Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 10-26-2011, 05:16 AM   #15
Driveshaftshop

Drives: own more cars than i can list
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedyards86 View Post
this is good to hear since i grenaded everything but the DSS axles in my 9in kit at Indy this year. Still alittle upset about this.

its a shame the Eaton broke like this, we have sold over 100 Camaro kits and this would be the first to have this damage

its nice to know the parts we made didn't break,It did tear the spline off 2 stubs but then its easy to see why. Were setting this car up with one of the Wavetrac 33 spline diff but its still going to use the 1400Hp axles. were almost finished with the stubs for this kit so anyone interested in the 9" kit with the 33 spline wavetrac should let us know as we have a decent amount of them sold already. We have been asked why we went with the 33 spline. the reason was Moser has a hold on the 31 and the 35 spline ones and we wanted to offer something direct to our customers so they wouldn't have to use Moser if they didn't want to. also it allows us to do it a little cheaper being we are buying direct.
Driveshaftshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #16
Driveshaftshop

Were getting real close to having the parts ready for this, here is a shot of some 35 spline ends a certain customer wanted for a custom build. The 33 splines ones are roughed out and ready for splines Monday. made from solid billet to ensure no breakage.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #17
Driveshaftshop

Hi, i have been getting a few emails about this. just so its better understood we are making both the 33 spline for our Wavetrac and the 35 spline for the Moser unit in solid billet (like our 31 spline ends)

Last edited by Driveshaftshop; 11-03-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #18
Driveshaftshop

If any of you were wondering about this new 33 spline set (its the same 33 spline as the outer CV on the cars) we have about 10 sets at the heat treater and will start shipping them mid next week. we have sold a few but not to worry we made 25 sets, this is is for the big Hp guys and being we had sold over 100 kits with the 31 spline with only on Eaton failure I'm sure its not needed by all. But it is nice to know they are here and ready to go, We made both 35 and 33 spline stubs just in case you were in the market for billet parts.

sure is a allot of machining, we have a Mazak twin turret 30hp monster that cuts .250 per turret a pass. it still takes time to do these things.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #19
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Perfection takes time.... Good looking pieces...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #20
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Frank,

I am calling you monday morning to place my order...

I'll discuss it more with you in detail when I call... but I'm thinking the nine inch, 3.07 gears... the wave trac diff... 33 spline pieces...and a driveshaft... I'll take your recommendation on the gears as well... My car is mostly a street driven car... but I want to be able to launch it hard... so if I have to replace the softer pro gears periodically, I would rather do that then worry about breaking the harder street gears...

I have my 1400 HP axles from you on the car already... and a couple of guys have offerd to buy them from me... and you offered for me to ship them back to you for an exchange... Let me know your preference... and I can't wait to get these on my car and actually be able to launch the car and not worry about breaking driveline stuff...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 11-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #21
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
already ordered mine earlier this week. cant wait!
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #22
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Mine is officially on order... All the listed stuff for the nine inch conversion and 3.07 gears...can't wait to get it....

Last edited by SSE 4 2SS; 11-07-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #23
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Mine is officially on order... All the listed stuff, and 3.07 gears...can't wait to get it....
Nice!

Old 11-07-2011, 07:32 PM   #24
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
Nice!

Yup, and Frank is such a pleasure to deal with...

Old 11-10-2011, 09:16 AM   #25
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Mine is officially on order... All the listed stuff for the nine inch conversion and 3.07 gears...can't wait to get it....
Quote:
Yup, and Frank is such a pleasure to deal with...

Congrats man and yes he/they are.

Will be following your build thread on this bad ass machine. Be sure to get plenty pics
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #26
TTCamaro
Turbo fabber

Drives: 2010 Twin turbo Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveshaftshop View Post
If any of you were wondering about this new 33 spline set (its the same 33 spline as the outer CV on the cars) we have about 10 sets at the heat treater and will start shipping them mid next week. we have sold a few but not to worry we made 25 sets, this is is for the big Hp guys and being we had sold over 100 kits with the 31 spline with only on Eaton failure I'm sure its not needed by all. But it is nice to know they are here and ready to go, We made both 35 and 33 spline stubs just in case you were in the market for billet parts.

sure is a allot of machining, we have a Mazak twin turret 30hp monster that cuts .250 per turret a pass. it still takes time to do these things.

Sorry but I keep reading this post and it just bugs me..
I'm sure it's a honest mistake but you cant machine 1/4" material off of (looks like 4340 or 4140 in the photo) steel in a lathe.
Maybe you meant .025" or a typical cut depth would be between .020 to .040 thousands.
If you were taking off a 1/4 (.25) at a time it would take no time to machine a part LOL
And if it's a twin spindle machine then you should have your programmer make use of its ability and machine both ends while it's in the machine since that's what twin spindle machines are good at.
Nice looking parts though
I'm an industrial equipment and materials consultant and this just caught my eye