Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #813
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
April 9th is a good date. That is the day I adopted Jewel.

I like the names you have for your boys. How does Austin like the Camaro?
Oh, that's cool!! Thank you!! He loves it, of course Transformers did that too him. Before I got Mysteek he would go NUTS every time he saw a yellow Camaro and call it Bumblebee, of course!! Oh, and all the other colors were either Bumblebees brothers or cousins. He loves her and said it's going to be his car when he is old enough. I told him if he learns to respect his things and take care maybe he could have something as AWESOME as a Camaro, but only time will tell.
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #814
sugar'n'spice

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
Be happy with the one who treats you right. You deserve that. And don't allow yourself to get sucked in by the "hard life" excuses. Alcoholism is one of the few diseases you actually have a choice in, and though he's trying to straighten out, and seems to be making the right choices now, the damage your ex has done is already there. He didn't make the right choice back when he should have. Your family wants to protect you, and it's doubtful the ex will ever be able to make amends enough to change their minds.
What is your gut telling you? Not your heart. Our hearts are often wrong in things like this...
Well said.

This is your life...it doesn't revolve around your ex.
When it comes down to it...DO what makes YOU happy.
Sometime our hearts take over...but you need to put your thinking cap on your head and use it. Meaning, if you truly believe that you will be happy with this new man.....so be it. Then do it.
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:02 AM   #815
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteek View Post
Oh, that's cool!! Thank you!! He loves it, of course Transformers did that too him. Before I got Mysteek he would go NUTS every time he saw a yellow Camaro and call it Bumblebee, of course!! Oh, and all the other colors were either Bumblebees brothers or cousins. He loves her and said it's going to be his car when he is old enough. I told him if he learns to respect his things and take care maybe he could have something as AWESOME as a Camaro, but only time will tell.

My neighbors kid (he is 3) stares at my car in awe. The one morning I came out and he was sitting outside playing. I got in the car started her up and his month dropped. I then turned on the halos and he tugged at his mom's jacket and said, "mommy, why is Bumblebee red?" It was so freaking cute.

Good call with the respect. Who knows if I will still have this Camaro when my children are old enough to drive. Probably not. I am not planning on having any children for another 4 years, plus.

And I think G will agree with me. They will not be allow near the ZL1. That is too much power for a teenager.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #816
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Quote:
My neighbors kid (he is 3) stares at my car in awe. The one morning I came out and he was sitting outside playing. I got in the car started her up and his month dropped. I then turned on the halos and he tugged at his mom's jacket and said, "mommy, why is Bumblebee red?" It was so freaking cute.

Good call with the respect. Who knows if I will still have this Camaro when my children are old enough to drive. Probably not. I am not planning on having any children for another 4 years, plus.

And I think G will agree with me. They will not be allow near the ZL1. That is too much power for a teenager.
NICE!! It's gets ya right there in the heart when you see a kids face light up like that. When I went to get my son at daycare some of the kids came running up to the gate. Well, since this is my 2nd pregnancy I 'popped' early, so when I got out one of them goes "Looks she is chubby!" I started laughing!! It was hilarious!! OH, the things children say!! You probably made that boys days that morning!!

Yeah same here. I told Danny that when these boys get old enough to drive they are getting beaters as their first cars. If they can show us they know how to take care of it regardless of it's condition and keep their grades up they will get something nicer. Once they graduate college, and if we are rolling in the $$$$$, then we will buy them something new for all their hard work. Who knows?! All I know is that I"m not handing things to them. They will learn the value of the dollar just like I did, and not be materialistic like my hubby (he is working on it though.)

Ummm....yeah!! HELL NO!!! I wouldn't let them near it either. Not even BREATHE on it if I had a ZL1. SHOOT!!
Old 11-23-2011, 10:30 AM   #817
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Quote:
NICE!! It's gets ya right there in the heart when you see a kids face light up like that. When I went to get my son at daycare some of the kids came running up to the gate. Well, since this is my 2nd pregnancy I 'popped' early, so when I got out one of them goes "Looks she is chubby!" I started laughing!! It was hilarious!! OH, the things children say!! You probably made that boys days that morning!!

Yeah same here. I told Danny that when these boys get old enough to drive they are getting beaters as their first cars. If they can show us they know how to take care of it regardless of it's condition and keep their grades up they will get something nicer. Once they graduate college, and if we are rolling in the $$$$$, then we will buy them something new for all their hard work. Who knows?! All I know is that I"m not handing things to them. They will learn the value of the dollar just like I did, and not be materialistic like my hubby (he is working on it though.)

Ummm....yeah!! HELL NO!!! I wouldn't let them near it either. Not even BREATHE on it if I had a ZL1. SHOOT!!
It is good to get a kid a beater they are going to hit stuff learning how to drive. My parents bought each of their kids a car when we turned 16. When I turned 19 I saved enough money for a brand new Cavalier and traded in the Neon. My brother did the same thing with his car. We both have brand new cars and care for them. I was handed my first car to me, but I know the true value of my cars and care about them so much.

People think I am spolied because my parents handed me a car, but they made all three of us pay for college. Paying for my own schooling make my respect my degree more than most people. I didn't party and rarely skipped class. I knew how much money I was paying for my education.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:43 AM   #818
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Quote:
It is good to get a kid a beater they are going to hit stuff learning how to drive. My parents bought each of their kids a car when we turned 16. When I turned 19 I saved enough money for a brand new Cavalier and traded in the Neon. My brother did the same thing with his car. We both have brand new cars and care for them. I was handed my first car to me, but I know the true value of my cars and care about them so much.

People think I am spolied because my parents handed me a car, but they made all three of us pay for college. Paying for my own schooling make my respect my degree more than most people. I didn't party and rarely skipped class. I knew how much money I was paying for my education.
I think it is too!! Well, I think that's the way to do it, buy them something to get from Point A to Point B and if they want to upgrade it's up to them. My first car was a 1984 Pontiac GrandAm. My parents got it for free, and it was all busted up looking. Hated that car. It was loud when it started up, would have sounded pretty good on a nice car, but that thing brought attention. Half the front grill was missing, the back only said PONTI, and the back seats had the stuffing coming out from getting sunbeat. I did wash that car every weekend and vacuumed it out often. I did what I could. My parents learned from my brother, nothing nice to start. I hated it, but didn't mind it too much. Did what it was supposed to do. Made me respect my things a lot more when I got older. My first vehicle was a 2007 Trailblazer, got that when I was 8 mths preggo with Austin. I loved that SUV because it was mine. I got a scholarship for college so I didn't have to pay. You are right about respecting your degree, mine is up in my closet right now collecting dust. I haven't done anything with it. It's a BA in Government and a Suppl. Major in Law & Society, and it's just chilling up there. I'm not proud of it either so I believe what your parents did for you is the best thing a parent could do for their child. Right on, they !!!
Old 11-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #819
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

OREO DELIGHT
Printed from COOKS.COM

Read more about it at http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,191,...226199,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

1 (16 oz.) pkg. Oreos
1 lg. Cool Whip
1 (8 oz.) soft cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar
1 stick melted butter
1 lg. box instant Jello chocolate pudding
Milk for pudding

Crush Oreos. Reserve 1/2 cup for topping. Mix remaining with melted butter and press into 9x13 inch pan. Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and half of Cool Whip and spread over crust. Chill. Mix Jello pudding. Spread over cream cheese mixture. Top pudding with remaining Cool Whip and garnish with cookie reserve. Chill and serve.

I'm making this for Thanksgiving tomorrow, and it got some attention in the PWA Lounge so I thought I would post it in here for your ladies as well. It's AMAZING!!! Oh, and FYI ADDICTING!!
Old 11-23-2011, 11:06 AM   #820
Blondie3
Blondie3

Drives: 2011 1Lt "Victory Red"
Ladies, Im getting hungry reading all those recipes!
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
Blondie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:06 AM   #821
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Quote:
I think it is too!! Well, I think that's the way to do it, buy them something to get from Point A to Point B and if they want to upgrade it's up to them. My first car was a 1984 Pontiac GrandAm. My parents got it for free, and it was all busted up looking. Hated that car. It was loud when it started up, would have sounded pretty good on a nice car, but that thing brought attention. Half the front grill was missing, the back only said PONTI, and the back seats had the stuffing coming out from getting sunbeat. I did wash that car every weekend and vacuumed it out often. I did what I could. My parents learned from my brother, nothing nice to start. I hated it, but didn't mind it too much. Did what it was supposed to do. Made me respect my things a lot more when I got older. My first vehicle was a 2007 Trailblazer, got that when I was 8 mths preggo with Austin. I loved that SUV because it was mine. I got a scholarship for college so I didn't have to pay. You are right about respecting your degree, mine is up in my closet right now collecting dust. I haven't done anything with it. It's a BA in Government and a Suppl. Major in Law & Society, and it's just chilling up there. I'm not proud of it either so I believe what your parents did for you is the best thing a parent could do for their child. Right on, they !!!

I hated my Dodge Neon. It smelled really bad because water would leek in everytime it rained. 2 door and the backseat was small than the Camaro. Smart on my parents part. I use the excuse that I couldn't take people home from school because they just couldn't fit. After having that car I said I will never have a 2-door again It is fun to have a beater car when you are young. It is also good because it gives you something to work on. Buy a kid a beater Camaro and let him/her build it up. My brother did this with his car. It kept him out of trouble. He work to buy himself parts and mod his car, then he worked on his car on the weekends instead of going out drinking with his buddies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie3 View Post
Ladies, Im getting hungry reading all those recipes!
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

I can't wait to go home and eat a home cooked meals.

Last edited by jewel25; 11-23-2011 at 11:34 AM.
jewel25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #822
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Quote:
I hated my Dodge Neon. It smelled really bad because water would leek in everytime it rained. 2 door and the backseat was small than the Camaro. Smart on my parents part. I use the excuse that I couldn't take people home from school because they just couldn't fit. After having that car I said I will never have a 2-door again It is fun to have a beater car when you are young. It is also good because it gives you something to work on. By a kid a beater Camaro and let him/her build it up. My brother did this with his car. It keep him out of trouble. He work to by himself parts and mods his car, then he worked on his car on the weekends instead of going out drinking with his buddies.
Hmmm?!?! That's an intriguing idea!! I'll have to remember that. Teaches them the value of dollar, that if they work hard they can have nice things, and how cars work so they are knowledgeable in case things go wrong!! Man, you are batting 1000 with me today with all this info!!! I need a notepad!!
Old 11-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #823
IROC'D
Momma's Happy....

Drives: 2SS,M6,Summit White, gray int
Sarah there’s lots of good advice here. I’ve been married to an alcoholic for almost 24 years and I know first hand the emotional roller coaster you are on. We have 3 kids with my daughter being the youngest at 20 and if she asked me the same thing you’re asking I
would advise her to give the new guy a chance.

I missed getting in on the pet pics yesterday. I sure enjoyed the pictures of all kitties and doggies. Here’s my babies. I had 1 Newfoundland and a Newfie mix, but they’ve been gone a while. They were gentle giants. Somehow I have collected these animals. Jack-Jack is a red heeler. He was my daughter’s, but he was too much for college life so now he’s with me. He is just the sweetest dog, but he needs lots of attention or he gets into stuff. AnnaMay the rat terrier was my parent’s dog, but she was too hyper for them. We were supposed to keep her and train her for my dad, but he ended up giving her to us. I never thought I would like a small dog like her but she is my favorite. She has so much courage and won’t back down for anything. Daisy is the oldest, we found her on the side of the road when she was about 6 weeks old.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

2010 2SS Ordered 7/20/09
Delivered 10/1/2009!!!!!
IROC'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:39 AM   #824
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Thank you all for the advice. I know what I need to do-- now I just need to have the courage to do it. I hate hurting people, and I hate the thought of hurting my ex. He's been hurt enough by others. :( I always told him no matter what, I'd never give up on him.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #825
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Morning Ladies!! I'm already stressing for tomorrow. This is my first year hosting and I don't have a clue.
Oh honey! All will be well, I promise. Set the table tonight, follow the recipes, and this is a must, enlist the help of others. There is no shame in putting others to work and it keeps them busy and out of the rooms that you have shut the door on so the junk doesn't fall out.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #826
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark5thGenGirl View Post
Thank you all for the advice. I know what I need to do-- now I just need to have the courage to do it. I hate hurting people, and I hate the thought of hurting my ex. He's been hurt enough by others. :( I always told him no matter what, I'd never give up on him.
You're not giving up on the ex, be his friend at arms length, a phone pal. Just not a romantic interest. You'll be the better for it and so will he in the long run. Go girl!