Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
chopper

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss convertible
First batch ever of Adams

I've heard a lot of great things on here about Adams product figured I'd give them a try on my new vert here's what I ordered: Adams fine machine polish and Machine super sealant combo 2. In and out spray 3 super vet trim and tire combo 3. Glass cleaner and sealant combo 4.Americana carnuba wax
I was wondering if I can use the Americana after applying the the super sealant combo for that extra shine and silky wet feel on the paint would that be ok to use together?
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
RichGreene
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Green 1993 Custom Eldo
If youd have paid a few extra bucks you couldve gotten a tub of Pinnacle Souveran and you wouldnt need to do any prep outside of a good wash job. Souverans all I use on my bikes and cars and its well worth the $95.
RichGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Yes you can use Americana after the super sealant.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:03 PM   #4
JHL88

Drives: 02 z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichGreene View Post
If youd have paid a few extra bucks you couldve gotten a tub of Pinnacle Souveran and you wouldnt need to do any prep outside of a good wash job. Souverans all I use on my bikes and cars and its well worth the $95.
pinnacle is great stuff, i have their souveran liquid wax and its the best wax ive used to date. after the paint correction im doing now, im going to use the americana and see how it stacks up to it.
2002 torch redc5z06 - sold :(
'13 z71 4x4 - DD

www.fquick.com/JHL88
JHL88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:01 PM   #5
chopper

Thanks for the replies can't wait to try it out
Old 08-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #6
stirthepot

Drives: 2010
americana is awesome and i LOVE it, but just so you know its not as slick feeling as the MSW. its adds a lot of depth to the paint and is still slippery but not as slippery as the synthetic sealant. this is true of all carnauba waxes.
stirthepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #7
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Make sure not to put anything on the super sealant until it has cured for at least 24 hrs
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:28 AM   #8
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Make sure not to put anything on the super sealant until it has cured for at least 24 hrs
This.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:47 AM   #9
chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Good to know thanks for that info, ive already waxed the car before with zymol carnuba, do you think that will affect the curing of the sealant
Old 08-15-2011, 04:56 PM   #10
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Curing, no. But it will hamper the product from sticking around like its designed. Sealants (in this case and most others) should always be applied to bare paint. Stripping the paint first with a dawn wash or other methods will make sure you've got 'naked' paint which will allow the MSS to bond properly and perform as designed.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:41 PM   #11
chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Curing, no. But it will hamper the product from sticking around like its designed. Sealants (in this case and most others) should always be applied to bare paint. Stripping the paint first with a dawn wash or other methods will make sure you've got 'naked' paint which will allow the MSS to bond properly and perform as designed.
Thanks Dylan is it ok to do a dawn wash? Someone told me it would strip the paint of it's oils
Old 08-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #12
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Yes. Dawn will remove the wax from the finish... not sure what they meant by 'oils'... paint isn't like your skin where its losing moisture or something. Dawn is perfectly safe, just don't want to use it for regular washing as it does strip the wax, thus undoing your hard work. You'll only use it when you want to strip the finish down to start from the beginning. The rest of the time you'll stick to a pH neutral car soap.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #13
chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Yes. Dawn will remove the wax from the finish... not sure what they meant by 'oils'... paint isn't like your skin where its losing moisture or something. Dawn is perfectly safe, just don't want to use it for regular washing as it does strip the wax, thus undoing your hard work. You'll only use it when you want to strip the finish down to start from the beginning. The rest of the time you'll stick to a pH neutral car soap.
Thanks Dylan can't wait to try my Adams products this week
Old 08-20-2011, 06:34 PM   #14
chopper

well i just used some of my adams stuff on my camaro.. have to say i love it good quality product, i used the super machine polish followed by the sealant let it cure for 48 hours and put a coat of americana wax over it.... it looks beautiful.. the glass cleaner and curer is great and i love the super vrt on the tires.. im sold on adams now, i can understand all the hype