Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 12:42 PM   #71
Out4it
Banned

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadtexas View Post
Agreed. I dont see how anyone can call this guy a whiner when he brought a brand new car with a major system malfunctioning.

And yes, A/C is major, dont believe it? Come drive around Houston for a few days.
agreed. If it happened to them,it would be different. I don't know anyone who would be happy with broken merchandise.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:44 PM   #72
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Fame View Post
Typical today society. Pay me , Pay me , Pay me. If I were GM I wouldn't give you a damn thing. I hate whiner's. Big deal.. the car wasn't perfect on pickup. You have it repaired and now you want GM to pay a couple car payments... FAIL.. I would give you one oil change... Maybe.. just maybe.. IF you ran your mouth about GM and threatening me not to do business again... like on this forum I would give you nothing. Get over it.
Seriously? Car wasn't perfect on pickup. Well with that attitude I have a 2011 roller camaro in boxes you can pickup. Price tag is 37K all you gotta do is put it together.

Come on.

-K
Old 08-31-2011, 12:55 PM   #73
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
My suggestion is to pull up your big boy underwear, take the offer and move on. You guys whining would have had break downs dealing with the problems when the cars first came out. A lot of us had issues, and the techs had no clue how to even work on the cars yet. GM and the dealer fixed the problem as they always do if it's under warranty. Grow up !!!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:00 PM   #74
Goatcrapp

Drives: '11 black SS
... wait you paid 37k for a 2lt/RS?

no wonder you're so pissed!

In any event - chill out. You're getting bent out of shape over the principle of an issue - not the issue itself. Has the lack of A/C really affected your life in such a momentous way? We both know the answer is no.

Your core argument is very valid - you bought a product, and any reasonable person would be right to assume that product should work in full.

Where you become unreasonable is by getting emotional about it. Feeling insulted, etc... that's all you internalizing it.

Why not simply tell them what you want (after adjusting your barometer a bit, but that's a separate issue) in a calm and collected manner, instead of acting butt-hurt on the internet?
Old 08-31-2011, 01:05 PM   #75
mulletman

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriartii View Post
Seriously? Car wasn't perfect on pickup. Well with that attitude I have a 2011 roller camaro in boxes you can pickup. Price tag is 37K all you gotta do is put it together.

Come on.

-K
I'm interested. What color is it?
Old 08-31-2011, 01:09 PM   #76
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
If I paid 37K for a 2LT/RS I be pissed too. They sure did see you coming a mile away.

I stand corrected suckers are born every minute. LMAO
Old 08-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #77
insidethreat07

Drives: 2001 Camaro 3.8
I havent had AC in my monte Carlo for almost 7 years, you know what I do? Push the buttons and watch the windows roll down.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #78
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcrapp View Post
... instead of acting butt-hurt on the internet?

He's acting butt hurt because he got ass raped by this dealer.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:14 PM   #79
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Well by now you have heard all the various opinions you asked for.
In the end it's up to you what you choose to do.

Personally, I think you're asking for way too much compensatation, but that's just me.

However, one possibility for you is to ask them politely for an alternate form of compensation equal to the value of what they offered you. For example if 2 years on Onstar goes for $300 (just for this examples sake), but as you said you don't use Onstar, perhaps ask them for $300 worth of future service, or $300 worth of oil changes, etc. See what I'm getting at?

It's all your choice. Good luck with whatever you choose.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #80
Michelle42780
Cracker

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White/Beige
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcrapp View Post
... wait you paid 37k for a 2lt/RS?
That's exactly what I was just thinking.... WTF man? I paid just under $30K for mine

Old 08-31-2011, 01:32 PM   #81
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Out4it View Post
Did it after had the car 2 days. Tech said it was a leak but couldn't find it. Provided loaner for 6 out of the 10 days. A tug and rub? First not a lease. Was paying for a car I couldn't drive for 10 days. I'm willing to divide 30 days into amount of payment to get daily payment. Then multiply that by 10. Then add say 1/3 of that to the total for loss of AC for 2 months. I think thats fair.

Should of leave it there when the AC wasn't working and make them fix it. In the mean time take the loaner until the car is fixed. Not leaving it with the dealer to get it fixed and use the loaner must have been your decision. The offer was more than fair.

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
Old 08-31-2011, 01:34 PM   #82
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I think everyone here has chimed in with the reasonable answer to the OP's question. Yet he continues to press on as though he's owed something.

I think this applies:
Old 08-31-2011, 01:34 PM   #83
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Okay big deal one flaw is going to make you hate the brand and car? I have had my car in for warranty Issues 2 times. Do I hate GM, or Camaros? No, I am glad they have a warranty and that those things are better. Take the on-star and run cut your ties with the dealer, BIG DEAL about the A/C my parents just purchased an equinox, guess what the A/C went out for a while (10 days!) no big deal you sweat! the only difference in severity is that we were 110 degrees (95% humidity) in the middle of summer.
Oh, and on a side note, you response to everyone further shows your arrogance. The people here aren't trying to scam you or betray you, there is more knowledge of the 5th gen here then most dealers, I mean we have members here who dedicate part of their lives to their car. Quit bitching and get over it. Simple enough, if your not satisfied then that is fine just don't try and cause pity, or make your claim seem more then it is.

On a further side note you filled up once a week? for six weeks? Dude my car used to be filled every six days cause I had a 50 mile commute each day. 13800 miles no complaints, grow up a little and enjoy the ride!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:37 PM   #84
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
I agree with this guy - if you recieved a rental car in replacement of the camaro; why would you expect anything additional? They made good on the waranty as per policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
TWO months of car payments? Sorry...I don't buy it.

The car was only gone 10 days. That's less than half a month. Let's be serious here.

First, was a rental (even if it wasn't a Camaro) provided for you for free? I'm guessing it was, but I could be wrong.

Second, you aren't leasing here. Your payments are going towards principle in the car, even if you weren't driving it.

I think the offer by GM is fair. It sucks that you didn't have your car, but expecting more than what you're getting? What did you want...a tug and a rub?

Closed Thread