Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #127
mjf6866

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T 6-speed 3.92 rear
Location: sitting on an angry chair with angry walls that steal the air
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
No I don't remember; there's nothing to do "all again."
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread...=107598&page=4

Sure there is...this is just a rehash from February.

You were trying to make it as complicated then as you are now!
-HopNot total package
-275/50-17 M&H drag radials on mustang cobra r's for track days
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
mjf6866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #128
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf6866 View Post

Oh... well I guess I'm done here.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:40 PM   #129
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf6866 View Post

Mwahahahaha!!!!

It is useless with him. He lives in a fantasy world full of leprechauns and unicorns. He has no track experience to bring to the table. The best he can do is what Google can tell him.

Here is a quote from the other thread from him:

Quote:
Refresh my memory... what did they do?
/me adds to my signature.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #130
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
In a Naturally Aspirated Engine, not Forced Induction or Direct Injection, there is NO Replacement For Displacement. Looking at any low displacement engine will show you this. For example:

The BMW M3 S65 4.0L V8 has 414 Horsepower but only 296 lbft of Torque

The Mustang 5.0 Coyote V8 in the Boss 303 has 444 horsepower and 380 lbft of torque.

The LS3 and L99 6.2L V8's respectively have 426/400 Horsepower and 420/410 lbft of torque.

With a low displacement engine the higher you go with the horsepower the larger the gap, generally speaking, between Horsepower and Torque figures. As with anything though you can do many things to work with these figures. High-Revving as an example.

The same applies for the most part between the GT500 and the ZL1, supercharging and turbo charging help boost torque numbers, that is one of the reasons that BMW is turbocharging most of their performance cars.

I'm sure since your Camaro is turbocharged you already knew all that and that last bit is because any kind of Forced Induction or Direct Injection is bypassing Natural Aspiration. You might have a different definition of a N/A engine but mine is one that doesn't have anything Forced Into It. All respect to you though
My point was that both the LLT and LFX are naturally aspirated. There is no forced injection from the factory. Direct injection simply injects FUEL into the cylinders, not air.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:15 PM   #131
a_Username

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbt View Post
Mwahahahaha!!!!

It is useless with him. He lives in a fantasy world full of leprechauns and unicorns. He has no track experience to bring to the table. The best he can do is what Google can tell him.

Here is a quote from the other thread from him:

/me adds to my signature.
I'm glad your own idiocy amuses you. Also, it's kind of weird I infatuate you so much that you "quote" me in your signature.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:25 PM   #132
wbt
Account Suspended

Quote:
I'm glad your own idiocy amuses you. Also, it's kind of weird I infatuate you so much that you "quote" me in your signature.
I reserve that space for folks like yourself who talk the talk but don't walk the walk.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #133
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
My point was that both the LLT and LFX are naturally aspirated. There is no forced injection from the factory. Direct injection simply injects FUEL into the cylinders, not air.
Direct Injection technically does force gas in to cylinders. Forced INDUCTION forces AIR. If you consider Direct Injecting natural then all the power to you. A lot of the car community doesn't though.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #134
a_Username

Quote:
I reserve that space for folks like yourself who talk the talk but don't walk the walk.
I've been to the track a few times, but I've only made around 10 passes (all in one night). I admit I did terrible (9.1@80), considering it was my first time out with the car and haven't had the time to go back. I could reserve my signature for idiots, but I'm sure the moderators of C5 would hate having 500 quotes from you taking up two pages in one thread every time I post.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:48 PM   #135
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Quote:
Direct Injection technically does force gas in to cylinders. Forced INDUCTION forces AIR. If you consider Direct Injecting natural then all the power to you. A lot of the car community doesn't though.
i don't get it. you are agreeing with gretchen, that DI injects fuel only...

So there are people out there that think the v6 camaro is forced inducted from the factory, and that it's not naturally aspirated?
Old 10-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #136
wbt
Account Suspended

Quote:
I've been to the track a few times, but I've only made around 10 passes (all in one night). I admit I did terrible (9.1@80), considering it was my first time out with the car and haven't had the time to go back. I could reserve my signature for idiots, but I'm sure the moderators of C5 would hate having 500 quotes from you taking up two pages in one thread every time I post.

Lol! That is terrible. Falls right in-line with what I mentioned previously in this thread about the average owner. For your sake I hope it wasn't with the following mods:

1. Jannetty Racing Tuning
2. Cold Air Inductions, Inc. CAI system
3. American Racing 2" Headers w/ cats

You drive an auto so that takes shifting out of the equation.

My 13.4 bone stock pass in the Challenger netted a 8.7 in the 1/8th@81.18.

I certainly wouldn't be flapping my lips like you do with those times.....

I see now why you have your knot in a twirl most if the time especially when BONE STOCK Challenger's are posting better times.

.....oh wait....that wasn't at the same track on the same day now was it.....
Old 10-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #137
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
i don't get it. you are agreeing with gretchen, that DI injects fuel only...

So there are people out there that think the v6 camaro is forced inducted from the factory, and that it's not naturally aspirated?
No there are people that think Direct Injection is not Naturally Aspirated. I don't believe forcing anything into a cylinder qualifies as Naturally Aspirated.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #138
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
No there are people that think Direct Injection is not Naturally Aspirated. I don't believe forcing anything into a cylinder qualifies as Naturally Aspirated.
So what exactly is the v6 camaro? lol i'm so confused.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:11 PM   #139
a_Username

Quote:
Lol! That is terrible. Falls right in-line with what I mentioned previously in this thread about the average owner. For your sake I hope it wasn't with the following mods:

1. Jannetty Racing Tuning
2. Cold Air Inductions, Inc. CAI system
3. American Racing 2" Headers w/ cats

You drive an auto so that takes shifting out of the equation.
It wasn't; it was my first pass ever on a bone stock L99. There were some midly built fox bodys with slicks running mid-low 8s; I remember people telling how much they disliked the track because of terrible track-prep.

Quote:
My 13.4 bone stock pass in the Challenger netted a 8.7 in the 1/8th@81.18.

I certainly wouldn't be flapping my lips like you do with those times.....

I see now why you have your knot in a twirl most if the time especially when BONE STOCK Challenger's are posting better times.

.....oh wait....that wasn't at the same track on the same day now was it.....
So wait, you're "flapping your lips" about your R/T where there a many a bone stock Camaro running faster than you? See how that works? I find it even more amusing that you're resorting to terribly thought up personal attacks instead of admitting you're an idiot; maybe it's that overinflated ego at work? You keep on posting pictures of your headers on photobucket and maybe someone, someday will pay attention to you for another reason besides making fun of your reading skills.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:21 PM   #140
wbt
Account Suspended

Quote:
It wasn't; it was my first pass ever on a bone stock L99. There were some midly built fox bodys with slicks running mid-low 8s; I remember people telling how much they disliked the track because of terrible track-prep.
Excuses....excuses....

Keep telling yourself that.

Quote:
So wait, you're "flapping your lips" about your R/T where there a many a bone stock Camaro running faster than you? See how that works? I find it even more amusing that you're resorting to terribly thought up personal attacks instead of admitting you're an idiot; maybe it's that overinflated ego at work? You keep on posting pictures of your headers on photobucket and maybe someone, someday will pay attention to you for another reason besides making fun of your reading skills.
I figured you wouldn't get it even after I have said it multiple times and will one last time for you....

1. I work on my own cars and have said proof of which you and everyone else has seen.
2. I post evidence of runs at the track so the normal folks can see. (You watch it too apparently in disbelief.)
3. Your arguments have nothing to back them up with and you come off as a fool. Empty and baseless. It has nothing to do with ego.

It sucks being called out for what you are doesn't it? Take it as a lesson learned for next time.

BTW - you need to look in the mirror on personal attacks. You initiated this banter (as you always do).