onstar button doesn't work at all. my compass is also showing "--". i noticed that the onstar module for the 2011 ls is missing some inputs. it's missing one black input and an input for one of the coax wires... see the picture below. gonna deal with onstart tomorrow and the dealership on tuesday. to see if i can get everything working properly again.

You will have the red light on until you can get the dealer to reprogram your car to "recognize" the new OnStar module. I'm guessing the lack of that black input is why you have the "--" showing on your compass.

Hope you get things resolved!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:20 AM   #498
sask-man
Sask-man from Sask

Drives: 2010 1SSRS M6 Black of course!
Why does this all have to be so damn hard to do! We should be able to walk into any parts store at GM, order the module and antennae, throw it in or have them do it, quick reprogramm, 5 minute call to On Star and off we go! I want to have Bluetooth in my 1SS and this is frustrating me beyond belief!!
sask-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #499
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sask-man View Post
Why does this all have to be so damn hard to do! We should be able to walk into any parts store at GM, order the module and antennae, throw it in or have them do it, quick reprogramm, 5 minute call to On Star and off we go! I want to have Bluetooth in my 1SS and this is frustrating me beyond belief!!
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #500
silver96camaro

i knew this was gonna be an adventure when i started.... so i brought my car to the dealership on tuesday. after keeping my car overnight they told me that they're gonna pretend like they didn't know that i swapped the boxes out so as not to void my warrenty and that they're gonna follow troubleshooting procedures. first they're gonna try to replace my sharkfin antenna. wouldn't it seem like the easiest, cheapest thing to do would be to check something on a computer instead of just tearing things apart? anyways, they didn't have one in stock and they had to order one. it's gonna be another week before i hear back from them. got my car back in the mean time.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:15 AM   #501
silver96camaro

you guys aren't gonna believe this. you will not be able to get onstar service using a 2010 box on a 2011 camaro without a second sharkfin antenna plugged into the box or finding a way to split the single cable the we have to go into both of the coax inputs. not having the second sharkfin plugged into the 2010 box will cause a red light even after the dealership reprograms your bcm. just a fact i think 2011+ owners should know.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:09 AM   #502
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sask-man View Post
I feel the same way. I want bluetooth in my car (this is 2011 right?) and I'm pist that gm cares more about upselling than its customers. Don't they realize that if they keep messing with us that there will be nobody to upsell? I love my camaro but I am really starting to hate gm and everytime I see the bs that they do all I can think is that it is no wonder why they needed the bailout. They took their loyal customer base for granted for so long and put out some really bad cars for a long time, manufactered to fail anyone?, and they are still treating us like crap.

I'm helping my mom look for a new car right now and do you think I'm pushing her to look at gm cars? Nope. But of course on say the mazda she is looking at the bluetooth comes in the itouring package but they also said it would cost x to add it. They will do it so why not gm? And the japanese cars are manufactered to last not fail. If not for my obession with camaros I wouldn't be driving a gm and if anyone can make a car that I like as much as a camaro I'll gladly switch.
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:16 PM   #503
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
I'm looking to add what C&C package does. To add the OnStar bluetooth to my 1LT is the correct part # for my 2011, 22739886? If so, all I do is swap the module's, call OnStar, and have the dealer reprogram my headunit?

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #504
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
bump, hoping for a reply to this.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote