Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #29
Dans2SS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
oh damn. that sucks. hope they get you going
Old 07-26-2011, 04:02 PM   #30
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
I'm fortunate that I have another car as my daily driver. It would suck if it was my only car. I hope this won't become a lemon issue, as my car is my baby...... Glad it didn't happen on the Hot Rod Power Tour :(

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #31
Nomad

Drives: '11 2SS/RS RJT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
The repair did not work, they replaced the compressor and the compressor shaft failed before I even left the dealership. It's too hot for this to happen. The dealership doesn't know why it's happening and is calling for technical assistance from GM. Looks like a bad batch of compressors to me...inconvenient for sure.
Unfortunately, that's what my dealership service person told me too. They have my Camaro right now for spoiler chip repairs and they were going to work on the whine issue at the same time. Please let us know what your service guys find out.
Vararam CAI, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Separate Clutch Fluid Reservoir, Ghost Armor Full Protection Package, Chromed Turn Signal Bulbs, RPI Stealth Splash Guards, Skip Shift Eliminator, Defenderworx Chrome Bowtie Inserts, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Camaro Decal Store CGM Hood Spears with "376ci" custom text, Billet Depot/Drake Underhood Polished Caps, CGM Lug Nut Decals, Pedders Front Radius Rod Inserts, JacFab Front License Plate Bracket
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:49 AM   #32
Nomad

dianeokie, any news?
Vararam CAI, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Separate Clutch Fluid Reservoir, Ghost Armor Full Protection Package, Chromed Turn Signal Bulbs, RPI Stealth Splash Guards, Skip Shift Eliminator, Defenderworx Chrome Bowtie Inserts, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Camaro Decal Store CGM Hood Spears with "376ci" custom text, Billet Depot/Drake Underhood Polished Caps, CGM Lug Nut Decals, Pedders Front Radius Rod Inserts, JacFab Front License Plate Bracket
Old 07-28-2011, 12:22 PM   #33
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I'm sorry to hear the initial repair was unsuccessful. Hopefully your dealer can address in a timely fashion so you can enjoy your vehicle again and bring us a happy resolution to this ordeal. If you ever need help or need to contact us I'm always here!

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #34
dianeokie
Going places

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
dianeokie, any news?
No news, but I am going to call tomorrow to see if they've been able to get the technical assistance....I'm not anticipating good news in the short term.......:(

Old 07-29-2011, 08:59 AM   #35
Nomad

Quote:
No news, but I am going to call tomorrow to see if they've been able to get the technical assistance....I'm not anticipating good news in the short term.......:(
:( Mine just got out of the paint booth late yesterday and they are taking a look at the A/C whine today. I will post up any info they give me.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #36
Dans2SS

apparently my car only makes these noises for me. none of the things I've described to the dealer can be duplicated.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #37
VaderSS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans2SS View Post
apparently my car only makes these noises for me. none of the things I've described to the dealer can be duplicated.
Lol. I feel your pain, brother! I was driving with the service manager (hearing the whine clear as day)...he couldn't hear it...said he didn't have the best hearing
VaderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #38
Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans2SS View Post
My service advisor said that they heard the whine in mine too but they had a different Camaro in with the same whine and they changed the compressor but the whine didn't go away. They are comparing it to a new Camaro to see if they can isolate it better. We'll see what they find.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:34 PM   #39
Nomad

So, I picked up my car. They compared the A/C whine to one of the new ones fresh off the delivery truck from the factory. Said it had the same noise. It's hard for me to believe as the noise only started happening about 2 months ago. I'm going to get some belt dressing and see if that helps.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:56 AM   #40
dianeokie
Going places

Is the AC cooling? If so, that's a good sign.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #41
Nomad

Quote:
Is the AC cooling? If so, that's a good sign.
Yeah, the A/C still works but I'm heading back to Canada in 2 weeks so I would hate for it to fail on my 2K mile trip.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:58 AM   #42
Dans2SS

my noise started after the recall work on the AC tune was done. Mine is getting a new belt now and the recall work is being rechecked. it doesn't sound like a belt issue though more like a bearing noise under load. Oh well I'm looking to off load this car and its problems.