Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-03-2011, 08:03 AM   #15
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
I'd be interested in this too. I'd love to figure out a way to SC and keep some sort of factory warranty.
All of the Superchargers we Carry offer a Supplemental Drivetrain warranty Optional, IF the Supercharger system is the ONLY Drivetrain modification for 3 years 36000 miles starting at Cars in service date and Mileage.

Magnacharger
Edelbrock
Vortech
Paxton
Whipple
Procharger

The Truth is Once you feel the Power You Forget all about Warranty
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #16
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
Whipple! With that and bolt ons I'm making 630+RWHP.
Nice. While at the Dyno they showed me a run of a Whipple Equipped '12SS with LS3 Conversion Blower Cam 646 RWHP
Quote:
Warranties are overrated.
Yeah never had to use mine the whole month I had it.LOL

Matster I asked Santa what he thought of a Crate Motor under the tree. He wrote back "Kid don't push it.You weren't that good"

Deke736 if I were in your shoes and keeping the powertrain warranty is a necessity and having a blower is a necessity,Imho would have to seriously look at the SLP Unit Kronix mentioned that Chevy Dealers are installing. Saw the paperwork at our local dealer and that looks like a sweet deal. However if you get the Mod Bug to add things later all bets could be off with the warranty. Believe me once you're bitten it's all over. Did things bass akward here thinking would stop at headers and exhaust. That lasted about a week. LOL

Don't regret my choice of FI at all. HOWEVER, after Thursdays Dyno Tune, wish I would have bought the EForce Basic Competition Kit and added my own Fuel Injectors,Pulley,Rails etc. Would have saved me a few $ that I am now having to spend replacing these pieces to get to where I want the car to be.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #17
Williasd

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
The MOD bug is HORRIBLE!!!! My wife just shakes her head everytime I mention it! In one of the threads on here Ted put some facts out about where the RPM power of the SCs on the market are at max boost. Those number might help you determine which SC you want compared to how you drive your car. The one I am leaning towards (once my rich uncle gets out of the poor house) is the Whipple because it is max boost around 4k rpms. Mine is a DD and I do a lot of traffic driving here in Hampton Roads so I don't want max boost between 2 and 3k. I want it at a specific time, not because my right foot was a little too heavy... LOL
Williasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #18
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
Yup...go talk to your dealer...about the slp. There are some dealers that have aftermarket options also. You just have to be lucky enough to find one of those.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #19
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williasd View Post
The MOD bug is HORRIBLE!!!! My wife just shakes her head everytime I mention it! In one of the threads on here Ted put some facts out about where the RPM power of the SCs on the market are at max boost. Those number might help you determine which SC you want compared to how you drive your car. The one I am leaning towards (once my rich uncle gets out of the poor house) is the Whipple because it is max boost around 4k rpms. Mine is a DD and I do a lot of traffic driving here in Hampton Roads so I don't want max boost between 2 and 3k. I want it at a specific time, not because my right foot was a little too heavy... LOL
Keep in Mind you only hit Max boost with Max Throttle, you can still rev it to Redline with NO boost with Light Throttle
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #20
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
CAMARO=Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #21
SSBUSDRVR

Quote:
CAMARO=Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession.
Isn't that the truth LOL
Attached Images

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
Old 12-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #22
s/c ss

Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Everyone has a hear say opinion, here's my FACTS.... I just bought a new 2011 LS3 SS in October, the whole time I was researching the car I was also researching superchargers. I choose SLP, the company that has partnered with Chevy/GM for a few decades, and the company that's help making the ZL1. I purchased their Stage 1 SC, 575RWHP, along with a 5/100k Powertrain warranty. The SC MUST be installed by the Chevy dealer or SLP in order for the warranty to be valid. They offer a 3/36k or 5/100k warranty... It IS NOT for off-road use only, it's for every Camaro that's on the road, that has the dealer install it. EVERY Chevy dealer must honor the warranty, yes I've read all the fine print, and it's the same warranty as my GM warranty. It's NOTHING like the Edelbrock E-Force warranty, my warranty is valid at any Chevy dealership....again, as long as my Chevy dealer installed the SC I'm good.

Go to SLP's website, do your research, call them, I can even give you the West Coast regional manager's phone number and he will validate everything I've said & will confirm how SLP & Chevy have been working together for decades, and how Chevy will honor your Supercharged Camaro, again, as long as its installed by the dealer...and if your dealer won't install it, they will provide you with a list of Chevy dealers in every state that will be happy to install it.

My words are actual facts, I'm not speaking from what I've heard from a friend of a friend, whose cousin knows a tech at a dealership....I spent the $7500 for the Stage 1 SC with the Chevy honored 5/100k warranty, and it's getting installed next week by Paso Robles Chevy/Caddy, along with performance springs, sway bars, SLP Loudmouth II exhaust, skip shift eliminator and a tune....ALL COVERED BY CHEVY

This is not fiction, this is fact
Thanks for this info. It eases my mind and confirms most of my research in adding the SLP supercharger to my car. However, I have been looking at the Edelbrock E-Force one as well. I'm still unsure of which one to really take the plunge with.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #23
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Isn't that the truth LOL
See I'm not alone!
Old 12-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #24
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/c ss View Post
Thanks for this info. It eases my mind and confirms most of my research in adding the SLP supercharger to my car. However, I have been looking at the Edelbrock E-Force one as well. I'm still unsure of which one to really take the plunge with.
You really can't pick a wrong one. They all take a awesome car to the next level.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #25
SSBUSDRVR

Can't remeber what paperwork said but how much does the Supplemental Warranty cost for the GM installed SLP Unit vs Edelbrock? Have the warranty info never used here for the EForce
36m/36k $275 60m/60k $475 60m/100k $775

Thread got me wondering and just read all the small print.
Intersting you can take it to any repair facility but Tier1 (the warranty company) reserves the right to move the vehicle to a facility of their choice.
You must authorize the facilty to dissassemble suspected compotent first before consideration for coverage. If component is found not to be covered by warranty or broken.You are responsible for all labor fees,costs involved. That could be a huge gray area.

If you take the car to the strip for a fun run just to see what it will do and something blows.Not covered. "It didn't happen on the strip but the road leading to it." LOL

Old 12-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #26
sask-man
Sask-man from Sask

Drives: 2010 1SSRS M6 Black of course!
Doing the SLP at GM dealers...did you get them to do headers and exhaust too?
sask-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #27
S-eatin-grin

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
All I can say is that the power is like then then . I absolutely love driving my Camaro. No regrets on supercharging!!!
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:26 AM   #28
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
E-Force extended powertrain warranty is not available to a do-it-yourself installer. It has to be installed by a pro in order to be eligible.

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote