Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-17-2011, 05:10 AM   #71
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
A quick tip for those having mid bass issues (or lack off mid-bass).

If you have a sub, disconnect it. After that start listening to some tunes while playing with the mid-range EQ's (63k - 300k). I noticed that I had to increase them by quite a bit.

After that connect your sub back and adjust the volume/gain of the sub accordingly so that it is not killing the midbass frequencies.

This worked for me. I actually now also have logic7 turned on and am enjoying the effect of it (I was never a big fan of simulated surround sound systems)
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:44 PM   #72
baskethead

Drives: 15 Z06
turn off thump

Any thoughts on what would cause a turn-off thump? Ive got an MS8 powering tweets, center and rears and a JL powering front mids. Sub thump harness with turn on wire running to the MS-8 , then the JL. Only have the thump through the mids by the way.
Thanks
Greg
baskethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:56 PM   #73
Duper

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskethead View Post
Any thoughts on what would cause a turn-off thump? Ive got an MS8 powering tweets, center and rears and a JL powering front mids. Sub thump harness with turn on wire running to the MS-8 , then the JL. Only have the thump through the mids by the way.
Thanks
Greg
Did you set a delay in the MS-8 config? Try 5 secs?
Old 08-20-2011, 03:21 PM   #74
tbone587

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Yea I have a turn off thump as well that is soo annoying. I havent really messed with it too much, because I dont feel like taking my trunk apart again. I think i set the delay on ms-8 to 5 seconds, but it didnt work. Maybe I can go higher
tbone587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:00 AM   #75
CamaroGeek

Drives: 2010
The turn off thump is not the MS-8, it is due to the OE amp turn on wire staying on while the radio's outputs drop to 0V. There is a mute wire that needs to be used in combination with the turn on wire. Metra has a product which fixes that, available in September, called the Trigger.
CamaroGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #76
tbone587

I wish ******** would chime in and explain how to connect the orange wire with his resistor.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:00 PM   #77
wolfclan

Drives: 2LT Red Jewel Tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone587 View Post
I wish ******** would chime in and explain how to connect the orange wire with his resistor.
Connect either end of the resistor to the orange wire. Connect the other side of the resistor to a length of wire and attach it to ground with the ring connector. I used black 16 guage wire.

You might want to solder the connections. I hope this helps
94 Octane Fuel, Injen CAI, IAT Sensor Relocated Behind The Injen Air Filter, Flowmaster Catback, BBK LT's, Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe, Sub Thump Box and X3 Harness, 10" JL Sub, BA 2125 Amp, Rattle Trap sound deadener. Lloyds front floor mats, Lloyds trunk carpet. Chrome Foose Legend Wheels, Brembo Brakes, ******** X2A and X2 Harness, JL Audio XD 400/4,
wolfclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:32 AM   #78
tbone587

I finally had a chance to rip my car apart again and I fixed my turn off thump. If you take the side covers off the center console and rip off the back cover, you can access the cigarette lighter wires in the back of the console. The green wire is your 12v accessory wire and it also provides retained power until you open the driver door. Its like a completely new car without hearing that loud pop every time getting out of my car
Old 02-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #79
ppiamp

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Auto Hyper Blue
Please clarify: I am going to use my substhump harness (RCA) front and rear to the MS-8:

1. Do I connect the ******** RCAs to the low level RCA jacks of the MS-8? Or do I need to go RCA to wire adaptor and go into the high level wires on the MS-8?

2. If I go to the low level on the MS-8 which inputs do I use for the rears? The manual says use the line {input 1 = Front Left} and {input 2 for = Front right}. I am guessing there rears would be {input 3 = Left Rear} and {input 4 = Right rear}. Is this correct?

3. Can I use the MS-8 to power the center and rears? Then have seperate amplifier for the front stage and subwoofers?

Thanks for your help!
ppiamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #80
ppiamp

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Auto Hyper Blue
What are your thoughts on the MS-8 center channel using Logic 7? Is it worth replacing the center with the fronts? I was looking at the new Rockford Punch series as they have the intergrated xover build into the speakers....no need to run seperate wires? What do you guys think? http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...?itemid=112892
ppiamp is offline   Reply With Quote